The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2017, 03:46 PM

POST ID # = 907362
anarchoi Reputation: 10
Default two effects at same time ?

I currently have my K70 set to a static red color.

Is this possible to also have another effect at the same time ? I'd like to have the "impulsion" effect when typing on the keyboard, with a black color or just no color at all. Which means my keyboard would be always red but when i press keys the buttons around would stop being lighted up with an impulse effect

But as soon as i try to add another effect it doesnt work, the keyboard just stays lighted red all of the time

Old 06-09-2017, 06:19 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 907372
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

You need to create the profile in advanced mode, then layer your keys in the single color, static or solid.

Add another lighting effect (+), then change the type to either gradient (like a solid), wave, or ripple, depending on the effect you want. The gradient can be made to act like a solid color by inserting two lighting "squares" (+) to the top of the box in the same color.

Then in the lower right corner, change the Start Option to "on key press" and the stop option to after 1 time (gradient), on key release (ripple), or either for the wave.

From what you are describing, you want a simple gradient overlay with the color set to 0,0,0. You still must add the "black" squares to the lighting box. You can also do a gradient that starts with a color on the left side, then fades to black on the right. The higher up on the list, the higher the priority. The layered on top effect must also be on top of the base color in the lighting panel.