The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 93 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-16-2014, 01:29 PM

POST ID # = 715403
Rinderbrust Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitykh View Post
dont quote me but, i think the k95 rgb will only come in red

and k70 rgb will come in red only initially, then blue/browns at a later time
Can we get an official quote on this? I was really looking to buy the K95 RGB with Blues and don't mind waiting. Would be really bummed if it only came with Reds.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:08 PM
bmxer4l1fe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 715430
bmxer4l1fe Reputation: 10

i just want to request a K65 variant. Also is there going to be the brushed aluminum and black anodized aluminum variants?

also, i would personally prefer all the vengeance series keyboards have the same top row buttons (media buttons etc.) I understand this probably increases the expense of the product and dont mind.

i also like keyboards with a USB pass through(or hub).

thanks for the great work.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:42 AM
piiman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 715463
piiman Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinderbrust View Post
Can we get an official quote on this? I was really looking to buy the K95 RGB with Blues and don't mind waiting. Would be really bummed if it only came with Reds.

No its not true.

Google Computex Corsair RGB or go back a few post and listen to the link I posted.

To sum up what you will hear:
Late July for Red MX K70 RGB for 169.99 and to follow in late August K95 189.99 The K70 with blues and browns will follow also in August for 169.99

Last edited by piiman; 06-19-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:17 AM

POST ID # = 715485
sherry Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by piiman View Post
Late July for Red MX K70 RGB for 169.99 and to follow in late August K95 and K70 with Reds, blues and browns 189.99
What two same models, K70, only different switch colors, 20$ difference? Then I will not buy it, I can wait for the other companies using cherry rgb switches.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:34 AM

POST ID # = 715486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Unfortunately, we cannot share any details at this time about either the KB or software. Those orders come from THE TOP. We'll release everything we can ASAP.
Great, you can tell back to THE TOP, if the color programming is NOT possible without using your software, I will not buy it. The more we can do our own programming without your, probably crappy, limitations, the more I will buy it. For example, will it be possible, to define the color behaviour of ALL keys, when pushing or holding some buttons? Holding one button defines not only its own colors but the other keys, too. All the waves, ripples or what not I do not need. Give maximum programmability, with or without blinking, where the user can program it to their wishes. This will allow great musical controller creations. Think of Ableton Push or better Pfush. Or some financial market feedback system, or any state feedback.

Tell THE TOP, color programming needs following settings per key:
1. start color as rgb values
2. blinking rate in hz
3. brightness
4. (optional) end color as rgb values
5. (optional) time to reach end color from start color in seconds, meaning we have a color fading, example: start with white and end with black in 10 seconds. This can be useful for longer fade in or fade out processes.
6. setting the colors via midi or OSC!!!

In short there should be state based colors, for all keys, and changing states happening with pushing, holding, toggling single keys or key combinations.

Last edited by sherry; 06-17-2014 at 03:45 AM.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:06 AM

POST ID # = 715489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinomatic View Post
In his video, Linus says at (4 mins in) that the whole keyboard is programmable - is that correct? I'm talking in terms of re-mapping keys and macros, not the lighting.
I just wanted to make sure as if that's the case, it would likely be worth waiting for.

Mechanical keyboards don't seem to have a lot of options and variety when it comes to including macro keys and/or the ability to remap existing keys. Of course there are keyboards with macro keys, but there are other things to consider (i.e K95 is too big for the space, some competitor keyboards have a single strip of macros but are ugly as sin, have no backlight or are known to have bad build quality) Having the whole keyboard being re-mappable would be perfect e.g. I don't really care about having a numpad, so I could just remap that as a whole bank of macros.
You can reprogram anything as you wish, simply use AutoHotkey.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:35 PM
jstorms's PC Specs

POST ID # = 715571
jstorms Reputation: 10

I can't wait!!! I program Christmas lights to music and can't wait to put my hands on this keyboard.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:59 AM

POST ID # = 715609

Whab about transparent keycaps, for more lightning show? Too much light, then? You could offer a special set, something like: K70 RGB + additional transparent keycaps = special price, cheaper than bought separately, or something.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:28 AM
Sinomatic's PC Specs

POST ID # = 715624
Sinomatic Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
You can reprogram anything as you wish, simply use AutoHotkey.
I'm well aware of that possibility, but if I'm going to drop £100+ on a keyboard then I'd quite like it to have these features built-in with straight-forward software.

Anyway, the K70 rgb has been confirmed as having totally reprogrammable keys on its product page when it was announced

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:24 AM

POST ID # = 715629

No. They should only make the colors programmable, via midi and OSC included. The rest is already possible elsewhere, as mentioned via AutoHotkey. Their built in system can never reach the power AutoHotkey offers.

Old 06-19-2014, 04:31 AM
Impatience's PC Specs

POST ID # = 715750
Impatience Reputation: 10

I'd like to add in a buying pledge for an RGB K65! ESPECIALLY if it has a USB Pass-Through. That would make it THE perfect keyboard for an ITX build on a small desk!

Old 06-19-2014, 04:02 PM
piiman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 715811
piiman Reputation: 20

Quote:
What two same models, K70, only different switch colors, 20$ difference? Then I will not buy it, I can wait for the other companies using cherry rgb switches.
opps sorry about that the k70 is only the different switches its still 169.99

Old 06-23-2014, 06:33 AM
Sinomatic's PC Specs

POST ID # = 716211
Sinomatic Reputation: 10

Quote:
No. They should only make the colors programmable, via midi and OSC included. The rest is already possible elsewhere, as mentioned via AutoHotkey. Their built in system can never reach the power AutoHotkey offers.
I wasn't asking for the most powerful program, I was asking for something for ease of use - setting up some macros shouldn't require going to a third party program, particularly on a keyboard that appears to have been designed with wider appeal in mind. Having some built-in macro capability doesn't preclude the possibility of people then going on to use autohotkey should they need something more powerful and versatile.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:03 PM

POST ID # = 716242

Yes, true, I usually hit the limits quite fast of such simplified built-in features.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:44 PM
jstorms's PC Specs

POST ID # = 716681
jstorms Reputation: 10

I'm teaching how to program RGB Christmas lights at two Christmas light conferences this month. Nothing would be cooler than having this keyboard for this event. I could charge people $0.50 just to touch it.

I need this keyboard like I need to pee.