Corsair Community

Open Source the Software...

TheSubMainMan

Why don't you open source the software? (Corsair Utility Engine)

Post it up on GitHub for community contributions (since someone is obviously struggling with it's current development, a little help would be a good thing).

Lots of software companies are doing this and have been for years, they see the value in openness and community contributions. Attracting people who are interested in making a great, extendable, moulder, product. Who knows where they could take this.

You can still sell your hardware, but into a more open ecosystem, it will be cool.

I'm putting this out there, as I can see the potential with this vs the downside to the current offering.

They spent a lot of time and money on the software. It is way more powerful (and difficult) than the competitors. What it adds is what makes their keyboards really stand out.

Stand out as in massive issues with chatter?

Stand out as in I need a 3rd-party program to kill the chatter, I have to set the ms to 140 to get rid of it all while playing games.

What stands out? Design? Yes. Usability? No.

Stand out as in massive issues with chatter?

Stand out as in I need a 3rd-party program to kill the chatter, I have to set the ms to 140 to get rid of it all while playing games.

What stands out? Design? Yes. Usability? No.

if you have chatter then you have a hardware issue. And no major company is ever going to open source anything lol.

if you have chatter then you have a hardware issue. And no major company is ever going to open source anything lol.

Yeah, I know about the hardware issue. Strange this is my third corsair keyboard in three months with the issue though. (Warranty through the reseller). Would be sweet to be able to fix the ms inside CUE instead of being forced to use a 3rd party program. Before I can get even this board exchanged.

There are many major companies who Open Source stuff, nothing strange with that.

Yeah, I know about the hardware issue. Strange this is my third corsair keyboard in three months with the issue though. (Warranty through the reseller). Would be sweet to be able to fix the ms inside CUE instead of being forced to use a 3rd party program. Before I can get even this board exchanged.

There are many major companies who Open Source stuff, nothing strange with that.

Have you ever RMA the unit with Corsair? If not there isnt much i can do about the 3 returns to the reseller.

Sure like what? not saying it's impossible, just no one who's a lead in their field has open source software.

The only issue with the software from my perspective is that updates are slow in coming to the end user, features and updates have virtually come to a standstill.

Moving forward, I know GitHub would be a great place for this app, However,... Corsair may not have the resources or may not want to vet the app every time someone as tweaked the coding or added some feature or other.

It's Understandable and a shame, It'll do well in open sourced World.

Have you ever RMA the unit with Corsair? If not there isnt much i can do about the 3 returns to the reseller.

Sure like what? not saying it's impossible, just no one who's a lead in their field has open source software.

I have tried, got one answer and that is to take it with the reseller... so I have. Corsair is a huge joke, sorry to say.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived