Corsair Community

K100 crashes iCUE

mrmldeboy

iCUE crashes whenever I try to save a profile to the K100

No issues creating profile in iCUE, works as long as iCUE is running, simply cannot save to keyboard

iCUE crashes when starting up a game with an SDK profile (Ubisoft), even though SDK is disabled in iCUE

Firmware is up to date and no issues with updating

Keyboard is plugged directly into backside USB3

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
iCUE crashes whenever I try to save a profile to the K100

No issues creating profile in iCUE, works as long as iCUE is running, simply cannot save to keyboard

iCUE crashes when starting up a game with an SDK profile (Ubisoft), even though SDK is disabled in iCUE

Firmware is up to date and no issues with updating

Keyboard is plugged directly into backside USB3

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Does it matter how elaborate the profile is when trying to save it to the device? What happens when you save a profile with just a simple backlighting change to a static color?

Also, can you provide your system specs as well?

Does it matter how elaborate the profile is when trying to save it to the device? What happens when you save a profile with just a simple backlighting change to a static color?

Also, can you provide your system specs as well?

I tried a simple static as you suggested but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Overwriting or saving a new profile gets to 33% then the iCue window closes and the keyboard switches back to the default demo profile.

My iCue nexus also freezes when this happens. Once I restart iCue all the profiles begin working again on both devices.

I've attached a cpu-z dump, sorry for the delay, please let me know if there is anything else you need. Thanks!

iCue_K100.txt

Overwriting or saving a new profile gets to 33% then the iCue window closes and the keyboard switches back to the default demo profile.

This is the same behavior I see with the crash at exactly 33% each time, regardless of the lighting in question (static x 1, empty, or preset). The entire CUE app crashes, so all your Corsair devices will revert to hardware mode until you relaunch.

I just got the K100 OPX and iCue now recognizes it but I can't adjust anything with the keyboard as its says I requires an update but everytime I try to update it always comes back update unsuccessful. I've uninstalled 3 times as per corsairs clean install page and tried every USB port on my computer and still the same outcome. So far not very happy with this especially given the price.

Anyone have any suggestions before I return this keyboard.

• Corsair Employee
What polling rate do you have the keyboard set to in iCUE? You can check in the settings tab and selecting K100 RGB. Also, have you tried plugging the keyboard into a different set of USB ports? If you have a USB hub or KVM, try plugging the keyboard directly into the back of the motherboard.

What polling rate do you have the keyboard set to in iCUE? You can check in the settings tab and selecting K100 RGB. Also, have you tried plugging the keyboard into a different set of USB ports? If you have a USB hub or KVM, try plugging the keyboard directly into the back of the motherboard.

1000 Hz / 1 msec

I've tried direct connect though 4 rear MB ports but the profile saving crash persists on each of them

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to iCUE 3.36.125 and profile save to device is working now

+++

Patch notes for iCUE version 3.36.125:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052823492-Patch-notes-for-iCUE-version-3-36-125

Resolved an issue where trying to save certain profiles onto the K100 keyboard caused iCUE to crash

Edited by mrmldeboy