The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2018, 12:23 PM
dsullivan539's PC Specs

POST ID # = 967841
dsullivan539 Reputation: 10
Default Corsair RGB strips not lighting at all with LNP

I bought the RGB strip expansion kit to pair with my LNP. Plugged into LNP channel 1 or 2 the strips do not light at all.

I have 5 fans connected to the corsair fan hub connected to the LNP that light up and are fully controllable from either channel on the LNP. The LNP came with my fans when I bought the 2x 140ML RGB + LNP package on amazon.

I've tried connecting all 4 strips daisy chained to either channel on the LNP with no results. I've tried multiple strips just a single strip connected to either channel on the LNP but no bueno.

I've gone into CUE and added the channel for the strips and tried to turn them on that while while connected to the LNP but no luck.

Help?

Old 08-09-2018, 01:57 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 967855
solarity Reputation: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsullivan539 View Post
I bought the RGB strip expansion kit to pair with my LNP. Plugged into LNP channel 1 or 2 the strips do not light at all.

I have 5 fans connected to the corsair fan hub connected to the LNP that light up and are fully controllable from either channel on the LNP. The LNP came with my fans when I bought the 2x 140ML RGB + LNP package on amazon.

I've tried connecting all 4 strips daisy chained to either channel on the LNP with no results. I've tried multiple strips just a single strip connected to either channel on the LNP but no bueno.

I've gone into CUE and added the channel for the strips and tried to turn them on that while while connected to the LNP but no luck.

Help?
If plug in the strips into a port where the fans were configured and not getting anything, that means one or more strips are faulty. Try each strip individually. It seems when people have issues like this, they always got the problematic part from Amazon. I bet kids or blowing the strips with a 12v header, then "return them". I would contact Amazon for an exchange if you tested in the manner I suggested.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:58 PM
dsullivan539's PC Specs

POST ID # = 967861

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarity View Post
If plug in the strips into a port where the fans were configured and not getting anything, that means one or more strips are faulty. Try each strip individually. It seems when people have issues like this, they always got the problematic part from Amazon. I bet kids or blowing the strips with a 12v header, then "return them". I would contact Amazon for an exchange if you tested in the manner I suggested.
Hmm so I am not doing anything wrong, I was getting really confused. I've tried 2 of the strips just plugging the strip itself directly into the LNP and they do not come on at all.

Looks like I'll be getting an exchange from amazon....

Old 08-09-2018, 04:12 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 967867
solarity Reputation: 33

Quote:
Hmm so I am not doing anything wrong, I was getting really confused. I've tried 2 of the strips just plugging the strip itself directly into the LNP and they do not come on at all.

Looks like I'll be getting an exchange from amazon....
The strips are a very simple device. If the fans are working fine connected to the same port, on the same LNP, with the same settings in iCUE, then you plug in the strips and the strips don't work. This means your strips are the problem. The LEDs in all but the SP-120 match throughout all the fans and strips. The only difference is really how many LEDs in each device and changing the device type in iCue changes the count and this is how you get the organized effects.

It is looking like something is wrong the strips. Though if anything I said seems different than what you tried, then give that shot.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:30 PM
dsullivan539's PC Specs

POST ID # = 968134

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarity View Post
The strips are a very simple device. If the fans are working fine connected to the same port, on the same LNP, with the same settings in iCUE, then you plug in the strips and the strips don't work. This means your strips are the problem. The LEDs in all but the SP-120 match throughout all the fans and strips. The only difference is really how many LEDs in each device and changing the device type in iCue changes the count and this is how you get the organized effects.

It is looking like something is wrong the strips. Though if anything I said seems different than what you tried, then give that shot.
So amazon sent replacement strips. These ones I've also hooked up to the LNP, tried both slots - again fans still work perfectly hooked into either channel.

The lights on the strips come on and flicker, seems like they are trying to work but just flicker the colors they should be showing. Even set to just statitc red the lights flicker on/off like 5x a second.

Super frustrating at this point I wonder if it's the LNP at fault.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:44 PM
dsullivan539's PC Specs

POST ID # = 968136

Quote:
So amazon sent replacement strips. These ones I've also hooked up to the LNP, tried both slots - again fans still work perfectly hooked into either channel.

The lights on the strips come on and flicker, seems like they are trying to work but just flicker the colors they should be showing. Even set to just statitc red the lights flicker on/off like 5x a second.

Super frustrating at this point I wonder if it's the LNP at fault.
So I swapped the LNP out for the spare I had because I bot 2 2packs of those fans. The strips now work perfectly on the new LNP.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:47 AM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 968192
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

So LNP #1 is not functioning properly. Have you tried updating it's firmware? Just re-flashing the current version may cause it to start working properly. Maybe worth a try before RMA process.

Tags
lighting node pro, rgb led stip