Corsair Community

CUE Feature Suggestions

I've been playing around with CUE2, and i must say that the design looks much better. However some of the problems that CUE1 had still remain:

1. Cannot set lightning bound to macro, as in Lighting on G1 key is ON while Macro is ON. There is a workaround that works for toggle macros, but it doesn't work for repeatable and Non-repeatable macros. There needs to be a function that enables (within macro options) that start Lightning on Macro start, and Ends on macro end.

2. Timers can start actions, but action can't start timer.

Even though there is an option it doesn't work.. Since we are not allowed to use delays above 9999 seconds, (~ 1.65 mins), we are supposed to use timers. So i tried the following: Make Timer 1 of 30 min (you can try 10 sec for testing), that is supposed to Start Macro 1 at the end of Timer 1. Then when Macro 1 is running, you start second action -> Timer 1, which should start Macro 1... so this is supposed to loop, but it doesn't work. Even if it would work, there is no Option to stop the timer and reset it, there is only option to restart timer See screenshot http://imgur.com/jbBRN9V for the Timer 1, and here http://imgur.com/uVPG4pg for the Macro 1.

3. There needs to be options added to start timer on press, and then stop and reset timer on second press. Right now we only can Restart timer on key press.

4. Now I'm maybe dreaming too much, but it would be nice to have a text based editor with command like /delay and /timer so that you can build more complex macros and lightning tool.

Like: WHILE Macro(Macro 1) = 1 DO Lightning(Lightning 1) = 1/TRUE/ON ELSE Lightning(Lightning 1) = 0/FALSE/OFF;

IF, OR, WHILE would be nice to have to do something like this, since there was no way i could get this macro done in CUE2:

When pressing G1 Macro 1 is run, G1 Lights up while Macro 1 is running. Every 30 minutes Macro 1 is repeated. While Timer to start next Macro 1 is on, G1 is lit. When i press G1 again, Macro is stopped and Timer is shut down and reset.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bind a Lighting Effect's state (whether it's active or not) to Caps / Num / Scroll Lock State, allowing for the Caps/Num/Scroll Lock keys to have an alternate lighting effect when their state is active.

I literally cannot believe this isn't a thing.

Bind a Lighting Effect's state (whether it's active or not) to Caps / Num / Scroll Lock State, allowing for the Caps/Num/Scroll Lock keys to have an alternate lighting effect when their state is active.

I literally cannot believe this isn't a thing.

This is bit similar thing to the modifier key request that has been around for years. Numerous people have been asking this in a form or another, but it has been overlooked.

In CUE2, from the Dev's imaginary perspective, I think the SOLID lighting effect could be improved to make this possible.

Please improve the SOLID lighting effect so that there's an extra key assignment, which acts as the "master" trigger for the effect. Below the [x] Play on pressed key, add an option [x] Only trigger on assigned key, and create a key selection/assignment dialog.

This would make it so that if you have keys CTRL, X, Y, Z in the SOLID effect, and check the [x] master trigger option, the other keys X Y and Z would not highlight the whole group, but only the master key would highlight everything in that effect.

Everything else but the small detail I described above, about the "master trigger key", is already implemented in CUE2.

For the Numlock/Capslock key issue, which was the original post (as I drifted to the modifier keys...) another option could just be added to Start and Stop option dialogs. Start: [on key press | numlock on | capslock on | etc... ], Stop option: [on key release | numlock off | capslock off] etc.

My suggestion is FAR from the most user friendly option, but I believe it would be the easiest and the simplest for the devs to implement, without changing much of the CUE2 Logic.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to add the ability to associate different profiles to different devices?

I have two keyboards connected to my computer. One has the standard QWERTY layout, and the other has the key caps moved around to create a more-or-less mirrored profile for gaming. With the way CUE 2.X currently works, I can't give the keyboards different key assignments. I have the ability to toggle between a default profile for typing, and the mirrored profile for gaming, but it affects both keyboards at the same time. I want to be able to have the QWERTY keyboard maintain the QWERTY layout at all times, while the mirrored layout keyboard should have the ability to switch between QWERTY and mirrored profiles.

Simple lighting request: please allow live (ie. real-time) updating of colour palette changes (eg. for Static layers), rather than having to Apply the changed colour before it takes effect. I spend a lot of time fine tuning colours, and having to apply each little change before you see it is really tiring and slows you down unnecessarily.

Stangely, Opacity changes are live, but colour palette changes aren't.

Edited by _gl

What? And why? :confused:

I'm left-handed, and definitely not interested in trying to train myself to use a mouse right-handed. I do I.T. work for a living, and have to deal with the computers of right-handed users all the time. In all the years of doing that, I haven't been able to make myself adapt to using a mouse-right handed, so at this point, I've just accepted that I'll never be ambidextrous. Many of the games I play are first-person shooters, and until very recently, I'd have to spend a lot of time in every single game customizing controls. It's especially problematic in games with complex control schemes where the tool tips don't update in accordance to modified controls.

It occurred to me that if I shifted around key caps and changed key assignments accordingly, I could come up with a gaming keyboard layout that would let me use the standard WASD controls common to FPS games. To that end, it works great. I don't have to customize controls in games anymore, and tutorials don't tell me to hit the "wrong" buttons anymore.

The drawback is that the layout does not work well for typing. It's not 100% mirrored, due to a combination of hardware and gaming-related reasons. For instance, I can't physically move the BACKSPACE key cap to the opposite end of the keyboard, and I left WASD intact instead of mirroring it to WDSA, so that A is still Left and D is still Right. Since I am able to touch-type, I have SCROLL LOCK mapped as a profile switching button. In normal mode, I can touch type without having to look at the mislabeled keys, and in gaming mode I can play games with their default key assignments. So far so good.

But, there are two rather frequent cases where dealing with a mirrored layout is problematic. One issue is that for typing annoying things where accuracy is critical (such as passwords and complex commands at the command prompt), I prefer the hunt-and-peck approach. This also applies to hot keys, as CTRL and ALT are very awkward to reach for me. Another issue is that some games can require a fair bit of typing for one reason or another. Perhaps the game requires typing out names for saved games. Or perhaps the game is multiplayer and requires a fair amount of text communication. After all, while I have a headset, not everybody does. And in games like MMOs, voice chat isn't practical for anything outside of a prearranged group.

To get around those problems, I have two keyboards. If I need to type while in-game or expect to type things I can't do by feel alone, I can simply reach over to the other keyboard and use the standard QWERTY layout. As I recall, I was able to make this work in CUE 1.X, but now in CUE 2.X, any layout changes apply to all supported keyboards globally. I realize my scenario is decidedly niche, but I could see it applying in other cases as well. For instance, a right-handed person might decide they want a keyboard with a Dvorak layout, but still want a standard QWERTY layout either for gaming purposes, for other people using the computer who aren't interested in learning Dvorak. Or maybe someone has interest in games with very complicated controls, and wants to map some controls onto a second keyboard to avoid having to use key combinations or drill down through multiple menus. Corsair already makes keyboards with extra macro keys specifically for that purpose, so the idea of people wanting more keys than a standard keyboard can provide isn't unheard of.

I really like Corsair's RGB keyboards, so I'd definitely prefer a solution that doesn't require me to either revert to older software that won't receive ongoing support, or to have to buy a competitor's keyboard to use as the secondary QWERTY keyboard.

I'm left-handed, and definitely not interested in trying to train myself to use a mouse right-handed. I do I.T. work for a living, and have to deal with the computers of right-handed users all the time. In all the years of doing that, I haven't been able to make myself adapt to using a mouse-right handed, so at this point, I've just accepted that I'll never be ambidextrous.
There is no problem with using the mouse left-handed. ;):

Many of the games I play are first-person shooters, and until very recently, I'd have to spend a lot of time in every single game customizing controls.
I would think it's easier to set the controls, especially you only need to do this once per game.

It's especially problematic in games with complex control schemes where the tool tips don't update in accordance to modified controls.
Sounds like a bad game. :roll:

I don't have to customize controls in games anymore,
Still thinking setting once would be easier. Or do you chance to new games everyday?

and tutorials don't tell me to hit the "wrong" buttons anymore.
Still sounds like very bad game designs.

The drawback is that the layout does not work well for typing.
Where is the problem with typing with a custom layout? You just need to learn it. :D:

Since I am able to touch-type, I have SCROLL LOCK mapped as a profile switching button. In normal mode, I can touch type without having to look at the mislabeled keys, and in gaming mode I can play games with their default key assignments. So far so good.

But, there are two rather frequent cases where dealing with a mirrored layout is problematic. One issue is that for typing annoying things where accuracy is critical (such as passwords and complex commands at the command prompt), I prefer the hunt-and-peck approach.

I always touch typing commands at terminals and passwords. I can't really see a problem there.

Another issue is that some games can require a fair bit of typing for one reason or another. Perhaps the game requires typing out names for saved games. Or perhaps the game is multiplayer and requires a fair amount of text communication.
I can see... switching everytime between two layouts just for chatting would be annoying.

To get around those problems, I have two keyboards. If I need to type while in-game or expect to type things I can't do by feel alone, I can simply reach over to the other keyboard and use the standard QWERTY layout.
Back to my first thought: I think it would be easier to setup the controls for a game once.

I realize my scenario is decidedly niche, but I could see it applying in other cases as well. For instance, a right-handed person might decide they want a keyboard with a Dvorak layout, but still want a standard QWERTY layout either for gaming purposes, for other people using the computer who aren't interested in learning Dvorak.
I'm also thinking its very niche. ATM you are the only person here using two keyboards with different layouts. If I were to learn Dvorak, I would touch typing. So QWERTY keycaps and switch layout mode for everyone else would be sufficient. For gaming purposes: I would just setup the controls once per game. ;):

Or maybe someone has interest in games with very complicated controls, and wants to map some controls onto a second keyboard to avoid having to use key combinations or drill down through multiple menus. Corsair already makes keyboards with extra macro keys specifically for that purpose, so the idea of people wanting more keys than a standard keyboard can provide isn't unheard of.
I don't know anyone who would use two keyboards at once. Just use the macro buttons. So still a niche IMHO.

So if you want to use two keyboards instead of setting the controls ingame, I have no solution for you. :(:

There is no problem with using the mouse left-handed. ;):

Not by itself, no. But since games on PC tend to expect the player's left hand to be on the keyboard, using a mouse-left handed does introduce a conflict.

I would think it's easier to set the controls, especially you only need to do this once per game.

I have 317 Steam games (so far). Contrast that with creating a Corsair keyboard profile once, that I can use for pretty much every game I'll ever bother to play on PC.

Sounds like a bad game. :roll:

There are lots of good games that make the occasional bad design decision. If I ruled out every game that made the mistake of baking control assignments into their tutorials, I'd miss out on a lot of gems. Yeah, I'd rather the tutorials updated the control references properly, but I think it's a bit too late to expect that to happen for games that have already released--especially games that were released several years ago.

Still thinking setting once would be easier. Or do you chance to new games everyday?

Like I said, I have a lot of games. And I think you're underestimating how much time it can take to remap controls, especially since many games have redundant or optional controls. It's not always clear which controls are critical to map and which ones aren't. And I don't get how you think setting the controls for dozens of games is easier than creating a profile once that will work for just about everything I might encounter in the foreseeable future?

Still sounds like very bad game designs.

It's an easy issue for developers to overlook when over 80% of the population can use the default controls and will never notice the design limitation in the tutorials. I'm thankful for the developers who consider it, but I can't assume the worst of the developers who don't, because one accessibility oversight doesn't mean the whole game is garbage.

Where is the problem with typing with a custom layout? You just need to learn it. :D:

For the same reason I never learned Dvorak and why I still use the left mouse button as the primary click--I service a LOT of computers used by right-handed people. Typing one way on one computer and typing a different way on every other one will probably just make my QWERTY typing skills worse. And surely you don't expect learning a one-off typing layout to be easier than pressing a single key that allows me to type the way I do on any other keyboard?

I always touch typing commands at terminals and passwords. I can't really see a problem there.

That's because you're not using my hands and my motor skills.

I can see... switching everytime between two layouts just for chatting would be annoying.

Back to my first thought: I think it would be easier to setup the controls for a game once.

I've been reassigning controls in games for decades now. If it really was easier, I wouldn't have bothered to rearrange key caps and create a customized key profile for gaming, much less decide that it's so handy for gaming that the keyboard is going to stay that way.

I'm also thinking its very niche. ATM you are the only person here using two keyboards with different layouts. If I were to learn Dvorak, I would touch typing. So QWERTY keycaps and switch layout mode for everyone else would be sufficient. For gaming purposes: I would just setup the controls once per game. ;):

And for gaming purposes, I decided to setup the controls once. Not once per game for dozens or hundreds of games. Just once. Ever.

I don't know anyone who would use two keyboards at once. Just use the macro buttons. So still a niche IMHO.

Yes, it's niche. I seem to remember being the one to mention that first. And congratulations, you've met your first person who would use two keyboards at once. ;)

So if you want to use two keyboards instead of setting the controls ingame, I have no solution for you. :(:

That's perfectly understandable, which is why I directed the question at Corsair instead. I'm just asking them to re-implement functionality that used to be there. The software is partway there already, as it recognizes both keyboards and lets me select them individually in the menu. It just doesn't let me apply profiles to them individually. And I've already proposed two workable alternative solutions already, so not getting the feature implemented in CUE 2.X isn't a show-stopper. I'd just rather give Corsair the opportunity to decide whether it's a feature worth adding before exploring those alternatives.

I can't really fault Corsair if they decide that my feature request isn't something they can justify implementing, but if they did, it would really make my day and ensure that I continue to look to their products first when I'm buying computer hardware. I'll admit right now that I'm still quite happy with their products and that they're not going to lose me as a customer over this. If they implement the feature, it's one more thing to add to the list of things I like about Corsair, while being a significant accessibility feature for me. And if they don't, it didn't hurt me to ask.

Edited by Klasodeth

just wondered why there hasn't been an update for CUE so long, and found the new, somhow independent version of CUE...

First thougts?

- In the lighting menu, when you hover the keys with your mouse, they light up yellow... Why isn't that also illuminated on the keyboard itself?

- The design got much better, but a bit more spacey.

- The functions are nearly the same, just redesigned - or at least I didn't recognized new ones yet.

Feature Suggestions:

- as said above - the mouse hovering illumination in CUE could be also on the keyboard itself

- CUE needs a "speeding down" function... Having a profile with MANY animations (probably imported from the RGB share) normally throws up an thunderstorm of colors having an option to make every single animation in a profile slower by X times (I usually increase 1 second to about 8 to 10 seconds to make a profile usable for me)

- List selections with Ctrl and Shift, as in Windows explorer: Selecting multiple animations using Ctrl+click or shift+click and then changing options for all of them at once

For example: Gradient 1-5 should start with a keypress, or should be sett to 15 seconds duration

- In the old version activating reactive lighting was possible even if there were advanced lighting effects configured - why isn't that in the new version?

- Animations while PC is locked - CUE runs in background if the PC is locked, so why isn't there the animations brought to the keyboard? I understand that CUE can't do animations while it isn't running

- Animations for the brightness and win-lock key - they seem to be wired the same way as normal keys and run seemingly through the same controller.

I'm currently having thoughts exactly about this... Either my Strafe RGB gets replaced with a modular keyboard where the MX switches can easily be switched or I'll purchase another keyboard with MX Blue to do typing and text work...

The MX silents seem to be great for gaming, but if I do long typing works I recognized the disadvantages of using the mx silents for that...

Edited by paradonym

Hi I bought the k95 purely for the Macro keys, and it's great! I'm going to get the scimitar for the same reason. I don't game, just develop software and GUI's.

Suggestions

- When recording with MR have an option to also record the mouse movement/clicks. Actual positioning is preferred, but an option for relative movement also would be good.

This would fix the problem that when you record a macro, you move the mouse to the stop record button to stop recording which also gets recorded. It would also save having to go to the cue software to record a macro that will only get repeated 5 times before it's finished with, hence making the creation of the macro potentially taking more time than it saves.

- Have a default playback rate option that goes up to 10x. At the moment I record a macro with the keyboard (no wasting time going to cue software, great!), playback the macro to test it, great! Then go to cue and cut out the long delays and add a short delay between each action. Having a default playback rate would mean that for occasionally used macros I could save time, as above!!!

- Set/Use Variables in the macro editor and the ability to save the mouse position to a variable

e.g. set variable mouseX = mouse x position

then later move mouse to mouseX

Thanks

Edited by CSchwarz

• 4 weeks later...

2 things I would like to see.

1. Treat the "FN" key like the rest of the keys.

I can remap it to other keys but I need to be able remap other keys to "FN". I keep expecting to see it in the "enhanced keys" section. It could also fit well with the modifier keys.

2. Let me set key combinations to trigger actions.

In the lighting tab I can select multiple keys by holding control and selecting the keys I want the effect applied to. Let me do that in the actions tab. Let me select more than one key and when I press all of the selected keys perform the action.

Edited by _Sekans_

Just one thing right now. CUE 2 doesn't seem to recognize Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. If it's added as a profile for the M65 RGB mouse, the profile is not activated when the game is launched. I hope BFGA can be added to the supported games.

Thanks.

Maybe the game has a launcher exe and the main game uses a different one? There are some games that do that.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe the game has a launcher exe and the main game uses a different one? There are some games that do that.

This should still work. I have something similar with Arma3, runs from a launcher but CUE still finds the main arma3.exe file that starts. I have the problem from games that are windows 10 store bought. I can't find the launching exe/bat file for minecraft windows 10 beta. I have a funny feeling it runs in its own container so CUE wont pick it up.

As far as suggestions go I'd like to be able to affect all my devices brightness from my strafe's dedicated switch. Bring back modes or something similar please please. And Auto switching between advanced and basic with the switching of profiles. My games are done in advanced and everything else in basic (because link lighting doesn't work in advanced) and i fu*ks me off no end that i need to open the damn program and manually switch the damn tab, even if you give the option in the icon menu would be slightly better than having to open up the whole thing to change a tab!

This Forum is silly, really. How can you think about new features when the whole software is broken? This software need a complete redo. Oh you know! I though about a new feature! A feature where it could program itself in the right way as soon as it finds an error! Yeah! That's it! Corsair needs to come out of under the desk and stop hiding from their costumers and everyone should open their eyes. I only see issues on this forum and no one is really trying to help. I am one of these guys that the software is completely useless right now. I have been working/trying/testing since 3 days now, still no success and I don't see any positive answer from Corsair. Do they even know these bugs exists? Are they working on a fix right now? No one will know, ever.

I've recently received a Corsair Katar mouse as a gift, and I've downloaded the CUE to program in a simple lighting effect (50%-75% brightness wave over 4s + 100% on click). I'm a big fan of the ability to set different DPI profiles and to switch between them so quickly, but I would like an option to add an indicator that would tell me which mode I've just changed into. It would pop up in a preconfigured location on the screen (either one of the corners, or set by a drag-n-drop interface). It would show up immediately, wait for a configurable amount of time, and then (optionally) fade out over a short interval, like 0.3s. The size, font/background color, and opacity of the indicator should each be configurable. Ingame I envision that it would end up looking something like this: 9e8365ac4ff1042e104e4ad63b7213c9.png

• 2 weeks later...

Two suggestions (sorry if they've already been posted):

1. Be able to have an array of colors (whether it cycle through them in a certain order or randomly select) when working with the advanced mode or just a random color. Maybe a min/max value for any RGBA when it comes to the random aspect, in case you only want bright, vibrant colors showing for the effect (although this can be also done with using the array option if implemented, but it'd still be cool to have both).

2. Under "Stop option", it'd be nice to have a "when cycle completes after key release" or something like that, so it only stops after the effect is completely through and no longer able to be seen on the keyboard, at the end of a gradient, wave, ripple, etc. but only completes the last cycle that it was on when the key was released and stops after that, instead of the current situation where you either have a set number of cycles or it just stops mid-cycle if the key is released.

Edited by loverthehater
spelling / words

I quick suggestion for a CUE feature.

An ability/setting to temporarily disable all keyboard key presses and mouse actions for between 30secs to 2mins or more so that you may give them a quick clean without all the inadvertent mouse and keyboard actions.