The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2017, 03:37 PM

POST ID # = 898096
HardcoreHolly Reputation: 10
Default K55 setting macro keys

I just recently got myself the K55 RGB keyboard. It's great for what I wanted it for except I cannot see to get the macros to set up. I'm looking to set them to open my email, calculator and maybe even a web browser.
Any solutions as to how to get this to work.
Thank you.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:52 AM

POST ID # = 898149
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

I don't believe the K55 is capable of being assigned to do 'advanced' operations out of box.

You will probably have better luck by assigning a key combination to open a application using third party software like AutoHotKey or something similar.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:07 PM

POST ID # = 899489
SiouxChief Reputation: 12

I just got one of the Corsair K55 keyboards too, mainly because of the Macro keys. I used to love them on the Gateway 2000 computers I used to have, back in their heyday.

The macro keys can do all the things you've listed. It's simple. Just hit the MR button on the keyboard (which you'll find towards the very top of the keyboard, to the right of the "CORSAIR" logo.

After hitting the MR button, you'll see a white light slow-blinking. Then hit the macro key you wish to program (one of the G1 - G6 keys). Then, type anything at all with the keyboard, and when you're done, hit the MR button again to save the macro.

To do something like launch the calculator, you can use the Windows-R key combination (windows key then R) to bring up the launch window, and type the program you wish to launch. This can be the calculator, or iexplore.exe if you want to launch IE, or anything else.

For example, to set the G2 key to launch the calculator, do this:
  1. Press the MR button. M light begins to slowly flash
  2. Press the G2 macro key. The M light will flash rapidly to indicate macro recording has started
  3. Hold down the windows key and then press R
  4. Type "calc" into the run dialog and press ENTER
  5. Hit the MR button again to stop the macro recording.

That's really all there is to it! Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreHolly View Post
I just recently got myself the K55 RGB keyboard. It's great for what I wanted it for except I cannot see to get the macros to set up. I'm looking to set them to open my email, calculator and maybe even a web browser.
Any solutions as to how to get this to work.
Thank you.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:25 AM

POST ID # = 899648
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

If you are not aware, Corsair Utility Engine now has support for the K55 according to the changelog though i don't know what capabilities are available.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=167146

Old 11-14-2017, 01:40 PM

POST ID # = 926302
igobyandrew Reputation: 10

So I just got this too and was wondering if it's possible to use the G keys for shortcut keys in Adobe Premiere and After Effects? Would anyone know if that's possible and how to do it?

Thanks!

Old 02-24-2018, 06:40 PM

POST ID # = 942098
upsidedownjim Reputation: 10
Default K55 Profiles using CUE software?

Just to piggy-back on the last comment - I'm, also, looking to know if the K55 is capable of having macros from multiple programs using the CUE software or can you only record 5 macros on-the-fly?

Also, does the K55 have per-key customization for all keys, and, if so, can you have multi-key combinations to start a macro or custom text?

If I can only customize one key then it isn't super useful for situations where you also need to type the regular key function. For example, if I assign the "1" key to start a macro then I can't type the number "1" when needed. However, if I could type "shift+1" to launch the macro than the "1" key can still be used regularly.

Would the K70 or K95 do the above?

Thanks for any help provided!

Old 03-21-2018, 08:00 PM

POST ID # = 945923
tif.lain Reputation: 10
Default Macros aren't working after recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxChief View Post
That's really all there is to it! Have fun.
So, I downloaded the utility software and programmed a couple macros..didn't work.
I even used the record function straight on the keyboard, per your instructions above..didn't work.
I've tried a variation of macros (key strokes, launch programs, mouse clicks)

On the utility software, it shows the macro and to which key it was assigned, but it still doesn't seem to be working/doing anything.

What am I missing? Is there another key I'm supposed to use before, or at the same time as the designated G-key?

Old 03-21-2018, 10:52 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 945938
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

If you bind G1 to a simple remap of "a", does it output correctly in a notepad or word doc? Also, are you showing any errors in CUE?

Old 03-22-2018, 06:54 PM

POST ID # = 946070
tif.lain Reputation: 10
Default Re: Macros aren't working after recording

No. Tried remapping G3 to A. no luck. And I don't see an error cue to check.

Last edited by tif.lain; 03-22-2018 at 06:56 PM. Reason: added information

Old 03-31-2018, 12:39 AM

POST ID # = 947792
Macro problem Reputation: 10
Default Can't seem to get macros to work

I have been playing around now for a few hours - but no luck. I hardly ever log on to forums as mostly I can find a solution - but not this time.
I have a K95 RGB keyboard with 18 G keys. I was hoping to be able to program a G key to be able to do something like open a word file and save it in a folder.

A few times I thought I was close - but it did not like it with hanging on my video controller software and a few other crazy beeps.

Am I not able to do what I have asked without major coding entries? Do I have to use hotkeys and link vba code as described above??

Thanks to any advice on this - as I say I have looked and tried.