The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015, 12:42 AM

POST ID # = 750646
TheMarc102 Reputation: 10
Angry My M65 RGB is DOUBLE CLICKING

Hello, i just got my new m65 rgb on the 31st. I used it for the first two days and it was working really well. On the 2nd, late at night i noticed that whenever i pressed the Left mouse button once sometimes it would register as 2 mouse clicks! I really didn't wanna rma this but i might have to. I have the utlitly installed and have the the latest firmware! i am running windows 8 64 bit with an i7 4770k and gtx 780.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:51 AM
Dmeister406's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750648
Dmeister406 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarc102 View Post
Hello, i just got my new m65 rgb on the 31st. I used it for the first two days and it was working really well. On the 2nd, late at night i noticed that whenever i pressed the Left mouse button once sometimes it would register as 2 mouse clicks! I really didn't wanna rma this but i might have to. I have the utlitly installed and have the the latest firmware! i am running windows 8 64 bit with an i7 4770k and gtx 780.
The same thing happened to me and many others on this forum if you search the threads. The only way to fix it is to RMA. However, as it is an issue that appears to affect a lot of units, there may be a material/design defect and there is no guarantee a replacement will provide a working unit in the long-term. After waiting for about 3 months for mine to come into stock, you can imagine I was also disappointed. I ended up returning it to the place of purchase for store credit and purchased one of the Sabre mice instead. So far so good and I have yet to hear of any complaints from other people who have them, either.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:56 AM

POST ID # = 750650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmeister406 View Post
The same thing happened to me and many others on this forum if you search the threads. The only way to fix it is to RMA. However, as it is an issue that appears to affect a lot of units, there may be a material/design defect and there is no guarantee a replacement will provide a working unit in the long-term. After waiting for about 3 months for mine to come into stock, you can imagine I was also disappointed. I ended up returning it to the place of purchase for store credit and purchased one of the Sabre mice instead. So far so good and I have yet to hear of any complaints from other people who have them, either.
Thank you for the quick reply, im extremely disappointed since i always wanted an rgb mouse. Thank you for the solution im just angry that the thing didn't even work for a week

Old 01-03-2015, 01:03 AM
Dmeister406's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750651

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarc102 View Post
Thank you for the quick reply, im extremely disappointed since i always wanted an rgb mouse. Thank you for the solution im just angry that the thing didn't even work for a week

No problem. Yeah, I think mine worked for approx 2 weeks before the issue started. The majority of other reports I have read also say that it worked fine initially but then failed soon after.

I too was looking forward to the RGB M65 but the Sabre is also RGB so it was a good alternative for me.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:05 PM

POST ID # = 750741
dabuddhabuddy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmeister406 View Post
No problem. Yeah, I think mine worked for approx 2 weeks before the issue started. The majority of other reports I have read also say that it worked fine initially but then failed soon after.

I too was looking forward to the RGB M65 but the Sabre is also RGB so it was a good alternative for me.
Bad news, I've had 3 Sabres in the last week, the first one had double click problem, the second one didn't even work at all, and the 3rd one seems to have double click problem. I think something wrong with the quality control.

Old 01-03-2015, 03:36 PM
bignick277's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750753
bignick277 Reputation: 10

Yup, I'm having the same issue. Double-clicks on single click. Happens frequently, but randomly. It's not every single click that results in a double. Some do, some don't. The mouse worked flawlessly the first couple days I used it. But now, the problem has occurred frequently. But it does seem to come and go for me. I have noticed recently, that it seems to be doing it, much more frequently when I'm gaming and using my Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset. When I originally got the headset, it forced me to take AnyDVD off autostart otherwise I would get popping audio. Still have no idea why. And I get occasional slowdown and audio lag when using the headset as well. And this issue with the mouse didn't start until I started using the headset while gaming while using the mouse. I wonder if there might be a conflict between the 2 devices causing the issue. I will do further testing along this front for the meantime. I'll report when I have more concrete info. Out of curiosity, are any of you who are experiencing this issue, experiencing it while gaming while using either a USB headset or Corsair USB headset? If you guys are, then it would further help establish a correlation if there is one.

EDIT: Managed to rule out my headset as a possible source of my issue. But I did manage to get tangible testable results through more troubleshooting. But we'll need more people testing what I've found to be sure. I've written up a new thread for the possible fix. You'll find it here:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136173

Last edited by bignick277; 01-03-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Dmeister406's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750836

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignick277 View Post
Yup, I'm having the same issue. Double-clicks on single click. Happens frequently, but randomly. It's not every single click that results in a double. Some do, some don't. The mouse worked flawlessly the first couple days I used it. But now, the problem has occurred frequently. But it does seem to come and go for me. I have noticed recently, that it seems to be doing it, much more frequently when I'm gaming and using my Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset. When I originally got the headset, it forced me to take AnyDVD off autostart otherwise I would get popping audio. Still have no idea why. And I get occasional slowdown and audio lag when using the headset as well. And this issue with the mouse didn't start until I started using the headset while gaming while using the mouse. I wonder if there might be a conflict between the 2 devices causing the issue. I will do further testing along this front for the meantime. I'll report when I have more concrete info. Out of curiosity, are any of you who are experiencing this issue, experiencing it while gaming while using either a USB headset or Corsair USB headset? If you guys are, then it would further help establish a correlation if there is one.

EDIT: Managed to rule out my headset as a possible source of my issue. But I did manage to get tangible testable results through more troubleshooting. But we'll need more people testing what I've found to be sure. I've written up a new thread for the possible fix. You'll find it here:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136173
The above is certainly worth a try. When I raised a ticket with Corsair directly; reporting the issue, this is the reply they sent me. Fairly unequivocal:

"Hello,

Mouse needs replacement.

Initiate an exchange with the vendor if you bought it within the last month.

Please attach a copy of your original receipt/invoice in the attachment section below. We will validate your warranty and keep as a record to better assist you in the future. Thank you."

Old 01-04-2015, 11:52 AM

POST ID # = 750951
Qes Reputation: 10

It's a firmware problem, not a hardware problem (according to Corsair).

I submitted a ticket regarding the issue early last week and was given means to fix it. I don't want to share it without their permission, so I'd suggest you submit a ticket if you're seeing the problem.

Old 01-04-2015, 01:45 PM
bignick277's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750963

Fair enough. If it is definitely a firmware issue, then that would be great for them to fix it. However, it's determining how the mouse firmware is causing this issue. Because as I described in that post, when I tried the mouse on my laptop, the issue didn't exist. When I put it back on my computer, the issue returned. Now this would normally indicate that the issue is with the computer, not the mouse (which is where the firmware resides). So since your message, and after uninstalling and reinstalling the CUE software as I highlighted in my post, the issue is gone for me. Now this would normally indicate an issue with the software, but if Corsair are confirming that it is a firmware issue, I suppose that could be the case if the issue is localized to an issue with the mouse's firmware not playing nice with the Corsair specific driver on the computer or vice versa. An issue that may not exist between the mouse and the Windows default drivers. That's very possible, in which case the logical step to take would be uninstall the CUE software after setting your settings and running the mouse in hardware mode only, until Corsair can release the solution.

The problem is though, that due to the nature of this issue. The somewhat intermittence of it. The way it can look fixed and then rear it's ugly head again hours, days and even weeks later in some instances based on my research. As if it's a delayed issue instigated through continued use. There's no reliable way to test short term to confirm the issue is actually resolved. That's why even in my post, I refused to claim it was an actual fix. Only a possible one that unfortunately can only be confirmed over protracted testing. Due to this fact of the issue, even with a firmware update from Corsair, it's only going to be able to be a confirmed fix "after" protracted testing. This is why the best way to test is from multiple fronts. If you're one of the lucky ones to get a beta firmware, then by all means, test from that front. If you're not able to get the beta firmware and want a solution, even a possibly temporary one. Then I've provided a testable solution that may be of help to these people for the interim until Corsair release the firmware fix.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:03 AM
Stormcrown's PC Specs

POST ID # = 751032
Stormcrown Reputation: 10

One tip someone gave to me with M65 is to mash the left button.

Like, with a bit of force.

Surprisingly this resolved my issue for the last few hours.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:32 PM

POST ID # = 751256

Op back again, after a couple days now it seems that the "double click" is happening randomly meaning sometimes it will happen sometimes it wont. I really dont no how a big name company like corsair allow such an issue like this to continue happening. i will be re installing the utlitly engine as well also do you guys recommend that i also uninstall the corsair gaming headset software ?!?!?!?!

Old 01-05-2015, 10:15 PM
bignick277's PC Specs

POST ID # = 751273

I tested this as well and it didn't make any discernible difference in my case. But it may be worth it to update the headset software as well. It won't hurt to cover all bases in any case. I updated mine as well. Oh, and I responded to your post in my thread as well. Hope it helps.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:25 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 751285
Corsair James Reputation: 75

I posted this response in a separate thread but here it is again:

Hi all, we have resolved the double click issue through a new FW update so most of this won't be necessary. It is being tested in validations to ensure it didn't break anything, but if anyone has the double click issue and would like to try the FW as a beta, contact our tech support or PM me and I can pass it forward.