Corsair Community

Just ordered a Corsair ONE Pro i200...what's in the box?

RFinMD

Hi all,

Extremely new to the Corsair brand — I took the plunge on a new ONE Pro i200. My wallet said ouch, but I'm getting something extraordinary in exchange.

(After being jerked around by another brand in the ordering process, I cancelled my order with them (they just added another month of waiting to the one month I already spent waiting).

I looked for an unboxing video on YT and it was scarce to find one—I'm assuming that that's because the i200 is a new model.

Edit: Nevermind this part [Real basic question: what's in the box? Is a mouse and keyboard included? I guess it's plug-and-play and away you go.] I found the Instruction Manual that answers this and other questions.

I read somewhere I think that it's a really clean desktop when you open Windows 10 Pro and there's not a bunch of bloatware. I like that actually. I'll just install my apps, e.g. MS 365, McAfee, Hotspot Shield VPN, Adobe Creative Cloud apps, etc.

Any tips or general info, expectations regarding shipment timelines since I just ordered it a couple of hours ago, and whatnot, would be really appreciated. I'm not a newbie to computers, just with Corsair.

This thing is super powerful (looking at the specs and components). Looking forward to receiving!

Edited by RFinMD
typos, etc.

• Corsair Employee
Hi all,

Extremely new to the Corsair brand — I took the plunge on a new ONE Pro i200. My wallet said ouch, but I'm getting something extraordinary in exchange.

(After being jerked around by another brand in the ordering process, I cancelled my order with them (they just added another month of waiting to the one month I already spent waiting).

I looked for an unboxing video on YT and it was scarce to find one—I'm assuming that that's because the i200 is a new model.

Edit: Nevermind this part [Real basic question: what's in the box? Is a mouse and keyboard included? I guess it's plug-and-play and away you go.] I found the Instruction Manual that answers this and other questions.

I read somewhere I think that it's a really clean desktop when you open Windows 10 Pro and there's not a bunch of bloatware. I like that actually. I'll just install my apps, e.g. MS 365, McAfee, Hotspot Shield VPN, Adobe Creative Cloud apps, etc.

Any tips or general info, expectations regarding shipment timelines since I just ordered it a couple of hours ago, and whatnot, would be really appreciated. I'm not a newbie to computers, just with Corsair.

This thing is super powerful (looking at the specs and components). Looking forward to receiving!

Glad to hear you found what you're looking for! Everything is pretty standard honestly. Once you boot up the PC it should be pretty much like a regular desktop.

Be sure to familiarize yourself with iCUE as it'll allow you to monitor most of your PC. If you run into problems you can run the Corsair Diagnostic Tools to see if there's an issue anywhere. If you have additional trouble you can always reach out to our support team.

Glad to hear you found what you're looking for! Everything is pretty standard honestly. Once you boot up the PC it should be pretty much like a regular desktop.

Be sure to familiarize yourself with iCUE as it'll allow you to monitor most of your PC. If you run into problems you can run the Corsair Diagnostic Tools to see if there's an issue anywhere. If you have additional trouble you can always reach out to our support team.

Thanks! I just set up my new i200 today and everything is great. Love it so far. :biggrin:

Understand.

I received mine in 2 business days—ordered on 6/18/2020 (Thursday) and received it on 6/22/2020 (Monday). And it shipped all the way from Taiwan to the U.S. east coast where I live. But I think what helped me was just TIMING and a bit of pure luck.

I had created an account on Corsair.com and placed an i200 in the shopping cart. I called Corsair customer service to ask a few questions before I proceeded and the representative told me I might not be able to order due to high demand and very low stock levels (that the site might not even allow me to order).

I told him I have one in the shopping cart and he was very surprised and said I apparently was able to grab one and reserve it (one key thing being that I had created an account on their site). He said to try continuing with payment method and checking out—it obviously worked.

A thing to remember is that this is happening all over the consumer market for computers worldwide because of COVID-19 pandemic-related parts shortages. As I mentioned in my OP, I spent a month waiting for my delivery date (with Dell on their XPS 8930 Special Edition) only to watch them add another month with no assurance that even that was a certainty (which is why I turned to Corsair instead and ordered the i200).

Edited by RFinMD

• 2 weeks later...
not to start an Intel vs AMD war, did you consider a100 with 3900x/3950x instead? If so what made you decide to go for i200? I am tossing up between the two as well but am leaning towards a100 thinking it would run relatively cooler and hence quite... am I wrong? thoughts?

• 5 weeks later...