Corsair Community

iCue & Fans Constantly changing RPM's

Slevin87

Hey there,

I've done a bit of googling but haven't found a fix.

I've set 3 of my Corsair LL case fans to BALANCED through iCue and have noticed they sit around 1500 RPM's and then jump to 2K and then back down every few seconds. It's unbelievably annoying. I'm seeing this is due to my processor package temp randomly going from something like 32 C to 40 C for a second then back down to 32 C.

Any way to prevent this from happening? Should I just make a custom curve and set the speeds to all the same until it gets to like 50 C?

Thanks for any help you guys can throw my way.

Presumably this means you are controlling the fans through a Commander Pro. Yes, the default curves are based on CPU temperature as that is the only variable all PCs are guaranteed to have. And yes, it is horrible. Change immediately.

Immediate quick fix is change the control sensor variable to GPU temp or coolant temp (H1xx Temp) if you have a Corsair cooler. However, the best long term solution is to use the temp probes that came with the C-Pro. You don't have to use all 4, but one at the rear exhaust is usually pretty effective for assessing the amount of waste heat in the case. You can use the one on the front intake as a contrast data point. You'll have to learn the normal range, but unless your components are adding more heat to the internal air temp, you don't really need more fan speed.

I'm assuming that this is on the Commander Pro?

If so, then yes, you need a custom fan curve, ideally one that is based on one of the built-in temp sensors. The default CoPro fan curves are based on CPU temperature and, in modern processors, that is highly variable.

Providing more information about your system - for example, by filling out your system specs - helps us throw more help your way, too. ;-)

Thanks for the feedback guys - I didn't even realize the CPro came with the temp probes - I was too quick to toss the box aside after pulling out the CPro lol.

I will hook these up and see what I can do, will report back if I have any further issues.