The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old 10-18-2017, 11:13 PM
SpeedyV SpeedyV is offline
Registered User
SpeedyV's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 417
POST ID # = 923768
SpeedyV Reputation: 41
Default

Yeah the last and latest Link software and CLCP / CLNP firmware update release went so well that Corsair had to issue regression instructions and post links to the previous versions within a few days. Read through the sticky Link release thread at the top of the page and you will start to see what is going on with Corsair software /firmware.

I wish I could help you. There used to be a guy on this forum who is an expert on Link and it's many problems. He even reverse engineered all the control protocols and wrote a Link device control program that is much more powerful and efficient than Link. Sadly, Corsair banned him a few weeks ago. He would have had you straightened out in a few posts. Now you will have to rely on Corsair. Good luck.

Here is a link to a thread about this alternative Link control software (called SIV). It's a bit overwhelming at first glance but if you read down there is a (long) list of things SIV can do that Link can't.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=140665

One thing I will bet - It's a software and/or firmware issue - not hardware.

By the way - His name (Corsair Link Product Manager - not the banned Link expert) is Dustin, not Justin...

Last edited by SpeedyV; 10-18-2017 at 11:21 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #17  
Old 10-19-2017, 06:09 AM
xldeane xldeane is offline
Registered User
xldeane's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 54
POST ID # = 923793
xldeane Reputation: 10
Default

You know Speedy, I think you are correct. They are trying to blame complete failure of RGB lighting system on a dodgy LED.. I am seriously thinking about pulling this lot out and sending it back to Scan and getting my money back. The amount of Hardware I have stopped out and I’m still having problems it HAS to be a software issue...
Reply With Quote


  #18  
Old 10-19-2017, 07:01 AM
SpeedyV SpeedyV is offline
Registered User
SpeedyV's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 417
POST ID # = 923795
SpeedyV Reputation: 41
Default

Here is a typical Link new release thread. The 2nd post is from the Link expert. He kept a running list of known issues and every time they would release an updated version he would check his bug list to see what really got fixed. Usually it was not very much, and then there are the new bugs like LED brightness only works for values of 0, 33%, 66%, and 100%, fans will STOP if a fan curve results in any RPM value that is 256 or a multiple (has to do with lower byte being 0). These 2 are still unresolved AFAIK. Oh and don't try running Link 4.9 with HWINFO64 or AIDA64 because Corsair removed the SMB Buss interlock mutex so now query collisions happen causing all sorts of intermittent issues. This has been going on for YEARS (until they banned him).

I only use his utility - SIV - to control my Link hardware and it works flawlessly. I gave up on Link long ago. I don't even try new releases. No reason to.

Welcome to the truth. Enjoy.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=167913

Last edited by SpeedyV; 10-19-2017 at 07:03 AM.
Reply With Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
  #19  
Old 10-19-2017, 12:10 PM
xldeane xldeane is offline
Registered User
xldeane's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 54
POST ID # = 923829
xldeane Reputation: 10
Default Wellwhat do I do now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyV View Post
Here is a typical Link new release thread. The 2nd post is from the Link expert. He kept a running list of known issues and every time they would release an updated version he would check his bug list to see what really got fixed. Usually it was not very much, and then there are the new bugs like LED brightness only works for values of 0, 33%, 66%, and 100%, fans will STOP if a fan curve results in any RPM value that is 256 or a multiple (has to do with lower byte being 0). These 2 are still unresolved AFAIK. Oh and don't try running Link 4.9 with HWINFO64 or AIDA64 because Corsair removed the SMB Buss interlock mutex so now query collisions happen causing all sorts of intermittent issues. This has been going on for YEARS (until they banned him).

I only use his utility - SIV - to control my Link hardware and it works flawlessly. I gave up on Link long ago. I don't even try new releases. No reason to.




Welcome to the truth. Enjoy.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=167913
Is the guy your talking about Red ray by any chance ? I have been reading loads of his posts... the man's a super geek, instead of banning him from what I can read they should employ him.

I am majorly disappointed with Corsair products and there software tbh. I always thought they were a solid company with good backup. Christ they charge enough, there gear isn't cheap and some of it is of outstanding quality, but the support is shocking.

I cant even get a reply to my post or the ticket I put in.....

I feel now I am going to find another solution to my cooling and lighting. Corsair you have let yourself down BADLY..



Deane
Reply With Quote


  #20  
Old 10-19-2017, 01:15 PM
Corsair Dustin's Avatar
Corsair Dustin Corsair Dustin is offline
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,100
POST ID # = 923851
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41
Default

Respectfully, I've replied to your threads every day. I can't sit here and monitor the forums 24/7. Every morning during the work week I come in, check the forum, do what I can, and then I go about managing products.

Ray was banned because while he was useful a lot of the time, he was also incredibly toxic. We've had users leave the forums because of him. Nobody gave - or received - more negative rep on the forums than he did. There was a lot that went on behind the scenes here that also contributed to us finally banning him.

We get back to tickets and forum posts within 24 hours. I'll ping customer service and have them look into your ticket.

And yes, my name is Dustin with a D, and I took over Corsair Link in March. I oversee software and firmware releases, but I didn't architect Link as it presently exists, I'm just responsible for fixing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xldeane View Post
Is the guy your talking about Red ray by any chance ? I have been reading loads of his posts... the man's a super geek, instead of banning him from what I can read they should employ him.

I am majorly disappointed with Corsair products and there software tbh. I always thought they were a solid company with good backup. Christ they charge enough, there gear isn't cheap and some of it is of outstanding quality, but the support is shocking.

I cant even get a reply to my post or the ticket I put in.....

I feel now I am going to find another solution to my cooling and lighting. Corsair you have let yourself down BADLY..



Deane
__________________
Corsair DIY & Gaming Systems Architect
Product Manager for Cooling


Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #21  
Old 10-19-2017, 06:10 PM
SpeedyV SpeedyV is offline
Registered User
SpeedyV's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 417
POST ID # = 923878
SpeedyV Reputation: 41
Default Yes - The Famous, One & Only RED-RAY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xldeane View Post
Is the guy your talking about Red ray by any chance ? I have been reading loads of his posts... the man's a super geek, instead of banning him from what I can read they should employ him.
Yes I was referring to Red Ray. I see that Dustin has responded with some information about why Ray was banned. This is the first post since that has happened that I have seen anyone from Corsair actually acknowledge that it happened or offer any insight into why. All I know is he was suddenly banned with no explanation (until now).

It's not my place to get into the middle of that as it is between Red Ray and Corsair. All I know is the guy is brilliant and has a very deep understanding of Link, the hardware, software and firmware that make it all go. He helped many many people on this forum and it is frustrating to me when I read posts from people with problems that I know he could resolve.

That said, I see that Dustin and other Corsair reps are doing their best to respond to everyone which is a good thing. I just see a lot of advice that is basically like "Huh - that's weird. You must have gotten a bad one. RMA it and we will send you a new one."when I am 99.9% sure that the problem is not hardware based. Ray would know for sure but Ray is not available to us anymore so Corsair has to do their best to carry on, which they appear to be doing. I realize that does not solve your problem. Good luck whatever happens.
Reply With Quote


  #22  
Old 10-19-2017, 10:36 PM
xldeane xldeane is offline
Registered User
xldeane's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 54
POST ID # = 923893
xldeane Reputation: 10
Default

My apologise for not getting your name correct, that's the age and the eye sight. OK.. everything being said its time to sort out my Fan problems (Hopefully)
Does the Lighting Node Pro suffer from the same problems as the Lighting Hub and the Commander Pro ?
I have a new Commander Pro and Lighting Node coming today. Should I update any of the firmware on either or just leave then be ? Also what version of Link do you recomend I should use to run fans and now lighting strips ?

Should I d/l Link and then fit hardware or hardware first then d/l Link ??

Is there any order to connect up Commander Pro, Lighting Node, Fans, LED strips. in that order. USB TO MB then SATA power leads. OR just connect it all up and flick the switch ??? lol

Thanks
Deane
Reply With Quote


  #23  
Old 10-19-2017, 10:38 PM
Zotty's Avatar
Zotty Zotty is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South Staffordshire, England, UK
Posts: 3,050
POST ID # = 923894
Zotty Reputation: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyV View Post
This is the first post since that has happened that I have seen anyone from Corsair actually acknowledge that it happened or offer any insight into why. All I know is he was suddenly banned with no explanation (until now).
its at least the 4th time admin have had to explain about ray along side the sticky that was put in 'general' the day he got booted... all's not lost as your over on his google support group anyways arnt you? ;)

anyways...

Hope you got sorted XL... be a shame to see you send that personalised 570x back dude....
Reply With Quote


  #24  
Old 10-19-2017, 10:39 PM
xldeane xldeane is offline
Registered User
xldeane's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 54
POST ID # = 923895
xldeane Reputation: 10
Default

Dustin.... Having been called in to sort this lot out, I hope they are paying you well if not THEY SHOULD BE !!!
Reply With Quote


  #25  
Old 10-19-2017, 10:41 PM
Zotty's Avatar
Zotty Zotty is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South Staffordshire, England, UK
Posts: 3,050
POST ID # = 923896
Zotty Reputation: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xldeane View Post
My apologise for not getting your name correct, that's the age and the eye sight. OK.. everything being said its time to sort out my Fan problems (Hopefully)
Does the Lighting Node Pro suffer from the same problems as the Lighting Hub and the Commander Pro ?
I have a new Commander Pro and Lighting Node coming today. Should I update any of the firmware on either or just leave then be ? Also what version of Link do you recomend I should use to run fans and now lighting strips ?

Should I d/l Link and then fit hardware or hardware first then d/l Link ??

Is there any order to connect up Commander Pro, Lighting Node, Fans, LED strips. in that order. USB TO MB then SATA power leads. OR just connect it all up and flick the switch ??? lol

Thanks
Deane
i dont think there is any order dude.. cant recall how i did mine... but i did the wifes a few weeks back.. Commander pro.. strips and 6 fans... i just turned it off.. fitted all the items.. restarted and downloaded link.....
Reply With Quote


  #26  
Old 10-19-2017, 10:43 PM
xldeane xldeane is offline
Registered User
xldeane's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 54
POST ID # = 923897
xldeane Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
Hope you got sorted XL... be a shame to see you send that personalised 570x back dude....
I can soon fit another name plate in there Zotty, that's mechanical not electrical, I'm fine with the mechanical stuff :)

xl...out
Reply With Quote


  #27  
Old 10-19-2017, 10:50 PM
Zotty's Avatar
Zotty Zotty is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South Staffordshire, England, UK
Posts: 3,050
POST ID # = 923898
Zotty Reputation: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xldeane View Post
I can soon fit another name plate in there Zotty, that's mechanical not electrical, I'm fine with the mechanical stuff :)

xl...out
lol you could... but would you want to?.. best looking case on the market IMHO... not that i'm biased lol.......
Reply With Quote


  #28  
Old 10-19-2017, 11:21 PM
Technobeard's Avatar
Technobeard Technobeard is offline
Bearded Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,286
POST ID # = 923901
Technobeard Reputation: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xldeane View Post
I cant even get a reply to my post or the ticket I put in.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
We get back to tickets and forum posts within 24 hours. I'll ping customer service and have them look into your ticket.
xldeane, I see that you have 2 tickets and both were responded to within 24 hours.
__________________
“Humor is reason gone mad.” - Groucho Marx
"I suggest a full frontal assault with automated laser monkeys, scalpel mines and acid." - Psychotic potato dwarf
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, especially simian ones. They are not all that subtle." - Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote


  #29  
Old 10-20-2017, 04:32 PM
Corsair Dustin's Avatar
Corsair Dustin Corsair Dustin is offline
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,100
POST ID # = 923953
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xldeane View Post
My apologise for not getting your name correct, that's the age and the eye sight. OK.. everything being said its time to sort out my Fan problems (Hopefully)
Does the Lighting Node Pro suffer from the same problems as the Lighting Hub and the Commander Pro ?
I have a new Commander Pro and Lighting Node coming today. Should I update any of the firmware on either or just leave then be ? Also what version of Link do you recomend I should use to run fans and now lighting strips ?

Should I d/l Link and then fit hardware or hardware first then d/l Link ??

Is there any order to connect up Commander Pro, Lighting Node, Fans, LED strips. in that order. USB TO MB then SATA power leads. OR just connect it all up and flick the switch ??? lol

Thanks
Deane
So there's no specific order, but if I were in your shoes, I would do it like this:

1. Commander Pro's USB to MB USB header, Commander Pro's SATA power lead to PSU

2. Lighting Node Pro's USB to Commander Pro's USB header, Lighting Node Pro's SATA power lead to PSU

3. LED strips to one channel of either the Commander Pro or the Lighting Node Pro

4. RGB Fan Hub's 3-pin cable to one channel of either the Commander Pro or the Lighting Node Pro, RGB Fan Hub's SATA power lead to PSU

5. Each fan's PWM connector to a fan header on the Commander Pro, and each fan's LED connector to the RGB Fan Hub. Note that fans need to be plugged in *in order,* which is why the fan ports on the Hub are numbered.

6. To ensure painless operation, install Link 4.7.0.77 after everything is connected internally. Reboot.

7. Click "Configure" on the Commander Pro and/or Lighting Node Pro, depending on what's connected where, and set the correct number and type of devices on the configuration pages. Make sure to click "Apply."

After this, you should ostensibly be good.
__________________
Corsair DIY & Gaming Systems Architect
Product Manager for Cooling


Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.
Reply With Quote


  #30  
Old 10-21-2017, 12:49 AM
xldeane xldeane is offline
Registered User
xldeane's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 54
POST ID # = 923997
xldeane Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
xldeane, I see that you have 2 tickets and both were responded to within 24 hours.
Both Tickets received an Automated Response the following day, saying a member of Corsair staff would be in contact with me within 48 hours. Its too late now it has gone back to Scan for refund...but thanks for taking the trouble to look at my case. Much appreciated. ;)


xl....out
Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.