Corsair Community

Disability prevents me from "key mashing".

Amfortas

Hello,

First of all, I must say that my K95 keyboard and software has allowed me better access to my PC and yes, games. The ability to not only reassign keys, as well as the mouse functions, makes my Corsair equipment extremely valuable to me. Years ago many with disabilities would have to pay sometimes a few thousand dollars to have equipment created to meet our needs.

As my title loosely indicates, due to my disability I can't "mash keys" as some games require. This makes playing any game that requires repeatedly pressing a key or two quickly impossible.

I have tried numerous macro setups, key rebinds, etc., and I still can't figure out how to get my keyboard to either repeat two keys numerous times each time I hit a G key or continuously "enter" two keys as long as I hold down a G key for example.

Sadly, I have a number of games that I've never been able to play due to this problem. Some of those games are nearly 10 years old. While I know that Steam, in particular, would refund a purchase in such cases. I personally save refound requests for software that is seriously flawed and not simply due to accessibility issues.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If the iCUE software is unable to be set up the way I need it, suggestions for other software solutions are welcome. I'd prefer to get iCUE working the way I need instead of adding a 3rd party solution. I know that there are a fair share of 3rd party options that end up creating more problems then they fix (i.e. spyware, etc.).

If this isn't something that the iCUE software is capable of doing now, I hope that the developers would consider adding such a feature. If it does already exist, perhaps it could be made easier to configure.

Thanks in advance for your time and understanding.

Hi,

you can record key macros and set them to repeat a number of times. I have attached an image that shows my G1 key is set to double tap Q and repeat 20 times.

is that what you're trying to achieve, or something like that?

chrome_2019-04-15_15-40-16.thumb.png.dbde0e316cdd6cfcc901c212c685eed7.png

whatever icue cannot do, I promise you will find Autohotkey will fill in any gaps and I assure you it is spyware free, you can review whatever code you chose to run.

If you need help writing it, I also assure you that the people on the autohotkey discord are 'scholars and good folks' glad to help a person especially to accommodate a disability.

Hi,

you can record key macros and set them to repeat a number of times. I have attached an image that shows my G1 key is set to double tap Q and repeat 20 times.

is that what you're trying to achieve, or something like that?

That did the trick. Thanks. :)

To add on to this, you can add an additional option in Advanced settings to have the macro repeat constantly and while pressed.

Thanks for the tip. Repeating keys as long as holding a G key down works perfectly for my needs.

whatever icue cannot do, I promise you will find Autohotkey will fill in any gaps and I assure you it is spyware free, you can review whatever code you chose to run.

If you need help writing it, I also assure you that the people on the autohotkey discord are 'scholars and good folks' glad to help a person especially to accommodate a disability.

I'll definitely check out Autohotkey. While I usually shy away from 3rd party solutions, this one sounds like it would work well for features iCUE has yet to add.