Corsair Community

Dark Core RGB non SE Firmware fail

MrFuriousX

So this mouse has been out a while and I see plenty of issues, but doesn't seem like the issues got addressed. Am I missing something somewhere?

Mouse works fine for the most part Support video shows an outdated version of the program layout is different and as such its not very helpful other then a slight reference.

So my attempt instructions are simple. Uplug the USB cord, switch to 2.4ghz make sure dongle is in place plug the cable back in and it should viola work.

Well the update goes something like this.....1%.....25%....40%.....25%..(BACKWARDS?) 40% 50%... and stops right there. Waits for an eternity Mouse disappears from ICUE and nothing.

So The wireless adapter seems to be required for this process and nearest I can figure at some point it disconnects from the receiver but does not reconnect.

Without the receiver being paired it won't read battery status and the Mouse looks like its not charging.

Not sure what I can try next, open to suggestion ..but as this appears to be a major issue I don't understand why its seems like its gotten no attention.

You still need to have the mouse plugged into the pc in addition of having the dongle plugged in as the firmware doesn't update the mouse via the wireless connection as it needs a wired connection for it to succeed as I have the same mouse as you and I didn't have any issue updating its firmware using the mentioned steps. Make sure you have the ICUE software fully updated as well. Edited by Metal_Masher

You still need to have the mouse plugged into the pc in addition of having the dongle plugged in as the firmware doesn't update the mouse via the wireless connection as it needs a wired connection for it to succeed as I have the same mouse as you and I didn't have any issue updating its firmware using the mentioned steps. Make sure you have the ICUE software fully updated as well.

Yep It was and the dongle also needs to be connected. ICUE latest version.

The process was working till it reached 50% as I said my guess at that point the dongle lost connection.

Does yours show up as 2 different Mice in ICUE? I have one for the Wired and one for the Wireless.

1) dont use any hubs

2) mouse must be wired and dongle attached

3) if having an update issue, try a USB 2.0 port

I believe i was informed I must use a 3.0 port or the mouse wouldn't charge. Unfortunately Im blessed with all 3.0 ports...

I believe i was informed I must use a 3.0 port or the mouse wouldn't charge. Unfortunately Im blessed with all 3.0 ports...

Nonsense. The mouse can recharge and function on USB 2.0. As for having all 3.0 ports, do you have access to an older laptop with 2.0 ports?

Nonsense. The mouse can recharge and function on USB 2.0. As for having all 3.0 ports, do you have access to an older laptop with 2.0 ports?

Not nonsense....3.0 and 2.0 have different power capabilities.

I do and I may take the mouse to a different PC to try it out. but Im still suspecting the problem is with the wireless device not the charging of the mouse. when not connected to the dongle the machine doesn't report the battery charging.

USB 2.0 can output 5V @ .5A, USB3 5V@1.0A, both of which are capable of recharging your Dark Core. I know this because I own one. The Dark Core was designed to operate on USB2.0 and USB3.0.

When wired up to power, the side LED lights will indicate it's charging for a couple of seconds. You can use a PC port, or a USB charger and use the mouse wireless.

Edited by Apophis3

• 3 weeks later...
USB 2.0 can output 5V @ .5A, USB3 5V@1.0A, both of which are capable of recharging your Dark Core. I know this because I own one. The Dark Core was designed to operate on USB2.0 and USB3.0.

When wired up to power, the side LED lights will indicate it's charging for a couple of seconds. You can use a PC port, or a USB charger and use the mouse wireless.

Im 99% sure the issue with the dongle. Still not working

• 1 month later...

Ok,

I've been reading, watching videos, trying different usb ports and I can't update this dark core mouse. ICUE see's the wireless receiver and usb cable but keeps telling me to plug them in and the little update thing keeps turning at the bottom like its trying to update.

Did anyone find a way to simply update the damn mouse??

And because of this, It will not sink with the usb receiver.

Edited by DevilS9