The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 09:51 AM
bratboy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 448034
bratboy Reputation: 10
Default Having a problem with Dominator GT and p6tDV2

Hope someone can help or advise. System been running for about a yr np. Got up this am and system was locked up and had to reboot. Done no OC'ing other than to set my Corsair Dominator GT mem to XMP. Noticed on reboot system now is ony seeing 4 of the 6 gigs I have installed during post.

Checking in Bios, WEI, Everest and Taskmanager they all only show 4 gigs avil. Both Everest and CPU-z do show all 3 Dimms tho. Here's a pic :

WEI CPUZ Everest snapshot

Not sure what the issue is. I'm fairly sure its not the system temps as I use a V8 on the CPU which keeps it at6 around 39 and the all cores around 28-32 just putzing. I also have Corsairs memory fan installed on the mem as well to help with temps even more.

Anyway, like I said it only just happened this morning. Ist thing I did, just in case it was an issue of suddenly the CPU not being able to deal with the XMP setting I changed it to Auto, still only 4 gig seen by system.Things I've thought of:

A. DIMM Slot has suddenly gone bad

B. A stick of mem has suddenly gone bad

C. A stick has come lose from its slot (unlikely as havent mucked in case or moved it in days and prob just started)

D. Something else stupid I'm missing

Old 04-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 448037
Wired Reputation: 32

Moved to DDR3 area.

Check the 2nd sticky.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 04-17-2010, 12:10 PM
bratboy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 448042
bratboy Reputation: 10

Well I read the 2nd sticky. Since the modules ran just fine both at default bios and the XMP for over a yr and only happened between last night and this morning a voltage issues seems unlikely . Programs like Everest and CPUz show my normal voltages I've always had in the past and as you can see from the image in my initial post even tho the amount recognized is only 4 gigs both apps actually see all 3 Sticks so not sure if its a slot or stick problem.

EDIT: Well just to add some more info in my bios I set everything to auto then selected XMP mode. This set all my voltages to auto and I adjusted the one dram setting from 1.66 to 1.64. Could the auto settings suddenly be the issue? In over a year I had no isssues at all with the mem and now overnight poof 2 gigs gone. Anyway I went into Everest and screen capped what all the current volt settings are with things in XMP mode and set to Auto:

Any of these possibly the issue?

Last edited by bratboy; 04-17-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 448298
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

I would test each module at XMP settings one at a time in the last slot. If all of the modules pass then test each slot individually. It should help you narrow down if it is a slot or a stick causing the issue.