The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x > CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2017, 08:57 PM

POST ID # = 906273
ScotKitty Reputation: 10
Default Profiles regular vs advanced mode

So I tried downloading a few profiles form corsairs website and had issues trying to get them to work. Then I saw someone suggest to switch CUE to advanced to get them to work and then the lights turned on. But... If I leave advanced switched on then my other profiles dont light up when they switch. Is there some trick to this that I dont know?

Old 05-31-2017, 10:15 AM
Rotten Soul

POST ID # = 906320
Lupo Marcio Reputation: 10

Not really, you've to switch between regular and advanced when needed, as far as I know.
There isn't any advice that explicit to CUE what mode to use.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:14 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 906330
krazykid Reputation: 59
Send a message via Skype™ to krazykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotKitty View Post
So I tried downloading a few profiles form corsairs website and had issues trying to get them to work. Then I saw someone suggest to switch CUE to advanced to get them to work and then the lights turned on. But... If I leave advanced switched on then my other profiles dont light up when they switch. Is there some trick to this that I dont know?
Standard mode is just for the preset effects. Like Visor and all that.. Advanced is so you can switch over to user made stuff like my profiles and Schwitz profiles, also Lupo Marcio has been making some cool stuff ;)

Old 06-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 906579
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotKitty View Post
Standard mode can be used to combine preset effects. Like Visor and all that.. If your existing definitions are only on basic, then you are limiting yourself to a few profiles from Corsair's website that have lighting effect definitions in standard mode, such as my Order versus Chaos profile.

A good way to preview whether a profile has useful definitions in Advanced or in Standard mode are to use CUE 2's RGB Share feature, accessible from the "Download Custom Profiles" menu shown when you click your profile on the upper-left of the CUE 2 screen. When previewing a profile, switch the mode back and forth between Advanced and Basic.

Generally, I define all my own profiles to be useful both in Standard and Advanced mode, but not all profile creators do this, and most of them choose to work only in Advanced mode.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:15 AM
Zardoz66's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906848
Zardoz66 Reputation: 10

I only use advanced mode, I dont really see the use for non-advanced as it really just confuses people most of the time.