Corsair Community

760T airflow question

iggl3p1ggle

Hi everyone.

I have a 760T with the following fan/rad setup:

Front 2 are intake

Top Centre is exhaust

Rear is H80i setup as exhaust

I was wondering if I change the fan that is currently top centre exhaust to bottom intake and place the lid back on the case would that be a better setup?

My logic behind this:

Cool outside air is being brought in from the bottom of the case, over the GPU's (x2) as well as from the front. (2x R9 270 which get very warm)

Dust stops coming in from the top of the case as the lid would be closed.

Would this new configuration be better or worse in general, and would the H80i be adversely impacted?

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

If you put the lid back on without any gaps there is pretty much no cool outside air for the fan at the top.

To use the lid and the fan together, you can get some SSD screws (place them under the magnets) or small pieces e.g. 2x2 Lego bricks, small magnets etc and use it to lift the lid a bit higher for air.

If you put the lid back on without any gaps there is pretty much no cool outside air for the fan at the top.

To use the lid and the fan together, you can get some SSD screws (place them under the magnets) or small pieces e.g. 2x2 Lego bricks, small magnets etc and use it to lift the lid a bit higher for air.

Thanks for that. Will give it a try.

Archived