Corsair Community

x10 QL 120 rgb control

IOX

As title said i'm new to this and this is my first time to build pc i have Lian Li o11 case and i'm going to install x10 QL 120 fans

3 on top

3 on front

3 on bottom

1 in the back

my question is how can i control rgb for all of them at the same time and make them do rainbow etc ..

I don't care about fans speed i only want to control rgb and sync lights in all x10 fans so i don't need to get commander pro right ?

And if i want to control fans speed i should get copro ?

You only need the Commander if you want fan speed control from within iCUE. Make sure you get at least 2 "multi-packs" of the QL120(x3). That will give you the 2 Lighting Node Core devices you need to run the lighting. The same advice in the other thread about breaking the fans up into 6 + 4, 5 + 5, or whatever you want applies.

You only need the Commander if you want fan speed control from within iCUE. Make sure you get at least 2 "multi-packs" of the QL120(x3). That will give you the 2 Lighting Node Core devices you need to run the lighting. The same advice in the other thread about breaking the fans up into 6 + 4, 5 + 5, or whatever you want applies.

Do i need Lighting Node pro to connect 2 lighting node core in it and plug it into mobo and sync rgb ?

And do i need splitter to power all fans ?

Forgive me i'm new to this and thanks for your help

Edited by IOX

No, the Lighting Node Core connects directly to USB.

As for powering the fans themselves ... it depends on how many headers you have available. You will likely need splitters and/or a PWM hub.

Okay i understand now thanks

1 last question if i get copro and plug Lighting Node Core in channel 1&2 do i have to plug the 2 of them into psu or the copro will power the Lighting Node Core

Okay i understand now thanks

1 last question if i get copro and plug Lighting Node Core in channel 1&2 do i have to plug the 2 of them into psu or the copro will power the Lighting Node Core

this may help you understand how the Lighting Node cores (LNC) connect... although it says usb to motherboard.. its fine in a Commander Pro.. and yes as stated. you need sata power for the LNC

http://i.imgur.com/Xx60jRAl.png

Still didn’t understand the way it works , my goal is to sync rgb on all 10 fans in order is it possible?

Do i have to buy Commander Pro to do it ?

Edited by IOX

You only need the Commander for fan speed control. The multi-packs will have the Core lighting controller for the QL.

It is not really possible to sync one controller to another controller and another for sequential effects. If you tell Controller 1 to run a blue wave, it will run from fan 1 to fan 6 on that controller and then repeat. It will not jump to the next controller. This is the discussion about "6+4" or how to organize the fans on a per controller basis. CUE does have some global effects called "Lighting Link effects" that are applied to all Corsair devices. Only 2 of them are moving - color wave and visor. In theory, it will start at the keyboard then go to mouse, RAM, fans, etc. along a predetermined order. However, it doesn't always work as intended when you have two of the same device, in this case 2 Lighting Node Cores. Sometimes Core A will load first, sometimes Core B.

The only way I know to work around that is to offload some of the QL fans to a different lighting controller. The program puts the Core ahead of a Commander and you then move 4 QL to a RGB Lighting Hub and Ch1 on the Commander. However, this is a very niche circumstance and only works for those two specific effects. If you want to make you own lighting pattern that dynamically moves all the way around, you have to program it across all the lighting controllers and devices. That's not an easy task.

Edited by c-attack

You only need the Commander for fan speed control. The multi-packs will have the Core lighting controller for the QL.

It is not really possible to sync one controller to another controller and another for sequential effects. If you tell Controller 1 to run a blue wave, it will run from fan 1 to fan 6 on that controller and then repeat. It will not jump to the next controller. This is the discussion about "6+4" or how to organize the fans on a per controller basis. CUE does have some global effects called "Lighting Link effects" that are applied to all Corsair devices. Only 2 of them are moving - color wave and visor. In theory, it will start at the keyboard then go to mouse, RAM, fans, etc. along a predetermined order. However, it doesn't always work as intended when you have two of the same device, in this case 2 Lighting Node Cores. Sometimes Core A will load first, sometimes Core B.

The only way I know to work around that is to offload some of the QL fans to a different lighting controller. The program puts the Core ahead of a Commander and you then move 4 QL to a RGB Lighting Hub and Ch1 on the Commander. However, this is a very niche circumstance and only works for those two specific effects. If you want to make you own lighting pattern that dynamically moves all the way around, you have to program it across all the lighting controllers and devices. That's not an easy task.

This one did it for 9 fans i'm trying to find out how

Skip to 8:02

[ame]

[/ame]

That person is running a QL specific lighting pattern called Rotary Stack. It is not a sequential pattern and each fan on the controller will do the same thing synced to each other. These types of stationary effects that do not travel between fans are very easy to set up and CUE will automatically put them on the same clock cycle. Tell controller 1 to do Rotary stack with colors A/B. Tell controller 2 to do Rotary Stack with colors A/B. Done. Most of the CUE preset lighting effects work this way.

What was discussed above is how to sync a lighting pattern that moves from fan 1 to fan 10, across multiple devices and controllers. This is a more difficult task. If you want a blue wave to start at fan #1 and travel through all the fans, in order, to fan #10, you have to manually program it or use the global lighting link settings for color wave or visor, in addition to carefully planning the physical order.