Corsair Community

M65 RGB Elite not registering all left clicks

ANteroz

Hey!

I have a M65 RGB Elite. It was working fine until few days ago. I didn't do anything, but i remember updating iCue to 3.26.95 if i remember the number right. I see many others have this same problem that I have: Suddenly the mouse has been acting werid, it doesn't recognize all left mouse btn clicks. Tried to find solution but didn't find any. I've tried to uninstall iCue, get it's older versions, tried to unplug and plug back in the mouse, tried switchin usb ports, but no results. I have been thinking, is there some sort of onboard storage on the mouse, that would make it remember something that came with the new iCue update and ruined the LMB click? This is really frustrating. Does anyone know when they will fix this issue or will they even fix it? Please, I need to get this fixed.

If anyone has a fix for this or even ideas, please share with me. I'm really desperate with this after few older versions of iCUe and other tries of fixing.

------------------------

2nd update:

So, yesterday evening, the problem vanished. I don't remember doing anything other than restarting iCue service and updating firmware in iCUe settings. However the problem has returned and the fixes I listed won't work anymore. Also quitting iCue from task manager and stopping corsair services did not work. Even the problem resists, I still strongly believe it's not hardware issue, because it registers about half of the clicks, and the problem got away for few hours. I also noticed that if I click pressing hard on the more inner/ back side of the button, the click works. But that is not the case either, since if I click normally on the front side of the button lightly, I can still hear a normal click and before that worked perfectly. This is really frustrating and strange.

I have the same mouse, and I run into issues with the forward and back buttons which will randomly stop working, typically a restart fixes it, but that hasnt been working as of late either. I strongly believe its a software issue as well, because like your issue mine comes and goes randomly(at least at this point seems random, might not after a good trouble shooting, or forum reading) but thus far I havent found an answer other than just a software issue. And if thats the case, im hoping Corsair will get it fixed, because I do like corsair products. Physically they are good, durable, well built products, but i have been rather dissappointed with the icue software the past 6 months or so. Let me know if you figure anything out more than i have. I also have reinstalled, restarted service, all of the above. Good luck to ya man

Thanks for the reply. It's quite scary to hear that other buttons could start doing this as well, and I do not want that. I have noticed that there is always a clicking sound no matter how hard I press the LMB, but it does not register. However if I continue that same press a bit harder, the click registers. Before the click registered always when I could hear a click, no matter how hard I pressed. It's just weird because my mouse should not be worn out, it's only 3 months old and I've been treating like a baby, so there should not be any sort o physical damage, and definitely no time wear. If a 60€ mouse has time wear within 3 months of use, I'm going to change mouse brand. I certainly wouldn't want to, like you said corsairs products are well built, but I've seen many people have this type of problems after few months, so if this is the case I will change brand. If corsair fixes this/helps me fix it, I'll stay. As much as i love this mouse in other ways, I just wouldn't want to change.

Good luck to you too! If you find anything, keep me updated. Thanks!

Could I delete and reinstall those drivers? I have been thinking about that but haven't done because I'm not sure if everything goes alright. Could I use another mouse to delete this current ones HID drivers and then unplug and plug back in the mouse? Also I performed a repair install for iCue but it had no effect. Edited by ANteroz

I do have the same problem and it is pretty disapointing.

For every task i want to do, i have to repeat the left click 3 or 4 times in order to have an action. I can hear the clic everytime but it does nothing 75% of the time, and the randomness of the problem makes me also think that is a software/driver problem.

My driver is at 3.24, everything is up to date.

I did have this problem several times for the past, then for no reason it worked again for months, and now since 3-4 days ago, it is getting worse and worse.

I heard a lot of good things about Corsair, so I decided to purchase the RGB Elite but I'm afraid this experience will be the last i have with Corsair

I won't mind if one of the gadgets doesn't work (the lights, the profiles and all side stuffs)...but the left clic not working...this I cannot accept.

Edited by NickyKlaxon

I do have the same problem and it is pretty disapointing.

For every task i want to do, i have to repeat the left click 3 or 4 times in order to have an action. I can hear the clic everytime but it does nothing 75% of the time, and the randomness of the problem makes me also think that is a software/driver problem.

My driver is at 3.24, everything is up to date.

I did have this problem several times for the past, then for no reason it worked again for months, and now since 3-4 days ago, it is getting worse and worse.

I heard a lot of good things about Corsair, so I decided to purchase the RGB Elite but I'm afraid this experience will be the last i have with Corsair

I won't mind if one of the gadgets doesn't work (the lights, the profiles and all side stuffs)...but the left clic not working...this I cannot accept.

It's good to hear that somebody else has the same problem... well not exactly good but you know what I mean. I hope there will be a fix and I will inform you if I find anything helpful.

Made account to ledge the same issue. My M65 elite RGB left click only registers like 80% of the time. Bought it in early january from Best Buy, which the warranty of is now expired (Best Buy's warranty). I made a ticket RE: an issue I was having with the Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard, and it has been a week and no response. Ideally I would really like to RMA both of these at the same time to cut down on shipping. I believe my k95 had a problem from the factory-- it had this sort of thin oily film on it, like it was a refurbished product, and about 2 weeks ago the blue LEDs stopped working, so the rainbow pattern simply shows a dark spot where it should be blue.

Normally I would have probably left this alone, but now that the M65 mouse is having this strange issue all of a sudden, I am pretty irritated. At least it seems Corsair is good about replacements, but I would rather the product work in the first place. I review tech and gadgets for a small regional media LLC and good customer service would be Corsair's saving grace of my current piece (I really hate having to write bad reviews! Seriously!), despite the seemingly inherent flaw in this mouse that I otherwise love so much-- seriously, 3 months?? And I see there are a half-dozen threads about the same exact issue. The mouse has a great feel in the hand and is very responsive, and I love the RGB lighting, I look forward to to getting this sorted out. The ticket I filed is # 2001066391. If anyone at Corsair could get a hold of me @ my personal e-mail listed on this forum account that would be great.

I've done all the fixes except sanding down the thumb rest (suggested by another user), out of fear of voiding the warranty. Calibration, clearing and updating firmware, updating iCue, using compressed air under the left click plastic, soft and hard reset, everything. I'm seeing stories on Amazon and the Corsair subreddit of people getting this mouse replaced every few months, and two users said they were on their fifth and sixth mice, respectively. That is a little ridiculous. At least you guys have a good RMA policy, but I think everyone would prefer that they just don't have these issues in the first place...

Again, my ticket was #2001066391, I would love to get this fixed. I would reply again through the helpdesk, but there doesn't seem to be a way to view my ticket? Every time I click log in it just refreshes the page and there's no box for me to enter my ticket information.

Thank you.

Made account to ledge the same issue. My M65 elite RGB left click only registers like 80% of the time. Bought it in early january from Best Buy, which the warranty of is now expired (Best Buy's warranty). I made a ticket RE: an issue I was having with the Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard, and it has been a week and no response. Ideally I would really like to RMA both of these at the same time to cut down on shipping. I believe my k95 had a problem from the factory-- it had this sort of thin oily film on it, like it was a refurbished product, and about 2 weeks ago the blue LEDs stopped working, so the rainbow pattern simply shows a dark spot where it should be blue.

Normally I would have probably left this alone, but now that the M65 mouse is having this strange issue all of a sudden, I am pretty irritated. At least it seems Corsair is good about replacements, but I would rather the product work in the first place. I review tech and gadgets for a small regional media LLC and good customer service would be Corsair's saving grace of my current piece (I really hate having to write bad reviews! Seriously!), despite the seemingly inherent flaw in this mouse that I otherwise love so much-- seriously, 3 months?? And I see there are a half-dozen threads about the same exact issue. The mouse has a great feel in the hand and is very responsive, and I love the RGB lighting, I look forward to to getting this sorted out. The ticket I filed is # 2001066391. If anyone at Corsair could get a hold of me @ my personal e-mail listed on this forum account that would be great.

I've done all the fixes except sanding down the thumb rest (suggested by another user), out of fear of voiding the warranty. Calibration, clearing and updating firmware, updating iCue, using compressed air under the left click plastic, soft and hard reset, everything. I'm seeing stories on Amazon and the Corsair subreddit of people getting this mouse replaced every few months, and two users said they were on their fifth and sixth mice, respectively. That is a little ridiculous. At least you guys have a good RMA policy, but I think everyone would prefer that they just don't have these issues in the first place...

Again, my ticket was #2001066391, I would love to get this fixed. I would reply again through the helpdesk, but there doesn't seem to be a way to view my ticket? Every time I click log in it just refreshes the page and there's no box for me to enter my ticket information.

Thank you.

Exactly, the mouse should be in prime condition in the first place, especially with 60-70€ mouse. And I'm concerned about replacing the mouse, since this is common problem with many people, and i wouldn't want to go through this all again at any point. The problem is that otherwise this mouse is a dream. Nice lighting, good feel in hand, responsive, but the responsiveness dripped off some bit when these issues started to come. It's scary to know that you have tried basically everything with no effects, so I'm starting to lose the faith in this mouse. I could replace it but if this continues with a new mouse, I'm definitely switching to different brand. Also what has sanding down the thumb rest to do anything with this?

I hope you get response from corsair or get your mouse somehow fixed. Anyway, keep me updated.

• Corsair Employee

@ANteroz - Just like Apophis3 suggested, it could be a software issue, but potentially related to updates from Windows not playing nicely with the iCUE drivers. We've seen this happen a couple times in the past, but not very often. Restart or clean installs of iCUE usually resolved the driver issue.

For those of you experiencing intermittent clicks registering, if you have already performed the following, go ahead and submit a ticket to our support page:

* Force Firmware Update through iCUE under settings

* Clean under the cover with compressed air

* Different PC/Laptop

https://support.corsair.com

If you have an existing ticket and haven't received a response, double check your SPAM box in case as it might have landed in there.

I am having the same issue being discussed here. It started ~2 days ago, since I have updated Windows 10, updated iCUE, updated mouse firmware, preformed a clean install of iCUE, forced the firmware update to the mouse again, and the problem still persists. I have had Corsair products for about 4 months and have had serious software issues with both my k95 RGB Platinum and now the mouse is so sporadic it is unusable. Corsair's hardware is beautiful and can compete with other retailers, unfortunately its software team seems to struggle to keep up. Microsoft updates are not an excuse for bricking expensive gear.

@ANteroz - Just like Apophis3 suggested, it could be a software issue, but potentially related to updates from Windows not playing nicely with the iCUE drivers. We've seen this happen a couple times in the past, but not very often. Restart or clean installs of iCUE usually resolved the driver issue.

For those of you experiencing intermittent clicks registering, if you have already performed the following, go ahead and submit a ticket to our support page:

* Force Firmware Update through iCUE under settings

* Clean under the cover with compressed air

* Different PC/Laptop

https://support.corsair.com

If you have an existing ticket and haven't received a response, double check your SPAM box in case as it might have landed in there.

Is clean install the same thing as repair install? If it is, the repair install did not help me any bit. Also I have uninstalled and reinstalled the whole iCue from windows control panel several times, with no results. And how about the compressed air, where do I need to spray that? Do I just spray it under the LMB? How would that fix anything? Currently I don't have a different pc/laptop in the house, and can't go anywhere to test with friends pc because of quarantine.

I am having the same issue being discussed here. It started ~2 days ago, since I have updated Windows 10, updated iCUE, updated mouse firmware, preformed a clean install of iCUE, forced the firmware update to the mouse again, and the problem still persists. I have had Corsair products for about 4 months and have had serious software issues with both my k95 RGB Platinum and now the mouse is so sporadic it is unusable. Corsair's hardware is beautiful and can compete with other retailers, unfortunately its software team seems to struggle to keep up. Microsoft updates are not an excuse for bricking expensive gear.

Agreed. Like I have written before, I just wouldn't want to change this mouse off because all the other ways it's so perfect. Also I'm starting to become a bit unfaithful that I could find a fix for this. I just really wouldn't want to change. I would get a replacement right away if I would know the replacement works just fine, but I've seen many people have their like 5th replacement and I just don't want to be changing mouses every 3 or 4 months.

So I'm here for update. Was playing casually games and I noticed that the LMB registers every time it makes a clicking sound. I haven't done anything, it just fixed itself again. Strange, but great. Just don't want for it to start doing it again. The evening this got away the first time, I was playing at minecraft. Now, I also were playing minecraft and the problem got away. And no, it's not just in the game, the mouse works now perfectly on anywhere I go. Also the LMB didn't get fixed right away, first even in the game it wasn't registering all clicks. Could the game have something to do with it? I don't believe that myself either but also I don't see that as impossibility. Don't believe it has nothing to do with or it could lead us to a permanent fix but I thought it was worth pointing out.

I'll just update to the same post, whatever, so the problem got back. Surprise! And in case you are wondering, no, I didn't just get used to pressing the LMB harder, I performed a mouse registration test and I pressed the button as lightly as I could, and it registered every time when there was a click. Now I'm just wondering, can any sort of hardware problem make a problem like this? Going away, coming back, going away, coming back?

Edited by ANteroz

So I'm here for update. Was playing casually games and I noticed that the LMB registers every time it makes a clicking sound. I haven't done anything, it just fixed itself again. Strange, but great. Just don't want for it to start doing it again. The evening this got away the first time, I was playing at minecraft. Now, I also were playing minecraft and the problem got away. And no, it's not just in the game, the mouse works now perfectly on anywhere I go. Also the LMB didn't get fixed right away, first even in the game it wasn't registering all clicks. Could the game have something to do with it? I don't believe that myself either but also I don't see that as impossibility. Don't believe it has nothing to do with or it could lead us to a permanent fix but I thought it was worth pointing out.

I'll just update to the same post, whatever, so the problem got back. Surprise! And in case you are wondering, no, I didn't just get used to pressing the LMB harder, I performed a mouse registration test and I pressed the button as lightly as I could, and it registered every time when there was a click. Now I'm just wondering, can any sort of hardware problem make a problem like this? Going away, coming back, going away, coming back?

Mine has not improved, I will look for updates I may have missed. The mouse is definitely NOT registering all clicks. I had issue even opening browser windows to check this post. Hoping for a REAL comment back from Corsair representative that offers more than a basic reset, which is what I was instructed to perform in the response to my support ticket. I responded immediate to the post stating that I had already performed this action several times with no improvements and still have not heard back in several days.

Corsair should be embarrassed by the way their staff responds to customer questions with cheap excuses blaming Microsoft updates and responding to support tickets with information about troubling shooting that can be found in the user manual. I'm pretty sure iCUE only runs on Windows so its not like they have other operating systems that they are more heavily focused on. Clearly the trouble is with their software since there are so many M65 elite users experiencing this issue all at once, yet customer support acts as if it is an individual mouse issue.

I work a lot on the computer, especially now. Does Corsair realize in this age I can replace their product with one from a brand that actually functions properly in 2 days time during a quarantine? People will not stand for long waiting times on fixes to software bugs.

Mine has not improved, I will look for updates I may have missed. The mouse is definitely NOT registering all clicks. I had issue even opening browser windows to check this post. Hoping for a REAL comment back from Corsair representative that offers more than a basic reset, which is what I was instructed to perform in the response to my support ticket. I responded immediate to the post stating that I had already performed this action several times with no improvements and still have not heard back in several days.

Corsair should be embarrassed by the way their staff responds to customer questions with cheap excuses blaming Microsoft updates and responding to support tickets with information about troubling shooting that can be found in the user manual. I'm pretty sure iCUE only runs on Windows so its not like they have other operating systems that they are more heavily focused on. Clearly the trouble is with their software since there are so many M65 elite users experiencing this issue all at once, yet customer support acts as if it is an individual mouse issue.

I work a lot on the computer, especially now. Does Corsair realize in this age I can replace their product with one from a brand that actually functions properly in 2 days time during a quarantine? People will not stand for long waiting times on fixes to software bugs.

agreed. I hope you get answers from corsair. If you find anything, update here.

• Corsair Employee

For reference, have you submitted a ticket yet for either of your devices? If so, can you PM your ticket number so I can reach out to our Technical Support team. What types of issues are you having with your K95 Platinum? Also, can you attach your system info since it's not entered in your profile?

Is clean install the same thing as repair install? If it is, the repair install did not help me any bit. Also I have uninstalled and reinstalled the whole iCue from windows control panel several times, with no results. And how about the compressed air, where do I need to spray that? Do I just spray it under the LMB? How would that fix anything? Currently I don't have a different pc/laptop in the house, and can't go anywhere to test with friends pc because of quarantine.

We have a tutorial you can follow for a clean install of iCUE. The process goes further than a repair of the software. Make sure to backup any profiles you created before you start, otherwise you will lose them in the process.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

You mentioned 4 replacements, can you PM me your latest ticket number? I want to cross-reference some information with Technical Support.

Again here for an update. Again, I was playing, the problem got away, BUT, I got something else too. Now, no matter how lightly I press the LMB, it registers, sometimes normally, but half of the time it registers as a really fast double click. This is even worse. For an example I can click on a folder on my desktop and it opens without me actually pressing the LMB twice. Can you guys do something real fast because it's pretty clear it's a software problem. Edited by ANteroz

It's been about 3 weeks and still no response on my ticket. I sent an update via e-mail because I still can't log in to corsair support (it just takes me back to the sign in page with no message), so i assume the tickets are done via e-mail. Would like for anyone to take a look at both my keyboard and mouse problems.

• Corsair Employee
Again here for an update. Again, I was playing, the problem got away, BUT, I got something else too. Now, no matter how lightly I press the LMB, it registers, sometimes normally, but half of the time it registers as a really fast double click. This is even worse. For an example I can click on a folder on my desktop and it opens without me actually pressing the LMB twice. Can you guys do something real fast because it's pretty clear it's a software problem.

Thank you for the update. Both our hardware and software teams are reviewing these issues, and working to find out what what might be causing this behavior. The process does take a bit of time as we have to perform regression testing to ensure there are no new issues caused from changes that are implemented. I've been providing your feedback to the teams to help in the process.

It's been about 3 weeks and still no response on my ticket. I sent an update via e-mail because I still can't log in to corsair support (it just takes me back to the sign in page with no message), so i assume the tickets are done via e-mail. Would like for anyone to take a look at both my keyboard and mouse problems.

Followed up with our Technical Support team regarding your ticket. Looks like a response was provided by one of the team members, but have not received a response from you. If you're having issues logging into your account, you can also contact them direct at:

USA Toll free: +1 844-348-8999

[also free via Skype]

International Toll free: 00800-700-22700

Same here. Stopped working on my M65 Pro after 5 months. Purchased an M65 Elite 4 months ago and now today, the same thing started happening.

Even worse is the fact that we are doing a lot of reviews for Corsair products on our hardware site and we absolutely love the company, but 2 mouses in a row in less than a year and not even on the same model is a serious issue.

Can we get any clarification on this Corsair?. Otherwise I will be forced to make an article on our magazine about this hardware failures.

• Corsair Employee
Same here. Stopped working on my M65 Pro after 5 months. Purchased an M65 Elite 4 months ago and now today, the same thing started happening.

Even worse is the fact that we are doing a lot of reviews for Corsair products on our hardware site and we absolutely love the company, but 2 mouses in a row in less than a year and not even on the same model is a serious issue.

Can we get any clarification on this Corsair?. Otherwise I will be forced to make an article on our magazine about this hardware failures.

Have you reached out to your Corsair PR rep yet regarding this issue? In your situation, it's preferred that you go through the proper channels since you have an existing primary contact.