Corsair Community

What fan for pull config on a H115i

29er

So I have a Cosmos II case and there's not enough room to mount the fans onto the radiator in a push configuration. The radiator has to be mounted on the inside of the case and the fans on the outside of the case...therefor pulling air through the radiator and out of the case.

What 140mm PWM Corsair fan would you recommend for this pull application?

What fan would work better at pulling air through a radiator, SP or AF?

I'd like something on the quite side too if possible.

Thanks for your help!

Definitely SP fans, that's what they are designed for. In my experience the standard fans are pretty good, I bought 2 Noctua fans to replace the standard 140mm fans on my H110i GT, but I haven't fitted them yet as the stock ones are working well and are reasonably quiet.

OK, looks like Corsair doesn't make any 140mm SP PWM fans. Unless someone has any other suggestions I guess I'm stuck using the stock fans (A1425S12S-2) that came with the H115i.

This is correct. The only 140mm PWM fan from Corsair is the one that came with the cooler. One day, generations from now, there might be a ringed SP140 in classic Corsair style available. Until then, you have to get it from somewhere else.

What's interesting is that the stock fans that come with the H115i look more like AF fans than SP fans. What's really interesting is that the manual suggests installing the fans as an intake into the case. The picture in the manual shows them in a pull config pulling air through the radiator into the case.

We all know SP fans are better at pushing air through something. The question is, what's better at pulling air through something if there' no resistance on the exhaust side of the fan?

Push or pull, the resistance is the same. What does change is the proximity of the fan blade to the fins and that does have a very small consequence in flow and more noticeable effect as noise.

Please disregard the intake suggestion. It is meant to be a cover your bases type of statement, but for 99% of the people you want to dump your waste heat out of the case. The exhaust heat will always be warmer than the outside air and so any gains are short lived -- literally.

Archived