Corsair Community

Having issues saving hardware profiles to Scimitar Elite and K95

Grok

I bought this keyboard, and mouse with in the last week. I will say so far I love the feel of the mouse. Not as comfortable as my Naga 2012, but its good. I have been spending today trying to fine tune these two pieces of equipment. I was able to create a software profile. Then went to set up a hardware profile. The problem is even though I have set up a hardware actions, dpi, and lighting I still can not save it to the mouse. I did the same thing for the keyboard. No deal there either. After creating the actions I then am going to onboard profiles, and clicking save or overwrite etc... It does nothing. Any help someone could send my way on documentation on this would be great. I watched the videos, but they are so outdated that that did not work either. Can someone give me a walk through of what I am doing wrong.

Thank you

After creating the actions I then am going to onboard profiles, and clicking save or overwrite etc... It does nothing.

That should work and not going to the Onboard Profiles tab to actively make the save is where most people misstep. If the mouse is doing it as well, it seems more likely to be a general software issue rather than identical firmware glitches on two separate devices.

Go to Windows Settings -> Apps ->Corsair iCUE. Left click and select Modify. This will start the repair install. It will not remove your settings. See if this changes things. You were taking the right steps.

If it does not, you might have to soft reset the mouse/KB. The instructions are below, but I am still having a hard time with both devices simultaneously having the same individual errors.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025348571-How-to-Reset-your-computer-mouse

• Corsair Employee
I bought this keyboard, and mouse with in the last week. I will say so far I love the feel of the mouse. Not as comfortable as my Naga 2012, but its good. I have been spending today trying to fine tune these two pieces of equipment. I was able to create a software profile. Then went to set up a hardware profile. The problem is even though I have set up a hardware actions, dpi, and lighting I still can not save it to the mouse. I did the same thing for the keyboard. No deal there either. After creating the actions I then am going to onboard profiles, and clicking save or overwrite etc... It does nothing. Any help someone could send my way on documentation on this would be great. I watched the videos, but they are so outdated that that did not work either. Can someone give me a walk through of what I am doing wrong.

Thank you

Here is a How-To Video for iCUE versions 3.27+

[ame]

[/ame]

• 1 month later...

i'm trying to do this. my goal - i have a macbook for work and a pc for personal. i have the keyboard hooked to a kvm switch.

when i switch to the macbook, the profile just freezes. if i unplug the keyboard and plug it back in, it will go to the default rainbow but it won't switch to the onboard profile.

any ideas? is it even possible?

i can't install iCUE on my work macbook - it's not approved software

***UPDATE***

i found out this works as long as i shut down iCUE first THEN switch the KVM to the macbook. not ideal, but probably not a huge user base to warrant the functionality. the iCUE shutdown must activate the hardware functions somehow

Edited by fredd0
updated info