Corsair Community

iCUE silently crashing in background

Dayglorange

I have noticed that iCUE seems to keep crashing randomly in the background, sometimes when I'm not doing anything and other times it crashes if something else was force closed or crashed. I just updated to 3.19 and the system I'm running on is brand new, only just got it up and running this week. Haven't had any of the old CPU usage issues I had before on my old AMD A8 system, but the crashing is something that happened rarely before and now I'm noticing it more.

I'm not sure what's causing it as I haven't noticed any other problems that seem to be iCUE related. Every other computer crash I've had since I got my system running was my own fault (tweaking settings and such) and the last iCUE crash happened when I crashed No Man's Sky while tweaking graphics settings. Radeon Settings also crashed when that happened, and a restart of all affected processes or a complete system restart fixes things until I crash something again.

Basically I'm not sure what's causing iCUE to crash in the background, since I have also seen it crash when I was not messing around with anything. My GPU usage at idle also seems to randomly spike from 0 up anywhere to 100 but I'm unsure if this could be related or not.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Corsair Hydro H60

ASRock Steel Legend Wifi ax

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (4x8) DDR4 3000 CMT32GX4M4C3000C15

Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Nitro

Samsung 970 EVO m.2 nvmE 500GB

Corsair CX750M

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, 1903 build 18362.356

I'm also currently running the following peripherals:

ST1000 Headset, Void RGB Pro, K95 RGB Platinum, Nightsword RGB, MM800 Polaris, and 4 HD series fans with a Lighting Node Pro. I only run my RAM in hardware mode since I've heard software control can cause issues and I haven't any need for it anyway.

I'd also just like to add that if Corsair also made motherboards and graphics cards I'd make my system basically all Corsair everything if I could. :D: Thank you guys for doing great work.