Corsair Community

Custom Fan profiles

Azureblood2

We need custom fan profiles in iCUE for the Corsair One. This is available for other Corsair devices, and with the introduction of Ryzen to the Corsair One family it is even more important.

Ryzen boosts dynamically based on temperature an power. Roughly every 10c

in temp reduces the boost clocks by 75-100mhz. Running Cinebench with the 'Default' profile results in temps of 80c, but fan is only at 75%. At this temperature, the processor will only boost to 4.2 Ghz under a single core load. With this cooling configuration, I would expect that to be closer 4.4Ghz if the fan was at 100%.

I know I can set the fan profile to a fixed value of 100%, or the 'Extreme' profile (which is also 100% fixed speed). This is an option, but it means the system is louder when it doesn't need to be. I shouldn't have to manually switch profiles, I don't like leaving iCUE running in the background, because it is a horrible waste of resources. Having iCUE running at all hurts system performance, and the only benefit is lighting. I should be able to create a profile, and have it written to the device just (like the default profile), and shutdown iCUE.

Corsair support told me that this is because of 'Warranty' purposes, but I call BS on this. I can go into iCUE right now and set a fixed 0% fan speed, and it will override my settings by setting a fixed fan speed of 55-65%. So if I can set the fan to run 100% of the time, and I can't set it to 0%... why can't I have something in between that allows the processor to run within the published specifications of up to 4.6Ghz?

iCUE can reduce performance of the overall system by 5-10%, if not more when it comes to Ryzen. Ryzen interprets iCUE's monitoring as a an all core load, which also limits the max boost clocks it can obtain. The 'monitoring' is almost completely useless considering that none of the graphs have scales, and those scales are constantly adjusting.

I paid good money for my a100, and I wasn't expecting it to be crippled this bad by iCUE. I can literally say a crippled, as until version 3.31.81 the default profile was locking my fan speed at 0%. Something that I couldn't do even if I wanted to. Corsair support for this issue was to reset my CMOS by pushing a non-existent button on the back of my machine. They still have not 'resolved' my issue, I found out about the 'bug' when I updated iCUE and it stopped happening.

I wanted this machine for its SFF, and I wasn't expecting it to be supported well... but this is far worse than I thought would be. The machine is crippled by software, support doesn't know how to support them, and i've in these forums that they do not sell replacement parts.