Corsair Community

LL120 Fan lights not working

Tiranathon

Hi all,

I brought about a year ago some LL120 Fans, and to begin with everything lit up fine and all was well until suddenly the fans stopped lighting up unexpectedly.

I emailed corsair support who said it must be the lighting controller and said if I sent it back they would send me another one out. sadly I got so busy I didn't have time to strip down my rig in time to retrieve the controller in order to claim on the warranty as the warranty expired before I could do so.

Anyway, I decided I needed to do some maintenance as its been about a year and a half since I last replaced them, so I brought another LL120 set, to replace the very dirty fans, knowing it would have a fresh lighting controller in.

I've installed it all, and wired it all up, and nothing :( No lights, no nothing.

I at the same time have installed a brand new m.2 drive with a totally fresh install of win 10 enterprise 64 Bit. (in case it was something odd in the op sys I had before)

I've installed iCUE software, and like before, it doesn't even see the lighting controller. It does see my Memory, and my PSU.

I've swapped out ports, on the internal USB connections, and my PSU is still found no matter which one I place it on, but my lighting controller is never found.

Please help ... if able.

Edited by Tiranathon
correcting title

So in desperation, I've now brought an LL140 with a brand new Lighting Node Pro and brand new fan hub, plugged it all in, and nothing.

I've read on another post that it may be something to do with my Asus Board, and I've disabled fast boot on Bios and Windows 10. I've also ensure XHCI handoff is enabled.

Still nothing. NO lights on any fans, (I have 6 in my case) currently only 2 connected for testing purposes.

Icue doesn't see the lighting node pro. I'm at a total loss, surely I cant be that unlucky to have 3 faulty ones???

Anyone have any ideas?

Did you try swapping the USB ports? How about running a standard mini USB cable to the rear IO?

If iCUE doesn't "see" it, it won't control it. It's likely that Windows doesn't "see" the device either. You can verify this with USBDeView - get USBDeView from https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html.

And I think that 3 faulty ones is super-unlikely. It's more likley an installation issue.

Hi DevBiker, thanks so much for coming back to me, I've been doing a lot of reading on the forums, and I think I'm experiencing the same issues as other have suffered with some of the slightly older Asus Motherboards, I have the Rampage V Extreme Edition 10.

I've brought myself a standard USB Mini cable today and will try and put it to the ports at the back, including the bios flashback one, see if that activates it.

Is it best to leave the SATA power unplugged till i see it?

I did download USBDeView, but the only corsair device it saw had a different number, I thought it was probalbly the power supply.

I have corsair PSU / RAM / CPU H115i PRO Cooler / LL120 and now LL140 fans

I've recently put in the NZXT Internal USB Hub to aid as only 2 int USB 2.0 headers, however i've used both headers on their own, and every port on the NZXT to no avail.

Did you try swapping the USB ports? How about running a standard mini USB cable to the rear IO?

If iCUE doesn't "see" it, it won't control it. It's likely that Windows doesn't "see" the device either. You can verify this with USBDeView - get USBDeView from https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html.

And I think that 3 faulty ones is super-unlikely. It's more likley an installation issue.

OK so update. I got it kinda working, thanks so much for your input.

IF i unplug the sata power to the LNP, unplug the USB, and plug the USB back in on its own first (either on the external port or even on my NXNT internal USB Hub, Windows immediately picks it up, icue can then see it, I plug back in the SATA and everything works!

I can power the system down, and back on and everything still works...

However, if I switch off the power supply at any point, I'm back to square one and the LNP stops working, which means I have to go through the whole rigmarole of unplugging sata power, unplugging USB, switch system on, replug USB once windows has booted, and then re-plug sata power ... and then annoyingly re setup iQue as I assume it thinks its a whole new device.

Incidentally once i knew how to make it work, i test all 3 of my LNP's and low and behold they ALL work!

Now just to figure out, how and why it work start up on its own from cold power on. and more importantly how to fix it. I have updated my bios to the latest one from ROG Website, but thats made no difference.