Corsair Community

iCUE Nexus

Gadfly

I am having some issues and have some questions about the iCUE Nexus. I hope this is the correct forum, as it appears to be an issue with the iCUE software, not the hardware.

In the iCUE software there are many sysinfo devices that are missing, for example Memory dimms, SSD's, etc, and thus I am unable to make widget to display the temp sensors on those devices on the Nexus. I am also having issues where even when a device is present in iCUE it is missing sensors almost all of the sensors for that device. For example, My CPU (3950X) is displayed as a sysinfo device in iCUE, but it doesn't show all but two of the sensors. The only temperature sensor displayed is the "package temperature" (which is 100 worthless as a CPU temp monitoring sensor); and the real temps sensors for CCD0 and CCD1 are not visible in iCUE at all. Further none of the SVIN voltage sensors are visible. The issue is present on all devices, for example, I am making use of the flow and water temp sensors on the motherboard, and none of those sensors are exposed in the software either.

Much less important, but still annoying, I am unable to change the color of the graphs on the widgets. For example, all temps are locked to brown, all loads to green, and all voltages to purple, and there is no option in the software to change the color.

These issues makes using the Nexus as a "real time system monitor" impossible, as you can't view, add, or monitor any system components.

There is nothing in the manual on how to add the missing devices or how un-hide the missing sensors from sysinfo in the iCUE software. So, how do I do it?

Edited by Gadfly

The Nexus is a new piece of hardware for Corsair. It'll take several firmware updates for them to add features. You're right though, it's really weird for them to be missing so much stuff. I don't even see a widget for GPU load either. It would be nice if they'd create a section on their website for users to upload presets they made plus allow users to create widgets. This is definitely a neat little piece of hardware, and it has a lot of potential, but I'm not entirely feeling like this was $100 well spent at the moment. It feels very barebones right now.

After few minutes of setting up screen computer went stupid and upon restart BIOS settings were reset - happens sometimes with OC'ed CPU.

Problem is that keyboard (K70 RGB MK.2 LP) does not respond before booting to OS with Nexus connected.

Also iCue takes an awful lot of CPU now. Not like mine is some powerhouse but 10-14% is more than some games need.

Edited by Xee

My biggest concern is that my cpu temps go up 10 degrees as soon as I plug it in. Anybody else experiencing this issue? As soon as I unplug it the temperature drops. Ryzen 7

I would imagine this is due to the increased CPU usage that has been reported. I can't comment on Ryzen 7 (I'm on an old Core i7-3770), but even watercooled its temp jumps up once the usage gets higher than nominal. I wonder if its the same with newer ships. That is, once you are at 10-14% load, does it stop throttling the CPU down.

On another note - I just became aware of this today and was interested (even with the small screen and other issues), but ultimately it will be a hard no until the iCue monitoring software gets better.

Like others, the inability to get CPU frequency (again useful to see if your core speed has ramped up), and GPU frequency (same issue), as well as other sensors, seems to significantly limit this as, say, a replacement for the need for rainmeter which is what I was hoping it could be.

• Corsair Employee

Thanks for the feedback guys. You're right that the iCUE NEXUS is a very new/different product category for us and we're watching feedback closely.

CPU usage is likely tied to having to push updates to the screen over USB. I'd suggest using a simple screen setup with static backgrounds or a very light animation if you want to do so. Monitoring widgets can also play a part in CPU usage as each sensor needs to be polled by iCUE, the widget is updated in iCUE then finally pushed to the screen for you to see.

If you need any additional information or support, I've just posted a resource thread here and of course, technical support questions should be directed to https://support.corsair.com for our support team to assist you.

Got mine today, CPU is a bit higher than I would like, but I think that's an iCUE Problem, its why I don't use iCUE for monitoring on the dashboard page.

Also the brightness needs to be adjustable its painful to look at for more than a few seconds t ome as the brightness is just off or it could be to the type of screen? Look like a cheap TN pannel?

It is taking up 1.4- 1.7% of my 3900X. which is a bit high. I will seocnd the need for more monitors like GPU usage, GPU clock, CPU Clocks, also weird it doesn't take the names I have for the fans and sensors from my Commander Pro, it just lists them as defaults, but that's easily fixed for my H115i Plat, but not so much for my commander pro.

It does what I bought it for though, quick look stats and some quick access buttons.

Got mine for a few days now and i really like it, CPU usage didn't increase that much its more or less the same for me

iCue.exe around 5-6% like before

Corsair Service 1-2%

But i have a few corsair devices already, and CPU is a I9-9900K

Would like to see also GPU usage, Clock speed for CPU and GPU, FPS, maybe spotify integration? game inegration that automatically pops a new screen when you run a compatible game?. and even implement a GPU OC utility with OSD in iCue instead of using afterburner or other brands.

I'd say there is a lot of potential for the iCue Nexus

Edited by Ed3n18

• Corsair Employee

Also the brightness needs to be adjustable its painful to look at for more than a few seconds t ome as the brightness is just off or it could be to the type of screen? Look like a cheap TN pannel?

Screen brightness for iCUE NEXUS can be adjusted in the "Settings" panel.

attachment.php?attachmentid=38750&stc=1&d=1596215030

...also weird it doesn't take the names I have for the fans and sensors from my Commander Pro, it just lists them as defaults, but that's easily fixed for my H115i Plat, but not so much for my commander pro.

For others who may have similar questions about sensor naming and don't know how to rename sensors available as iCUE NEXUS widgets, you can rename widgets by double clicking the name in the "Widgets" panel. You are correct that this may require some time to get just right for devices like Commander PRO. Personally, I've found that temporarily applying a MAX fan rpm to each fan one at a time helps to identify which sensor is which on the iCUE NEXUS side if you didn't follow a specific plug-in order for your fans. For temperature sensors connected to Commander PRO, you could try pinching the sensor between two fingers to see if that produces a higher than ambient reading to make it easy to identify.

attachment.php?attachmentid=38751&stc=1&d=1596215300

icuenexus_brightness.thumb.PNG.3ec2e4d9f4bfa1dd386edf5bc466cf76.PNG

icuenexus_widgetrename.thumb.PNG.3bee4501fa8d44c5dd8d4e2267ce638a.PNG

• 1 month later...