Corsair Community

RM750X V2 cables very hard to bend, flex them.

BenchAndGames

I dont know if you guys have this problem but I got the Corsair RM750X V2 (2018 version) and the cables are very hard, very difficult to bend.

They are very solid on that part where you can see on the picture right between red lines, are totally inflexible.

I had very lucky that my case its big enough and it has a second hole further away from the motherboard, otherwise I don't think I would be able to flex that power cable.

Picture: https://i.imgur.com/Sg8Qw0m.jpg

As you can see on the picture where the "X" hole Im not able to put there the cable cuz will not flex.

Guys do you have this same problem or ? Is there some tips to flex those cables ?

I dont know if you guys have this problem but I got the Corsair RM750X V2 (2018 version) and the cables are very hard, very difficult to bend.

They are very solid on that part where you can see on the picture right between red lines, are totally inflexible.

I had very lucky that my case its big enough and it has a second hole further away from the motherboard, otherwise I don't think I would be able to flex that power cable.

Picture: https://i.imgur.com/Sg8Qw0m.jpg

As you can see on the picture where the "X" hole Im not able to put there the cable cuz will not flex.

Guys do you have this same problem or ? Is there some tips to flex those cables ?

I have the same PSU and cables. Yes those parts of the cable don't flex well if at all. Under that part of the cable was supposed to be some capacitors filtering for ripple suppression if I remember correctly. I had never seen that before until I had gotten my RM750x but I guess it's a thing now with higher end PSU's.

Perhaps you can use replacement or extension cables from cablemod instead to improve the look.

Edited by A Computer Guy

The type 4 cables are stiff but cable management experience handles it

Yes sure, but the thing is I will like to put the power 24 pins cable on the first hole right on the mobo, where X placed, but I cant due the hard cable it is, so I had to place the cable trow the other hole.

But hey its not a big deal

• Corsair Employee
Yes sure, but the thing is I will like to put the power 24 pins cable on the first hole right on the mobo, where X placed, but I cant due the hard cable it is, so I had to place the cable trow the other hole.

But hey its not a big deal

Those capacitors are horrible. I really wish they didn't put them in the cables. The benefit is almost zero.

You could just buy after market cables. Or see if Corsair can sell you the cable set for the RM (non-X) which doesn't have the capacitors.

Those capacitors are horrible. I really wish they didn't put them in the cables. The benefit is almost zero.

You could just buy after market cables. Or see if Corsair can sell you the cable set for the RM (non-X) which doesn't have the capacitors.

I've always wondered why they put them in the cables and not built into the PSU?