Corsair Community

RMAing an obsolete - am I being unreasonable in my expectations?

I'm working an RMA for my AX860i. I was notified this morning that it is no longer in production and was offered an AX850. While the wattage and build are similar, this model lacks iCue which I really enjoy for PSU voltage monitoring for OC support.

I looked at other iCue-enabled PSUs and I see that my two closest options are an RM- or HX- series 850 watt unit. Both of these feature lower build qualities and are more inefficient. I requested that support see what the closest ax_i model is that is still in production. I think this will be either an AX1200i or AX1500i, which are admittedly a lot more wattage than my unit.

So while I wait for a response, it looks like my options will be to either forfeit iCue compatibility, forfeit titanium efficiency, or forfeit build quality and power cleanliness. That is, unless Corsair is willing to give me a small upgrade.

What should I prepare for? Is it unreasonable to push for an AX_i model, since that's what I currently own?

Hi buddy...

I dont think you are expecting to much from wanting 'like for like features' if you are within the warranty period. i too would miss the iCUE monitoring and indeed would be why i bought that model in the first place.. suspect HXi would be the only option though

if however you are outside the warranty period and they are honouring it anyways.. take what you are offered lol.....

Edited by Zotty

Hi buddy...

I dont think you are expecting to much from wanting 'like for like features' if you are within the warranty period. i too would miss the iCUE monitoring and indeed would be why i bought that model in the first place.. suspect HXi would be the only option though

if however you are outside the warranty period and they are honouring it anyways.. take what you are offered lol.....

The AXis have a 10 year warranty period, which is amazing. I'm just now approaching year 5.

Update that they still aren't budging. Offered up an HX100i, but the Corsair product page even compares the two and suggests that the HX is definitely inferior. Especially with the lack of digital power management. Looking into small claims court in case Corsair stonewalls.

Update that they still aren't budging. Offered up an HX100i, but the Corsair product page even compares the two and suggests that the HX is definitely inferior. Especially with the lack of digital power management. Looking into small claims court in case Corsair stonewalls.

Isn't the AX850 based on Seasonic's superior Prime Titanium platform? In that case I think it's better than both the AX860i and the HX 1000i electrically and has Titanium class power efficiency. I do like the digital management though and can understand your frustration in this regard. However, if it were me I would take the AX850 as it's an upgrade for the reasons I stated.