Corsair Community

Corsair One problems

Paul1978

About a week and a half ago I recently purchased the Corsair One Pro gtx 1080, only to get home and open the box to find out some of the letters of the desktop logo were never printed on. So instead of it saying Corsair One, I instead got ".orsa.. One". Really Corsair on a $3000+ piece of equipment?? If your machines can't print your logos on properly, maybe you want to rethink an actual emblem sticker or raised lettering. So long story short, I bought it at Canada Computers whom are a pain to do exchanges with. After a minor ordeal with them they finally agreed to exchange the Corsair One Pro gtx 1080 based on a manufacturer defect. This said, now in getting another Corsair One Pro I was looking at 4+ weeks before that would happen, as they were out of stock. To leave the store that day with a replacement the only option I had was to settle on the entry level Corsair One using the gtx 1070. So this is what I had decided on as being without a computer for another month plus was abit insane. Since having the replacement since last Saturday, three times now at random I've had the two light bars on the front flicker off for a brief moment then come back on??? **Update** now happening more frequently. I'm still within my exchange period *only* if Canada Computers deems it as defective, as other wise if they don't I have to pay a $15% restocking fee. Corsair I really want to love ya, but your machine is giving me a huge headache...

hi

I just got the PRO model and I may send it back cause worrying for high temps, could you tell me if the 1070 model runs cooler?

Been searching for a review on the 1070 but hadn't found nothing

Noticing you had both models can you see any difference?

thankya

• Corsair Employee
About a week and a half ago I recently purchased the Corsair One Pro gtx 1080, only to get home and open the box to find out some of the letters of the desktop logo were never printed on. So instead of it saying Corsair One, I instead got ".orsa.. One". Really Corsair on a $3000+ piece of equipment?? If your machines can't print your logos on properly, maybe you want to rethink an actual emblem sticker or raised lettering. So long story short, I bought it at Canada Computers whom are a pain to do exchanges with. After a minor ordeal with them they finally agreed to exchange the Corsair One Pro gtx 1080 based on a manufacturer defect. This said, now in getting another Corsair One Pro I was looking at 4+ weeks before that would happen, as they were out of stock. To leave the store that day with a replacement the only option I had was to settle on the entry level Corsair One using the gtx 1070. So this is what I had decided on as being without a computer for another month plus was abit insane. Since having the replacement since last Saturday, three times now at random I've had the two light bars on the front flicker off for a brief moment then come back on??? **Update** now happening more frequently. I'm still within my exchange period *only* if Canada Computers deems it as defective, as other wise if they don't I have to pay a $15% restocking fee. Corsair I really want to love ya, but your machine is giving me a huge headache...

Contact our customer service department and let us take care of you. You shouldn't have to deal with these headaches.

hi

I just got the PRO model and I may send it back cause worrying for high temps, could you tell me if the 1070 model runs cooler?

Been searching for a review on the 1070 but hadn't found nothing

Noticing you had both models can you see any difference?

thankya

Are you concerned about high CPU temps? The 1070 version should have lower CPU temps as the i7-7700 has a lower TDP than the i7-7700K, but the i7-7700K in the Pro is still perfectly fine even in the high 80s.

Update** Brought it back to Canada Computers earlier this week. I took video of the light problem before going there just incase anything different happened upon Canada Computers tech's looking at it. As soon as the tech's booted up the computer, bam there the issue was. The desktop was also encountering frezzing issues as well. Keep in mind this was the (gtx 1070) unit I had for about a week!!! I had intent on exchanging it for another, however the box they brought up for exchange had some pretty extensive damage on one of the corners of the box, so I asked for another one in place, but I was told that unit was the better of the two they had in store. In the end, I ended up getting a credit refund, as they do not do cash refunds. Such a shame, I wanted that unit so bad where I had been saving up for it for some time, only to be left in disappointment. Even when I gave up the unit I truly wanted and had (gtx 1080), things still couldn't be set right with the (gtx 1070).

I just had to return my model because I couldn't even play overwatch in 1920 x 1080 resolution in medium settings without it freezing. I did everything from reinstalling windows to rolling back/forward nvidia drivers. What a horrible experience from what I thought was gonna be an amazing computer from what I saw on Dave2D's video. I also spent a lot of time arguing with Best Buy because the Corsair box that it came in stated that the model was the Nvidia 1070 model. Whoever package the computer at the OEM slapped the wrong sticker on the box. The UPC code was right but the details sticker was for the base specs. Such a waste of time. I called customer support and they told me to send it in for warranty check ups and I told them to go kick rocks. It was within the return window so I rather get my money back than to reward Corsair for such sloppy business. Is anybody else encountering these freezing issues?

Archived