Corsair Community

New firmware replaces grinding with a more irratible high pitch noise.

ersot

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the same problem,,high pitched noise with grinding

few months ago i purchased the older version. Was faulty pump so replaced it and again a faulty pump. Got tired of connecting it-faulty-disconnect-clean cpu-old cooler back on, rince and repeat with replacements.

So few months later got a whole new system and thought i would put my trust in corsair that they fixed the problem alot of people and myself had with older models.

Turned it on and was really loud, updated firmware and noise of fans went but now im left with high pitched noise and grinding.

Sorry but this is unacceptable, to bring out a newer model that is supposed to fix things like this. I spent most of the day trying to get this thing connected to my nzxt phantom and i just can not handle going through all this yet again

I've also got the same problem. I really really hope this gets fixed very soon! The high pitched noise is really annoying. I like to let my computer download stuff while I'm asleep, but now I simple can't sleep from the noise that the pump is making.

This is really frustrating! Please fix this as soon as possible.

I am also experiencing this issue after updating firmware. The grinding has been replaced with a high-pitched whine, which cuts in and out periodically. ASUS Thermal Radar reports my 12V rail at 12.192V, and it holds steady throughout, whether or not the high-pitched whine is audible.

Normally i can handle my loud fans but this thing makes such a high pitched noise i never felt so relaxed when i shut my pc down for the night.

Well i had gone to bed woke up next day turned PC on and the h100i failed to come on.

Did a few checks and seems the logo light comes on for a few seconds then flickers and goes out.

Corsair link shows nothing is on and my cpu jumps to 60c so i turn the pc off, the two stock fans are still running though.

This is just ridiculous how can it fail in just one day. I've unplugged it all and hopefully Ebuyer do a refund.

I really do want this cooler. After 3 corsair coolers i really don't know if i should get a replacement and hope for the best yet again or just give up with them forever. :(

Same story with me..

First this horrible high pitched noise after the firmware update, then after one day, the Corsair logo on the block lights up for a few seconds and then go out, Corsair link says its not connected. dead.

So, my H100i is now taken out, and i have a new one coming, im gonna give Corsair a change to fix this up, and i hope they take this seriously.

I decided to give corsair one more shot and went for a replacement instead of a different cooler or refund.

Was told by ebuyer that those who have had the h100i replaced due to same fault have had no problems with the replacement and it maybe down to a dodgy first batch.. Fingers crossed i guess.

Just to be clear I have sent Cool Guy a link to this thread and we are looking into this but we tested 30 units that had the old Firmware updated them and could not duplicate this issue.

But please verify the firmware and software version you have installed!

The latest FW is 1.04 and software 2.2.0.

Confirmed in CorsairLink that I'm running 2.2.0 of that software, and the firmware in the H101i is 1.0.4 (Channel: 1).

The rest of my system specs are in my profile.

There it is, cant believe Corsair cant re-produce this noise with 30 units tested, but i hope they solve can this.

If you just sit by the computer and its silent in the room, this noise is just unbearable to listen to.

My second unit is on its way now, i dont know if i want to flash to the newest firmware when i recieve it :/

I would really love to have an update on this issue. I dislike the need to use earphones to cancel out the noise (and even to that extent it still cuts through.) RAM GUY, COOL GUY--care to explain what's going on and when we can see a foreseeable solution to this issue?

Hi, just got h80i and the new firmware and i get this high pitch noise too, its coming from the fans, i removed the fans from the h80i then the noise is gone, then i tried connect them to the mobo and still no noise.. so it must be the h80i + fans = high pitch noise.

plz fix it soon :p wanna have my fans on quite but cant because of the high pitch noise so i got the fans at 1800 rpm to make it loader than the noise. xD

Archived