Corsair Community

No Sound, No Voice - Corsair Void Pro Wireless Headset Problem

Throwawa

Corsair Void Pro. It has the headset and communicates to a USB stick to the OS.

When loading Win 10 and doing nothing at the desktop, the microphone CAN work, the audio CAN work. Browse youtube you can hear fine.

The problem comes into place when I actually USE the microphone - Go into Discord, OBS, or if you Right-Click sound in the bottom right> view the 'Recording' TAB on the "Sound" window (Rundll.exe) or "Open Sound Settings".

In these scenarios:

Open discord> Lose sound & Voice immediately> Check setting> iCue spastically spams notification window "Firmware update available" even though 0.15 is running and is the latest> The Output and Input drop down select populate and unpopulate spastically for 30-60seconds> stops its cycle> No input options> Output options of 2 never used S/PDIF ports. Cannot regain sound unless PC is restarted, restart hangs, force shutdown.

Open "Open Sound Settings" from bottom right Volume menu>Lose sound & Voice immediately> The Output and Input drop down select populate and unpopulate spastically for 30-60seconds> iCue spastically spams notification window "Firmware update available" even though 0.15 is running and is the latest> Either stops its cycle or window seizes permanently> if stops No input options> Output options of 2 never used S/PDIF ports.

Bonus: Open iCuE> Headset disappears from iCue.

Cannot regain sound unless PC is restarted which loops indefinately and requires a forced shutdown.

Open OBS> OBS manages to populate Corsair headset/microphone> with OBS open/using Output/Input of Corsair can communicate through Discord> attempting to close OBS causes OBS window to crash/hang> While crashed or if "End task" on OBS, Lose sound & Voice immediately> Check either Discord or "Open Sound Settings" and either no options or 2 S/PDIF options in output only.

Cannot regain sound unless PC is restarted which loops indefinately and requires a forced shutdown.

Right-Click sound in the bottom right> view the 'Recording' TAB on the "Sound" window (Rundll.exe)> go into Corsair Microphone Properties (dead man switch)> Browse around any of the tabs> Comeback to 'Recording' tab> Window hangs/crashes(boom)> Win10 is now doing something in the background indefinitely>Lose sound & Voice immediately.

I've done these other thread suggestions.

I've tried Windows "troubleshooting sound problems" in the midst of it spasing out - Windows can't decipher between it's metaphorical head from its metaphorical ***. It couldn't process the task. So that's out.

I've Uninstalled both the 'Earpiece' and 'Microphone' from 'Device Manager'> Restarted> Uninstalled iCue and all saved macros (Corsair mouse is relatively decent)> Restarted> Reinstalled iCue (RiP macros)> Restarted> AND STILL GET THE SAME PROBLEM.

How do you have a product that 'kind of' works until it comes across a program that explicitly has an output/input option and then commits seppuku when trying to apply itself to it?

I was gifted this headset about a year ago, new in box from a bestbuy. It didn't work then - Same story now. Im here trying to get some feedback to get this time vampire of an awful product, thats wasted 3 hours of my night so far, to work cause my ghetto walmart mic kicked the bucket.

Edited by Throwawa

• Corsair Employee

Have you tried updating your USB drivers or testing on a different set of USB ports? How do you have the headset connected right now? Have you tested the headset on a different PC/Laptop? I would also recommend reaching out to our Technical Support team for additional troubleshooting as well.

https://support.corsair.com/

So good news. It's not corsair.

I got tilted and bought a G553 wireless headset yesterday- plugged it in, attempted to use any program that uses the microphone. Same exact thing occured. Just returned the G553 today, noting it was perfectly fine to resell and that my comp is being a bastard with any usb wireless headsets apparently.

I don't know why this machine is turning feral when USB headsets are involved. I can't have windows troubleshoot the microphone as it immediately expels it from its listing thus cannot parse information on what it refuses to recognize.

I've tried all USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 (backwards compatible) ports. No changes.

Here's my specs:

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3P (rev. 2.0)

CPU: AMD FX-8350

GPU: MSI R9 390X

RAM: DDR3 1600 (2x8gb)

Storage: Sata SSD 512gb

Here's a video of windows sperging out with the headset on and plugged in while attempting to view "Open Sound settings"

[ame]

[/ame]

Any approach to exercise this demon would be much appreciated.

• Corsair Employee

If you go into Sound Settings > Advanced Sound Options at the bottom, do you have any other devices set as default or custom settings for devices?

This issue appears to be very unique to your system. If you haven't reached out to support, I'd recommend contacting them. A clean install of Windows could be a last ditch effort to bring this around, but support may have some other suggestions to try before going that far.