Corsair Community

K95 Platnium XT - Cherry MX?

amusa

I'm about to order the K95 Plat. XT. I was confuse with the Cherry MX. I'm undecided with the MX Speed and the MX Brown. I want something light on the finger, smooth transition while pushing down on the keys and less clicking noise. What do you all prefer between the (2) MX?

I have owned a Logitech G105 since 2015 and just recently it giving me issues with the wrong keystrokes (r=r1; enter=alt, etc.). I have updated the driver, language pack, etc. I determine it was a hardware issue.

You’ll want the Speed version for a smooth and linear feel. Brown switches have an initial resistance that requires more force for the top movement before gliding freely. It’s going to be an adjustment for you either way, but once you adapt it becomes natural with either.

You’ll want the Speed version for a smooth and linear feel. Brown switches have an initial resistance that requires more force for the top movement before gliding freely. It’s going to be an adjustment for you either way, but once you adapt it becomes natural with either.

Thank you,

I was leaning toward the Speed. I just want to make sure before I order the wrong one.

Normally, I would send you off to a Best Buy where they are on display to peck away at. However, that is probably a no go as things are. Amazon will let you return it if you hate it. Just be aware all mechanical keyboards have some element of noise. That is the trade-off for the increased precision. The Speed keys can be played softer because of their nature, but it will require some adaptation if you have been banging away on a membrane keyboard for most of your life.

Normally, I would send you off to a Best Buy where they are on display to peck away at. However, that is probably a no go as things are. Amazon will let you return it if you hate it. Just be aware all mechanical keyboards have some element of noise. That is the trade-off for the increased precision. The Speed keys can be played softer because of their nature, but it will require some adaptation if you have been banging away on a membrane keyboard for most of your life.

My state is now going into lock-down. I been using multiple of keyboards from Dell KB212-B, HP TPC-S001K. It did not take me long to get adjusted to the G105 at first it felt strange but got used to it and started to like it more everyday.

I think I'm going to order it straight from Corsair. I may wait till Easter to come around to see how the discount code look like (I have a 10% code on hand) ...

Edited by amusa