The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2018, 05:38 PM

POST ID # = 975301
Spudmeister Reputation: 10
Default HS70 Mic level so low it's unusable

Just got the HS70 after reading/watching great reviews of it online. The sound quality of the speakers is fine, the features are fine, but the output level of the mic is so low that the headset is pretty much unusable. I have all the mic levels (win/icue/discord) maxed out, but still I people can barely make out what I'm saying over Discord. Even recordings on the Windows Voice Recorder are really low on volume. No amount of adjusting really solves the problem, neither from the software or the actual mic.

Is there anything that can be done, other than try to get my money back?

Old 10-05-2018, 06:29 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 975307
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudmeister View Post
Just got the HS70 after reading/watching great reviews of it online. The sound quality of the speakers is fine, the features are fine, but the output level of the mic is so low that the headset is pretty much unusable. I have all the mic levels (win/icue/discord) maxed out, but still I people can barely make out what I'm saying over Discord. Even recordings on the Windows Voice Recorder are really low on volume. No amount of adjusting really solves the problem, neither from the software or the actual mic.

Is there anything that can be done, other than try to get my money back?
Do you happen to have any other sound management software installed? i.e: Realtek Audio Manager? If so, try uninstall it and see if it makes a difference. Another thing you can try is to do a firmware flash on the headset via iCUE. (Setting > Select the device > Update)

Old 10-06-2018, 08:26 AM

POST ID # = 975349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair StormShadow View Post
Do you happen to have any other sound management software installed? i.e: Realtek Audio Manager? If so, try uninstall it and see if it makes a difference. Another thing you can try is to do a firmware flash on the headset via iCUE. (Setting > Select the device > Update)
No additional sound managers installed. Also, firmware flash doesn't change anything. If I record the misc, the sound quality of is pretty ok (for a cheap headset), but it's just really really quiet, so I'm willing to guess there might not be anything physically wrong with the mic, just the gain gets cut to minus one billion decibels...

Old 10-08-2018, 05:42 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 975604
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

Interesting. Can you see if the headset has the same microphone levels on another computer as well? Curious to see if something may be interfering with the headset's microphone levels.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:11 PM

POST ID # = 975769

I found a solution, from a another thread. It's a program called Equilizer APO, and I used it to set the preamp gain to +17dB, I think it was at -6dB. It has to be something in Windows that set the gain to -6dB, as this is a brand spanking new computer, with no additional sound managers or anything like that.

Maybe you can add a line of code to the HS70 drivers that automatically sets the gain to at least a positive setting?

Old 10-10-2018, 12:45 PM

POST ID # = 975889
pimpingootch Reputation: 10

I'm having the same issues with my HS70 headset. The sound is super low and my friends commented from Day 1 since i have had this headset.

There are no options under sounds to increase levels or to microphone boost. Windows, Discord and iCUE levels are all at max. We are left to increase the mic boost with 3rd party software which shouldnt be the case. Why is there no microphone boost within the iCUE software or ways to control the dB levels to adjust.

THis sucks.

Old 01-01-2019, 02:08 AM

POST ID # = 987755
dmoticon Reputation: 10

I'm also having issues with my HS70 mic being so quiet it's worthless. I don't have any third party sound management installed. Running Windows 10. Corsair, I think enough people are having this issue that you should start taking it more seriously. We shouldn't have to download a third party program to fix this...

Old 01-13-2019, 05:22 AM

POST ID # = 989597
Topah Reputation: 10

Having the same issue here also. Not good for Corsair brand. Had their products past 15 years because easy of use and reliability. First time asking for help. My future with them depends now on the support.

I updated the firmware first and then the whole headset died. Did the reset (5 seconds dongle with a pin) and now got the headset working but the microphone is still useless. Brand new from the shop.

Please fix these issues as soon as possible Corsair. I tried in 4 computers so far. Should not waste valuable time with simple thing like this. Windows 7 and Windows 10 same issue.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:24 AM
crack_monkey's PC Specs

POST ID # = 989631
crack_monkey Reputation: 10
Send a message via ICQ to crack_monkey

Nothing new on that no comment from Corsair?

Old 03-02-2019, 02:02 PM

POST ID # = 996136
Outofblues Reputation: 10

Having the same issue here. Worse is that I can't get the Equalizer APO software to install to my HS60 headset/Mic. Anyone have any other suggestions besides APO?

Old 09-09-2019, 09:22 AM

POST ID # = 1017487
Ajarn Spencer Reputation: 10

i Just bought a pair and im seinding it back to JIB Thailand tomorrow as volume on highest level is quieter than a mouse letting of gas. Worst headphones i ever had, and so quiet even a rabbit couldnt hear anything with them on

Old 09-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Notepad's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017564
Corsair Notepad Reputation: 10

You also need to make sure you have the volumes appropriately set in the Windows Sound Mixer