Corsair Community

New AIO cooler - CPU FAN 1 showing high RPM.

Ssanti

Hi,

So I've just installed a new AIO; H100i PRO XT and swapped out the fans for LL 120mm fans.

I've noticed that the RPM for the CPU fan in all the monitoring softwares are very high but either the fans are very quiet or it is showing the wrong speed.

Is this something that I should be worried about? As otherwise my system runs fine.

Capture.PNG.7c8b88abff8eadc16f7fa7951b438c0e.PNG

Capture2.PNG.00c283b1534c418e6e2e2db33b7639cb.PNG

Capture3.PNG.fbc0693c94770556f2e753d209b304b2.PNG

On the Platinum and XT coolers, the pump reports a raw speed to the motherboard header (CPU fan). Divide by 2 in order to turn it back into the expected value. You can see the real pump speed in CUE at all times, but the CPU fan header can't tell the difference between a pump and a fan.

The dashboard is displaying the motherboard data as the motherboard sees it, as mentioned above. You can add the H100i XT to the dashboard if you want it there. You can also drag the CPU fan reading out of it's box to create a separate space for it, then click the trash can to delete it. That will remove the doubled value from your viewing space.

On the Platinum and XT coolers, the pump reports a raw speed to the motherboard header (CPU fan). Divide by 2 in order to turn it back into the expected value. You can see the real pump speed in CUE at all times, but the CPU fan header can't tell the difference between a pump and a fan.

The dashboard is displaying the motherboard data as the motherboard sees it, as mentioned above. You can add the H100i XT to the dashboard if you want it there. You can also drag the CPU fan reading out of it's box to create a separate space for it, then click the trash can to delete it. That will remove the doubled value from your viewing space.

Right, so I've added the pump to the dashboard and it shows both fans and the pump. But I'm still wondering about the fan that's showing about 3900RPM that's on the motherboard. This should be where I put the AIO in, but I don't think its reporting the correct speed.

Capture.thumb.PNG.cb3320896a0e068aec194339f2693467.PNG

Capture2.PNG.7b9aa5a524c368ce07fdbaddfde046b5.PNG

It is.

Almost every watercooling pump displays twice the real speed because the rotation is detected by a magnetic sensor on the pump body.

The impeller has two magnets embedded, because having just one would have it completely out of balance.

So there are two pulses per rotation. The motherboard displays the raw pulse output from the pump.

iCue knows your cooler has a water pump and i divides the raw impulses by 2 to display the actual impeller speed.

It is.

Almost every watercooling pump displays twice the real speed because the rotation is detected by a magnetic sensor on the pump body.

The impeller has two magnets embedded, because having just one would have it completely out of balance.

So there are two pulses per rotation. The motherboard displays the raw pulse output from the pump.

iCue knows your cooler has a water pump and i divides the raw impulses by 2 to display the actual impeller speed.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, what the motherboard shows is correct but just 2x because of the sensors?

Correct. A revolution on a fan is not the same as revolution on most pumps. The MB is counting raw turns and is showing double the value. The CUE software is programmed to show to the correct value and divides by two for you. If you change the pump speed to Balanced (~2350-2400 rpm), you should also see the CPU fan number jump to 4700-4800.

Hey I've got the same problem. But my pump speed reads anywhere from 4,900-10,000rpm. Never lower.

What's the current draw and RPM rated for on these pump motors. Guesstimate ? I can't see the pump doing 4000 RPM...

Should've but the hall effect sensors mounted externally as a vehicle crank position sensor would have it. Maybe the magnetic field is causing issues with certain boards by emitting interference . I'm having issues intermittently with other sensors dropping out too then correction themselves.

I.e. Mobo -1 Centigrade, or CpU warning temp 20°F but then suddenly back to 80 F. Driving me nuts.

I was able to deal with the warnings and still find myself with the weird *** surging Pump speed , mostly around 10k RPM. And the CPU fans to display and thankfully work through Corsairs icue under manual setting. All the rest tend to be unpredictable .

No other settings should have president from UEFI, AI tuner, or any other hardware controlling program as I've nuetered them all.

Hey I've got the same problem. But my pump speed reads anywhere from 4,900-10,000rpm.

I'm having issues intermittently with other sensors dropping out too then correction themselves. I.e. Mobo -1 Centigrade, or CpU warning temp 20°F but then suddenly back to 80 F. Driving me nuts.

Those are all the classic signs of polling conflicts from another program. The pump can't do those speeds and the temps are impossible. Some programs like the installer version of HWiNFO leave the driver active when the program is not running. Either way, you are looking for something trying to access those devices.