Corsair Community

Dark Core SE Sleep mode problems

SoxmisUK

Wish I had never invested a considerable small fortune in this mouse.

Cable unplugged, the mouse falls asleep after approx 2 minutes and there is a pregnant pause before it wakes of about 2-3 seconds every time, it is so very, very annoying when you expect it to be just alive when you touch it.

Sometimes moving it is not enough it needs a click from a button to wake it, sometimes i have to plug the cable in, sometimes I have to use the little reset hole under the mouse to get it to function at all because a re-boot does not work either, on re-boot it's still as dead as a paperweight, sometimes, more than then three or four times a day, I have to go through all or some of the above to get the useless thing to work again.

I'm using the full suite of Corsair stuff here including the fancy mouse charging pad with USB slot right next to the mouse. I feel cheated, I have a fully updated version of iCUE, and the check boxes properly selected to disable sleep mode and power saving mode. Sometimes after plugging in the device and leaving it for a whole day I return home to find it has not charged at all.

I've read many similar problems about this mouse and must say I never expected to be a test user for a product that has turned out to be very poor in performance for me. I'm willing to listen to any probable fixes if anyone can help because I'm fresh out of ideas and patience.

Thanks.

Just had this issue, mouse sleeping after only a couple of minutes. Fixed by setting sleep to 20 and then saving it to my desired onboard hardware profile. (I don't use soft profiles since I use BT often) I think some settings were internally changed on last firmware update., and they need to be reapplied.

Just had this issue, mouse sleeping after only a couple of minutes. Fixed by setting sleep to 20 and then saving it to my desired onboard hardware profile. (I don't use soft profiles since I use BT often) I think some settings were internally changed on last firmware update., and they need to be reapplied.

Hi Adophis3 this seems to have solved a lot of my problems! Cheers! Looks like the pairing must have been lost after all thanks to iCUE's poor updating process.

Cheers Mate!

Hi Adophis3 this seems to have solved a lot of my problems! Cheers! Looks like the pairing must have been lost after all thanks to iCUE's poor updating process.

Cheers Mate!

Great! Profile conflicts like this happen after a few updates. Now you know what to do next time.

Thank you so much! I accidentally clicked on the forum link and saw this by chance which described what my problem. It's a coincidence that I happen to stumble upon this recent thread. Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Update, this does not fix the problem.

Problem occurs every time you plug the cable in to charge the mouse, it somehow resets the sleep timer when you unplug the cable.

The mouse goes to sleep after like 3 mins.

Update, this does not fix the problem.

Problem occurs every time you plug the cable in to charge the mouse, it somehow resets the sleep timer when you unplug the cable.

The mouse goes to sleep after like 3 mins.

Cuz when you unplug it's changing profiles. Make sure your onboard profiles are updated and saved.