Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2018, 08:38 AM
RGB Lunatic
Alcasczar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 959985
Alcasczar Reputation: 10
Question Questions on RGB using commander pro and hub

So I ordered the commander pro and 6 fans, looking through all the docs and watching a few videos I am still a little confused about 1 thing.

The command pro connects to the motherboard USB 2.0 header and gets power from that and also the sata power cable do I need to also connect the sata power cable to the RGB hub too? wondering if there's a friendly diagram that I could follow that shows how this is connected, the documentation doesn't really clearly identify this scenario and I don't want to connect something wrong. Thanks for your help.

Oh and I noticed the RGB hub doesn't come with the commander pro???????? you have to buy a fan pack with lightning node pro to get the RGB hub?

Al

Last edited by Alcasczar; 06-20-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:57 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 959988
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcasczar View Post
So I ordered the commander pro and 6 fans, looking through all the docs and watching a few videos I am still a little confused about 1 thing.

The command pro connects to the motherboard USB 2.0 header and gets power from that and also the sata power cable do I need to also connect the sata power cable to the RGB hub too? wondering if there's a friendly diagram that I could follow that shows how this is connected, the documentation doesn't really clearly identify this scenario and I don't want to connect something wrong. Thanks for your help.
The RGB Fan Hub does need to be connected to SATA power.
For diagrams, check out the RGB FAQ linked in my signature.

Quote:
Oh and I noticed the RGB hub doesn't come with the commander pro???????? you have to buy a fan pack with lightning node pro to get the RGB hub?

Al
No, the RGB Fan Hub does not come with the Commander Pro. You can get the fan hub in the multipack of fans (which is how I would recommend getting it) or you can get it standalone from Corsair.com. Note that the standalone version does not come with the cables to connect the fan hub to the Commander Pro (or Lighting Node Pro, for that matter). But I'm fairly certain that the Commander Pro does come with the cables.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:46 AM
RGB Lunatic
Alcasczar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 959999
Alcasczar Reputation: 10

Thanks Devbiker,

I am going to hook it up tomorrow night after work and see how it goes. Looking at all the things at Newegg and some YouTube videos and your post I am confident I can do this simply. I am just a little bit disappointed the fan led hub didn't come with Cpro but I get why.

The hard part is going to be managing cables -.- in my Graphite 760T case :D

Old 06-20-2018, 04:11 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 960063
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Thanks Devbiker,

I am going to hook it up tomorrow night after work and see how it goes. Looking at all the things at Newegg and some YouTube videos and your post I am confident I can do this simply. I am just a little bit disappointed the fan led hub didn't come with Cpro but I get why.

The hard part is going to be managing cables -.- in my Graphite 760T case :D
Take a look at the RGB FAQ as well.

And yeah ... managing the cables is a challenge. Last time I redid my cables, it was an 8 hour task. That's also with a total of 13 fans and 11 strips. The back is a shrine to the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.