The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2017, 05:16 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 888794
red-ray Reputation: 81

The CL Mini also has 4 x temp sensors + 1 x LED controller + 4 x C-Link ports that such as RM850i can be connecd to.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:05 PM
tjc2005's PC Specs

POST ID # = 888937
tjc2005 Reputation: 10

http://imgur.com/a/zmei9

Ok, I have them installed... I decided to get both, to try them both. Not sure about the HD120's yet... I don't mind the fan controller as much as I thought tbh, and the noise from both sets are fine, I just have to run the HDs at a minimum of 40% otherwise they slow down then rev up again (Using the NZXT).

Let me know what you guys think, ultimately I know it's personal preference, and imagine a matching set of fans at the bottom of the case that are yet to be installed.

I like the HD120s but they're very bright, brighter than in the picture.
The MLs on the other hand, have a very nice subtle white to them, I think they look more professional.

So I don't know whether or not to send back the HDs and replace the lot with MLs (even the bottom) or If I should swap out the bottom set and stick in some more HDs, it might make them look better? (Either way I'll keep the MLs on the H80i as they're good and quieter than stock).
Again, I know it's personal preference but let me know what you'd do if you had this case. (Btw the bottom fans are horrible CM Sickleflows)

Old 01-28-2017, 05:13 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 888939
red-ray Reputation: 81
Thumbs down The HD LED controller is sub-optimal

As you say it's down to personnel preference, needless to say I would choose a different colour.

The thing I dislike about the HDs is the LED controller so I plan to build my own which can be software controlled. This will also mean I can choose the intensity, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165029

Old 01-28-2017, 05:34 PM
tjc2005's PC Specs

POST ID # = 888943
tjc2005 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
As you say it's down to personnel preference, needless to say I would choose a different colour.

The thing I dislike about the HDs is the LED controller so I plan to build my own which can be software controlled. This will also mean I can choose the intensity, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165029
Yeah I don't mind the controller but preferably software control ofc. I've only just installed it so try out the colours tomorrow, but my case LEDs are stuck with blue. The white is very white I have to say, so if I want want I think maybe the MLs are better... Maybe red will mix better. And cool I'll check out that link.

Tags
hd120, ml120