Corsair Community

Asus P4P800 and Corsair 2 x 512 , 1GB DDR400 Cas3 Value select memory

Kal

looking for any suggestions for the bios configuration regarding this ram and mb. currently have win xp installed but getting errors in several game programs. all bios settings are default or auto atm. current system is : P4 3ghz at 800 mhz fsb Asus p4p800 mainboard. antec 550w p/s corsair value select 1gb ddr400 ram 2x512. Asus gf4 5900 video card 256mb ram Asus onboard sound and lan currently being used. cooling consists of one 120mm and three 80 mm fans. current cpu and mainboard temps are 30 deg C and 35 deg C respectively. any suggestions would be appreciated. currently this computer will boot up win xp and use internet, but will not run several games, such as Dark Age of Camelot, without kicking me to desktop. Kal..

• Corsair Employee
Please use [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] to test the memory. But please disable USB Legacy when running this program. And I would try and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts and test as suggested above. If you get errors with both modules please test them one at a time and let's make sure one is not failing. If you do find you have a bad module please follow the link in my signature.

got the voltage settings yesterday from phone support. I ran the memory test on each memory module induvidually and no changes in the results. I tried running one memory module at a time with the game that I play. one would constantly lock up and create windows errors, while the other would not. I have removed the module causing the errors and all seems fine atm.

Archived