The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-20-2014, 06:03 AM

POST ID # = 742713
Lukeroge Reputation: 10
Angry Commander Mini will not control fans based on temp sensors.

I'm trying to use the temperature sensor groups to control fan speeds on my Commander Mini but it simply refuses to work. I can use the "CPU temp" or any other group to control my fans with custom curves but as soon as I try and use one of the Commander Mini temperature probes it just stops working and leaves the fan at its previous RPM.

I've also tried using SIV to manually link the temp sensors with the fan control, but it just reverts the setting back to internal.

Any fix for this? Because it makes the temperature probes completely useless if I can't even control my fans with them.

Image of Corsair Link ignoring my fan curve (CL Midcase Temp is one of the sensors included with the Mini)

If I switch to CPU temp it works as it should.

Last edited by Lukeroge; 11-20-2014 at 06:07 AM.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 742733
red-ray Reputation: 81

SIV writes the correct values as far as I can tell, but when it reads them back the sensor selected is always zero. I am starting to wonder if this is a firmware bug.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:13 PM

POST ID # = 742821

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
SIV writes the correct values as far as I can tell, but when it reads them back the sensor selected is always zero. I am starting to wonder if this is a firmware bug.
Hmm, yeah, it always reads back internal, but I've actually tried heating the temp sensors and the fan RPM does not move :(

Old 11-23-2014, 09:02 AM

POST ID # = 743226

Thanks Corsair staff for helping. Not.

Old 11-23-2014, 01:12 PM
Specter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 743245
Specter Reputation: 22

This is nothing new, Corsair knew this does not work since a month ago. We just have to wait for a fix

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...&postcount=219

Last edited by Specter; 11-23-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:26 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 746955
Thumbs down The H100i also doesn't work with manual temperature control

I have just found that the H100i and H80i with the 1.0.07 firmware also his this issue. Does anyone know if there is a firmware version that works for any of the CL Mini, H100i or H80i please?

CL Cooling Nodes, H100s and H80s work fine, but not CL Minis, H100i or H80i. When I write the new mode and then read it back bits 4 -> 6 are always zero. This means that temperature feedback to the CL Mini is rather limited.

Below Cooler-L works as I would hope, but the CLCC-E and H100i fans cannot use manual temperature feedback control at all. Further for the CL Mini I can't use temperature sensors 1, 2 and 3. Note Internal is 4 which is somewhat strange.

Attached Images
File Type: png siv_fan.png (180.1 KB, 4390 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 01-16-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:54 AM

POST ID # = 747405

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
I have just found that the H100i with the 1.0.07 firmware also his this issue. Does anyone know if there is a firmware version that works for either the CL Mini or H100i please? I suspect the H80i will also have this issue.

CL Cooling Nodes, H100s and H80s work fine, but not of my CL Minis or H100i. When I write the new mode and then read it back bits 4 -> 6 are always zero. This means that temperature feedback to the CL Mini is rather limited.

Below Cooler-L works as I would hope, but the CLCC-E and H100i fans cannot use manual temperature feedback control at all. Further for the CL Mini I can't use temperature sensors 2, 3 and 4.

Yeah, it kinda makes the temp sensors useless if you can't do anything with them, and makes the whole CLCC useless without the software as there is no automatic fan control option that works without the software feedback

Old 01-16-2015, 12:06 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 754099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeroge View Post
Yeah, it kinda makes the temp sensors useless if you can't do anything with them, and makes the whole CLCC useless without the software as there is no automatic fan control option that works without the software feedback
Yes there is, but only Temperature sensor 4.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:22 PM
ApexAU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 754111
ApexAU Reputation: 13

Same problem here. Just spent an hour draining my loop and installing a liquid temp sensor I bought specifically to setup fan curves in Link. Wish I saw this earlier. I'm done with Link at this point. I've been holding off on buying an Aquero controller but I can't see Corsair fixing Link anytime soon...

Old 01-16-2015, 12:38 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 754116
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

I can at least say this is a documented bug in CL.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:44 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 754118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
Please will you tell us the URL that documents all the features/bugs in CL? I assume it will have a breakdown by version. Ideally this should be a sticky post and the current obsolete ones deleted.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 754792

That information is unfortunately in our internal bug tracker and is not available to end users.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:26 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 755345
Thumbs down Recorded but not documented!

Quote:
That information is unfortunately in our internal bug tracker and is not available to end users.
If we can't access the information then it's not documented! Recorded but not documented.

Please can you tell me exactly what bugs are logged against the CL Mini 1.1.06 firmware and which have been fixed?

I am still waiting for a Beta release of the CL Firmware to test. Given I have not received this I feel a fully tested CL V3 being released before the end of January 2015 is wishful thinking.

Last edited by red-ray; 06-10-2016 at 07:30 PM. Reason: typo

Old 01-28-2015, 01:46 AM

POST ID # = 756620
CircuitWizardry Reputation: 21

Quote:
Quote:
Do you get why we are pissed off about this? You reply in a manner that we should realize that something is a documented bug. When challenged, you admit we can't know if things are documented or not, as we can't see the bug list.

We are told we need to send bug reports in a specific format, but then we get releases of software, that fail to say if bugs are fixed, and are told we just need to try the newest piece of Alpha/Beta BS that is slung at us.

If you really want to help, with a little customer service, fight to get some things done correctly. A nice start would be a way for people to see a list of issues, and then for releases to say which issues have been addressed.

As I've said before, you are just the newest deck hand to change the arrangement of chairs on the Titanic! If you wish to be known as anything else, help to provide some information to the community.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:12 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 755390

Dude, you're not going to get beta releases. They're tested and validated internally.

We have an internal tracker that we use to document bugs.

I know you want to help us with development and the help is appreciated, but the situation is more complex than you think it is. There are potential legal issues involved with having an outsider do dev work on this.