Corsair Community

Is M65 Pro supposed to have movement when pressured near corsair logo?

Zoff

I'm trying to understand if that's issue with mice I have ordered or that's just the design of the mouse.

It seems like there's an air bubble near the butt of the mouse (at logo) and thus it has movement and slight creaking when you intentionally apply pressure there.

I had this issue with first M65 Pro I ordered (as well as having problems with buttons on it). I sent it back and got another. This one feels like it has less of an air bubble, but it's still there. This time it doesn't affect buttons and clicking though.

So... What's up with that? Is it just poor design of the mouse or really bad quality control on side of Corsair?

Did they fix their support system though?

AFAIK I still have an open ticket from a month ago in there. No longer have an issue with my old ticket, but it's still weird for a ticket to remain open without even an automated response for a month. Figured it's easier to get a response here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

though, to be frank, I'm tempted to just shop elsewhere after my experience

Not sure on the support system, but with the forum notice still present, it'd assume it is being worked on. Tickets are usually closed/void after 90 days.

Unfortunately, unless there is someone who has a M65 Pro on hand to verify your description, the best option would be to contact Corsair directly via the support portal.

I am not sure if you mean a literal air bubble or just that the plastic creaks a bit if you put focused pressure on the tail. If it's the later, I think it is normal and part of the design. The"tail" rests above the body, not directly attached at the back, so there is some play. There is a little bit less on my older M65 RGB than my Pro version, but both are slight. I have been using them for years and never noticed, although that is not a pressure point on my grip for this mouse. If for whatever reason this is a balance point for you, I guess you need to take that into consideration.

I am not sure if you mean a literal air bubble or just that the plastic creaks a bit if you put focused pressure on the tail. If it's the later, I think it is normal and part of the design. The"tail" rests above the body, not directly attached at the back, so there is some play. There is a little bit less on my older M65 RGB than my Pro version, but both are slight. I have been using them for years and never noticed, although that is not a pressure point on my grip for this mouse. If for whatever reason this is a balance point for you, I guess you need to take that into consideration.

I think what you describe is my issue.

My main concern was that the left and right mouse buttons are same body as the tail that has that movement... I thought it could affect the click performance either now or later. The mouse that I RMA'd had problems with buttons AND had stronger movement in tail. So there's that.

Glad to know that you haven't had problems with that. If that's normal and doesn't cause performance issue in the long run, I'm really glad. Thanks.

@Zoff - If you haven't received a response yet, go ahead and PM me your ticket number so I can check on the status.

I opened that ticket but then it was I realized it a mistake on my part, so I updated the ticket to indicate that there's no problem (to close it). So honestly there's no need to check it. It's just weird that it remained open.

The offer is highly appreciated however. Thanks.

I have to get even with the down DPI arrow on either mouse key before I can actuate the button. This general design has been around for quite a while with RGB and standard m65 before that. I don't recall any specific complaints on this aspect, but there may be a few. It seems like you had a defective unit on the first run and that either exacerbated or suggested a link between the two. I think you're good to go, unless you use some kind of palm heel, cobra fang grip on the poor little mouse.

Archived