The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2019, 05:53 PM

POST ID # = 1018107
guardianla Reputation: 10

I found this thread after narrowing down the issue of buggy iCUE software downgrading what should have been an upgrade to my cooling system. I just bought a Corsair CPU block, GPU block, pump/res and a Commander Pro to manage it all. After installing everything yesterday I ran Heaven and immediately noticed the stuttering and massive drop in FPS others have reported. I eventually ran CPU-Z and saw the incredible drop in single core performance others here have posted about.

Since this bug results in a CPU issue, it impacts everything we do on our system. High FPS games that are CPU bound are severely impacted. Once you push the graphics settings up and shift the burden to the GPU the symptoms are less severe, but still impact performance. Synthetic tools make it easy to diagnose (CPU-Z, Cinebench).

Completely uninstalling the iCUE software returned performance to expected levels. Unfortunately, it took a number of other steps before I narrowed the problem down to iCUE and got rid of it.

I'm surprised Corsair hasn't pulled down the buggy version of iCUE, instead risking those of us who have high end systems and lots of disposable income returning hundreds of dollars worth of their hardware because of their free, buggy software. I'm especially surprised since earlier in this thread they reported they can replicate the problem and have a root cause. I guess they've done the math and they'd rather lose sales from a few of us who spend lots on their hardware than offer a known solution to a known problem.

System Specs for the record
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero Wi-Fi - Z370
i7-8700K (Corsair XC7)
32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO (CMW32GX4M4C3200C16W)
EVGA 2080 Ti (Corsair XG7)
Corsair XD5 pump/res
Corsair Commander Pro

Still considering returning the cooling hardware as it doesn't work as it should without the iCUE software. I can pick another set of blocks and pump/res that will work with the rest of my hardware / software easily enough. I can't wait until the end of the month on a "maybe" from Corsair.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:53 AM
racdavies's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018159
racdavies Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
Thats not correct. I already did update to a new version, disliked that version, uninstalled that version and went back to the older version WITHOUT losing all profiles so it is very much possible to downgrade to an older version, of course.

And no, I am not the only one with the high CPU usage bug as you can read in this thread. And I bet there are a lot of other users out there with that issue once you can download it through the Corsair sites (which is still not the case, you only get it through icue itself atm and not everyone clicks every day on the check for update button without seeing here in the forums a sticky that there is a new version - which was also not posted yet). Therefore the user-group is indeed VERY small for now and this issue will become widespread once its release is communicated and published on the corsair site.

And as you can also read, I already re-installed 3.19 to check the CPU usage bug - profiles still all deleted, folder empty btw, completely vanilla.

Dont know why you defend corsair that much. Yes, obviously you are a betatester but there is an abvoius bug which cant be ignored and defended.
I downgraded to 3.18 but icue would not run with the data left behind so had to completely remove icue and all related files before 3.18 would run properly, even after deleting everything my profile i created was still there.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:30 PM

POST ID # = 1018227
k155 Reputation: 10

Is there any word on when we can expect an update? I've had to uninstall CUE to fix the massive fps drop, which is a big pain when most of my pc is made out of corsair components.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:35 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018228
momorious Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by k155 View Post
Is there any word on when we can expect an update? I've had to uninstall CUE to fix the massive fps drop, which is a big pain when most of my pc is made out of corsair components.
They keep their usual monthly update scheme, so end of September at the earliest. Maybe even end of October if they can't fixed it yet...
Old 09-14-2019, 07:12 PM

POST ID # = 1018234
bunny Reputation: 10

I decided to sign up on this terrible companies site, just to join the collection of individuals in this issue.

Get your SH** together, Corsair.

In my short lifetime with Corsair products of two years at most, I have gone through:
-Two Corsair KEYBOARDS
-A MOUSE
-Constant random ticks and blips from the keyboard LEDs still to this day
-RAM LEDs are laggy and fall out of sync almost instantly from turning on PC
-Had MULTIPLE emails to Corsair purposely ignored until *surprise* my 30 days was up before they responded and tried to use the 30 day clause, which turned into a year long email battle just to get a simple exchange on CORSAIR RAM for another style & spec......

Now your iCUE program is killing my FPS in all my games.

Less than a week ago I unplugged the monitor cables to move the screen, and plugged it all back in... It did not occur to me that around the same time that day, I also updated iCUE.

I went from a gaming PC of constant 144hz/fps, to sickening 30-130fps constant spiking around.
I came to the conclusion that I thought my DisplayPort cable had the fabled "20pin" and killed my gtx1070 video card after the reconnecting, so I REPLACED THE DP CABLE, AND INSTALLED A GTX1080 INSTEAD THAT I BOUGHT BNIB FROM A FRIEND......
waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!

When that still did not fix it, I started attacking the damn CORSAIR RAM thinking "THAT must be my next issue, it IS a Corsair product after all".....
In all of that chaos of literally thinking I have a serious issue.... I find this thread talking about iCUE, and LOW AND BEHOLD, SHUTTING DOWN iCUE FIXED THIS TERRIBLE ISSUE.

So the problem DID turn out to be CORSAIR... Just not the Corsair RAM.

Renaming the files did not fix my issue.
At this point I am done with Corsair.
You guys make cr*p products.
You have cr*p customer service.

I knew I shouldn't have left Logitech & EVGA just so I could have "pretty flashy colors" and I did it anyway. Lesson Learned.
I've lost my patience with Corsair and now I have no problem being a pissy, spoiled customer about it.
Spent way too much money trying out the Corsair brand, and in the dust settling, Im still stuck with Corsair RAM, Keyboard, headphones and PSU.
At this point, I silently beg that my PSU survives the Corsair name...

I'll be doing my best to phase all this Corsair junk out of my PC, until then, why don't you guys do some good for once and fix your stupid iCUE trash.
While your busy doing that, I'll be doing some good and telling people NOT to buy Corsair.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:31 PM
Mussels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018237
Mussels Reputation: 10

we still dont even have a changelog for 3.19, so i made one up

1. CPU usage increased at idle by 5%
2. Frame rates halved!
3. End-user anger management classes scheduled for 3.20
Old 09-16-2019, 02:55 AM
3clrbrst1960's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018315
3clrbrst1960 Reputation: 10

Went through multiple days of troubleshooting and windows re-installs only to find out this trash software update caused so many issues, features included...

- about 30% lower fps in CPU intensive games
- stutter and choppy experience in game
- pegged single core CPU usage
- tanked system performance easily seen in bench marks i.e GPU scores, CPU scores and SSD read/ writes, all dramatically low.

This really isn't good enough, hours wasted troubleshooting suspected component failure and it was all because of cue... Went back to 3.18.77 and all problems fixed. Like others I try to avoid companies that spit out software that turns your system into hot garbage.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:33 AM

POST ID # = 1018335
SuNSe7 Reputation: 10

As far as i read from other people's replies, corsair support doesn't care, or they don't have support in their forums - interaction.
Anyways, a lot of people complain, abs zero activity from them, not for the first time as far as i know.

So.. They have only a production line and everything ends there ? :D
I feel ashamed from having so much gear from a company, who doesn't care.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:38 AM
TXGunLover's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018345
TXGunLover Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuNSe7 View Post
As far as i read from other people's replies, corsair support doesn't care, or they don't have support in their forums - interaction.
Anyways, a lot of people complain, abs zero activity from them, not for the first time as far as i know.

So.. They have only a production line and everything ends there ? :D
I feel ashamed from having so much gear from a company, who doesn't care.
The replied they were aware and working on a release in this thread.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:38 PM
Mr Mcgoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018380
Mr Mcgoo Reputation: 10

Same CPU system interrupts issues here. I remembered a way to save your current profile settings. Copy and paste this folder C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE

Make sure you paste the CUE folder to your desktop for easier access then uninstall your icue software and download the 3.18.77 version by google searching corsair icue 3.18.77 and download from softpedia like I did.

Then copy and paste the cue folder back to the same location and your settings should be back :)

Last edited by Mr Mcgoo; 09-16-2019 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Added URL on 1st post by mistake
Old 09-16-2019, 04:57 PM

POST ID # = 1018387
dcx4610 Reputation: 10

What is the consensus on the best version of iCue to install that doesn't have any problems?
Old 09-16-2019, 05:48 PM
Mr Mcgoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018392
Mr Mcgoo Reputation: 10

Personally I think 3.18.77 for me had no issues but best was 3.15.101. Seemed to produce the least amount of user errors.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:31 PM

POST ID # = 1018396
Bauer24x Reputation: 10

Hmm i was just gonna make a thread im scared to update to 3.19 cause i did have it updated but downgraded when i saw this thread couple days ago saying people were having issues. Soo i SHOULDNT UPDATE TO 3.19 YET. Still messed up right? Can anyone comment? whats the deal with that? Like wtf thats so wrong. i thought my pc was gonna blow up. I booted up my pc and i always launch with task manager open. And i saw system inturppts with 100% cpu usage and my motherboard was beeping. im like ohh wtf its gonna blow? thats soo wrong. good thing i got a good expensive motherboard that might of bypassed the overload lawl. SHAME ON YOU CORSAIR
Old 09-17-2019, 12:25 AM
3clrbrst1960's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018424
3clrbrst1960 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer24x View Post
Hmm i was just gonna make a thread im scared to update to 3.19 cause i did have it updated but downgraded when i saw this thread couple days ago saying people were having issues. Soo i SHOULDNT UPDATE TO 3.19 YET. Still messed up right? Can anyone comment? whats the deal with that? Like wtf thats so wrong. i thought my pc was gonna blow up. I booted up my pc and i always launch with task manager open. And i saw system inturppts with 100% cpu usage and my motherboard was beeping. im like ohh wtf its gonna blow? thats soo wrong. good thing i got a good expensive motherboard that might of bypassed the overload lawl. SHAME ON YOU CORSAIR
Yep, don't update to 3.19. I was trouble shooting suspected catastrophic component failure on less than 6 month old hardware all because of i cue, makes you think how much impact these programs have on a system and what went so wrong to cause multiple dramatic issues. this update literally caused the following for me.
- around 20% less fps in game
- choppy performance and feel in-game due to pegged single core usage
- poor Cpu performance
- poor ssd read/ writes

turned my system into a complete potato, making me resort to troubleshooting hardware failure. not happy....

Last edited by 3clrbrst1960; 09-17-2019 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:36 AM
cars10's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018447
cars10 Reputation: 10

jesus christ..

I SPENT HOURS DIAGNOSING THIS!!! I am so incredibly angry right now..

HOW HAVE YOU NOT PULLED THIS VERSION BY NOW?

I reinstalled windows and drivers and programs TWICE until I pinned down the high cpu usage to 3.19.

8+ HOURS of my life LOST because of this mess. you need to fire your software team and hire a new one.

and best start a new version of icue from scratch. each version is one disaster after another