Corsair Community

Corsair one PSU recall ?

akassi

Hi guys,

just heard the news about SF Series recall :

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=197081

I have a corsair I140 fits the time range, do I have to disassemble the whole unit just to check the sticker? How about the warranty which tells you not to tear it apart?

what's your thought? must be lots of corsair ones that fit the production range.

thanks

Hi guys,

just heard the news about SF Series recall :

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=197081

I have a corsair I140 fits the time range, do I have to disassemble the whole unit just to check the sticker? How about the warranty which tells you not to tear it apart?

what's your thought? must be lots of corsair ones that fit the production range.

thanks

I called Corsair support and was told that I could disassemble to check the power supply serial number, but that if the PSU was part of the recall I would have to return the whole thing vs. just RMAing the PSU. I have decided to now worry about it right now. I use my PC to run my small business and can't be without it for a week or two. Nor do I have the time to spend countless hours on the phone trying to convince Corsair that it would be much better to offer just the PSU RMA and let users self replace.

I called Corsair support and was told that I could disassemble to check the power supply serial number, but that if the PSU was part of the recall I would have to return the whole thing vs. just RMAing the PSU. I have decided to now worry about it right now. I use my PC to run my small business and can't be without it for a week or two. Nor do I have the time to spend countless hours on the phone trying to convince Corsair that it would be much better to offer just the PSU RMA and let users self replace.

Thanks for your inputs. I had problems with partition and asked for an Os installation USB(as provided with Razer company) was told to ship back the whole unit as well. more so, for this kind of RMA, you don't know the replacement is refurbished or new. I don't think it is worth the risk as well.

What if people take apart the whole thing, and PSU was not part of the recall. does that mean people void their warranty for nothing?:bigeyes:

• Corsair Employee

Hi Guys-

Based on our recent SF series PSU announcement, I see some of you are concerned about the SF Series power supplies equipped in the CORSAIR ONE you have purchased. Fortunately, only a small number of affected SF750 power supplies were ever used in CORSAIR One PCs.

If you have purchased a CORSAIR ONE over the last few months and feel that it may have an affected PSU, please reach out to our Technical Support team with the Serial Number for your PC. Our support agents will be able to walk you through the process to determine if your system is affected. You can contact support either by submitting a ticket through the link or call in to our 24 support line through one of the numbers below:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000437631

USA Toll free: +1 844-348-8999

[also free via Skype]

International Toll free: 00800-700-22700

Mon - Sun 24 HOURS

Hi Guys-

Based on our recent SF series PSU announcement, I see some of you are concerned about the SF Series power supplies equipped in the CORSAIR ONE you have purchased. Fortunately, only a small number of affected SF750 power supplies were ever used in CORSAIR One PCs.

If you have purchased a CORSAIR ONE over the last few months and feel that it may have an affected PSU, please reach out to our Technical Support team with the Serial Number for your PC. Our support agents will be able to walk you through the process to determine if your system is affected. You can contact support either by submitting a ticket through the link or call in to our 24 support line through one of the numbers below:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000437631

USA Toll free: +1 844-348-8999

[also free via Skype]

International Toll free: 00800-700-22700

Mon - Sun 24 HOURS

According to the support person I spoke with on the phone it is all SF series within the lot number range listed in the forum post, not just the SF 750. The SF 750 listed in the post is for illustrating where the lot number can be found.

The bigger issue for me is I can’t go without my pc for the time period it would take to send the whole system back, repair and retur. Why can’t I just RMA the psu, with a hold on my credit card until I send the old PSU back and replace myself?

• Corsair Employee
Not sure if the agent discussed this with you but we do also have an advanced replacement option available as well. We would ship a replacement system ahead, and then you would send the original unit back. Credit card charge would be applied until we receive the original unit back.

Not sure if the agent discussed this with you but we do also have an advanced replacement option available as well. We would ship a replacement system ahead, and then you would send the original unit back. Credit card charge would be applied until we receive the original unit back.

Thanks for stepping in for this matter

So, is it just SF750, or the whole sf series were affected on Corsair one?

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for stepping in for this matter

So, is it just SF750, or the whole sf series were affected on Corsair one?

No worries, we're here to help make sure all of you are properly informed and reach out to our support teams if needed.

All SF Series with lot codes 194448xx to 201148xx, manufactured between October 2019 and March 2020, are affected. If you purchased a CORSAIR ONE during this time period, or are experiencing any adverse behavior from the PSU, please reach out to our support team through one of the methods in my previous post.