Corsair Community

New to Corsair - H100i RGB Problems

PriceyRyan

Hi All,

Yesterday I built my PC and installed the H100i RGB Cooler. At first it was working fine but an hour or so later it stopped and hasn't come back.

There doesn't seem to be any power going to the cooler but the fans are on and stay Red.

My RAM shows up in iCue with no issues.

I have spent around 5h trying to solve this. I have updated all drivers for my Mobo (B550 Gaming Edge Wifi) and updated windows.

When I take the USB out of the JUSB1 socket and put it back in I get an error saying "Unknown USB Device" and "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I have uninstalled it and restarted but it will not recognise it. So now I am really confused and not sure what else to do. I am starting to think it is broken? But its only had about 1h of use so it cannot be!

Many thanks,

Ryan.

Can be more specific about what cooler you have? There are 7 or 8 coolers with the name "H100i" in it. H100i v2? H100i Pro? H100i Platinum? H100i XT? H100i Elite?

Are you trying to say the cooler is not present in the device list in CUE?

Can you list your motherboard brand and model? Some X570 boards have USB detection difficulties, but it's possible with all if your chipset drivers are not up to date.

Hmmm.... B550. I've been wondering how these were going to work out. AMD changed something on the X570 and those boards have a much higher incidence of connection issues. It doesn't seem to be every single person, but a definite percentage. I was curious if this was going to continue on B550. It's possible you are in the same position and need to use a powered USB 2.0 hub as an intermediary between MB and Corsair devices. Most cost between $10-20 and a lot of people need more than the 2 ports most boards provide. Right now there isn't enough of a user sample to know for sure.

It is possible there is an issue with the device, but "USB dead, but functional" is not a common state. Another option might be if you have a 9 pin USB internal to USB A cable to run it to the back I/O, but that is not a common piece for most users to have lying around.

You also can contact Corsair Support and get their take on this. The Ticket Support Link is in the header above.

Hmmm.... B550. I've been wondering how these were going to work out. AMD changed something on the X570 and those boards have a much higher incidence of connection issues. It doesn't seem to be every single person, but a definite percentage. I was curious if this was going to continue on B550. It's possible you are in the same position and need to use a powered USB 2.0 hub as an intermediary between MB and Corsair devices. Most cost between $10-20 and a lot of people need more than the 2 ports most boards provide. Right now there isn't enough of a user sample to know for sure.

It is possible there is an issue with the device, but "USB dead, but functional" is not a common state. Another option might be if you have a 9 pin USB internal to USB A cable to run it to the back I/O, but that is not a common piece for most users to have lying around.

You also can contact Corsair Support and get their take on this. The Ticket Support Link is in the header above.

Thank you, I will take a look. I may also reinstall windows to see if it reverts it back. In the time it was working I only installed iCue, Steam & Ubisoft Connect.

So was the cooler recognized for a short while, then on some reboot it dropped out? If it was recognized at some point for more than a second or two, then the hub may not be the answer. X570 owners will report it continuously dropping in/out or never getting detection at all. If was working, then later disappeared on reboot, it may be driver related.