Corsair Community

VIRTUOSO RGB Headset audio crackle

Just got the headset, and right off the bat started to notice an audio crackle in games i was playing. Ive tried different USB ports, front or back, but everything still seems to produce the issue. Just wanted to find out if anyone else was having this issue, and is there a work around of any sort. Thanks ahead of time. Edited by walksonpoo

Hey sorry I do t have an answer for you but I'm having the same issue. I dont have an issue watching YouTube or twitch but as soon as I get into overwatch I get this bad crackling noise. If you found a fix that would be great and I would love to know the fix. I was going to return mine but I'm going to see about a fix first.

• Corsair Employee

Which version of iCUE are all of you currently on? Latest should be 3.20.80 right now. You can also try what KBhamm suggested:

Uninstall the Virtuoso audio driver under device manager, unplug the headset, restart windows, then plug the headset back in.

Also, if you have the dongle connected through a USB hub or pass-through, try connecting it directly to the PC and see if that helps.

Which version of iCUE are all of you currently on? Latest should be 3.20.80 right now. You can also try what KBhamm suggested:

Uninstall the Virtuoso audio driver under device manager, unplug the headset, restart windows, then plug the headset back in.

Also, if you have the dongle connected through a USB hub or pass-through, try connecting it directly to the PC and see if that helps.

If you do it like you suggested we run with legacy drivers and auto shutdown won't work anymore but you could use dtsx or dolby atmos then. Corsair drivers are really bad right now and you're restricted on stereo which is also real bad on the original driver or corsair 7.1 and this is no real 7.1 algorithm at the moment :P

Nick may I ask how deep you're connected to corsair? I have a few suggestions directly for the devs and a few bugs with the virtuoso. I want a direct line :)

Edited by KBhamm

• 2 weeks later...
I've got the same issue, doesn't always do it but there are waust to replicate it, try grim dawn a certainty it always does it, crackling sounds like a speaker in the headset is switching off and on, low volume then loud volume, and once it starts doing it that's it unless you replug the dongle or restart the pc, also sometimes everything sounds robotic, you'll also notice like me the dongle white solid light goes off once it starts doing it, I'm sending mine back to OCUK for a refund, i cannot wait to see if a driver issue is going to fix it or not, too much of a risk, there's something up with either these receivers or the auto change channel, who knows but if Corsair can't be bothered to test stuff properly why should we bother waiting for something they're not even claiming is an issue or can't replicate.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello

I just got the headset and i like it but i have the same problem. but i have a little fix dunno if it helps for any of you but try closing Icue down so it is not running that fixed it for me

and corsair you might want to look into the that if it is icue that will made the Crackling sound

iam running icue v. 3.22.74

Cheers Leers

Same here even with last iCue. Sometime on game, when a lot of shooting, I can hear crackling sounds. Connecting back G933 in same situation, no crackling, so it is not a game. I have due to January 15 to return headsets and honestly, I want to stick with them as I like how clear the sound is. But if Corsair won't fix, I will return I buy G935

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue here. Bought headset a week ago. What I noticed that if you are on Wireless and trigger on/off switch (changing to USB mode and back to Wireless) resolves the issue, but of course this is unacceptable for a headset that costs 230 EUR.

From what I've seen now it happens at least once per gaming session and not only in one game, but in each of them I played. Once it happened while speaking on Discord, while seems I haven't had an issue while watching Youtube or listening to music (Spotify).

Dongle is connected via I/O - so directly to the MB.

I guess that my software/FW is also up to date.

iCUE v: 3.24.52

Dongle FW: 0.16.80

Headset FW: 0.17.149

Edited by Riccoo

I'm started having this issue also. I "suspect" the issue is related to changes to audio introduced by a recent Windows 10 update. I've isolated my problem to the mic being active. If the application doesn't use the mic or the mic device is disabled, then the crackle in the audio output goes away.

But I (and Corsair support) have not successfully figured how to make the headset behave normally again. Disappointing. Headsets may as well be deep-sixxed in their current state as I use them heavily for my work.

Honestly, given all the recent reports of audio corruption in this forum, I am surprised that Corsair has not responded given what clearly seems to be an obvious software/driver issue in Windows 10.

The lack of response from Corsair is surprising to me actually, as the Corsair of yesteryear would actively participate in these forums.

im scared that there is no response from Corsair. It seems to be a pretty common problem and there is not event a comment about if i would ever be fixed.

in current state u can just put your new 200€ headset away and play with an old 10€ one which at least works without problems

I am on my second pair of SE headsets. Both eventually crackled and popped on low bass. It seemed to occur once the headset came out of standby mode and most of time would stop only after a reboot, however, not always.

Recently I removed the ST100 RGB headset stand from my system and rebooted. So far I have not had any crackles and pops. Maybe its a driver issue between the stands sound card and the drivers for the headset. Will continue to monitor.

• 1 month later...

Sadly I had to return my Virtuoso headset because of a similar problem. After about 15-20 minutes the audio would go distorted and crackly. This problem never occurred when plugged in via usb.

I could reset it by unplugging the dongle, waiting a minute and plugging back in but that's not the kind of thing I want to be doing continually.

• 3 weeks later...
Please tell me there's a fix for this. I've had this headset for about a week. Wow, this is incredibly annoying. Wired, fantastic experience. Wireless fantastic experience until it's worth throwing them against the wall and simply destroying them. They have me so mad that my money back is not enough. I might as well simply destroy them and upload my video to youtube. This is bad. Tried all the fixes posted in this thread to no avail. What's next?

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue. It only seems to be when i play Overwatch but all the sound is very quiet and i hear a crackling sound. It's only when in the wireless mode. When i switch to wired mode and connect it via USB, its much louder and no crackling. The long USB-C cable supplied with the headset doesnt connect my headset to the computer. It only charges the battery. Which is annoying as i only have a short spare USB-C type cable that i have to to use.

really need a fix for this. I have unistalled iCue and all my drivers etc but nothing seems to fix the issue.