The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2018, 03:29 AM
KraftyTO's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971970
KraftyTO Reputation: 10

Hi am new to forum how do i make a post or get a reply sorry to bother you but i am trying to find out where I find my part # for my SCIMITAR PRO RGB GAMING MOUSE.

Old 11-27-2018, 05:39 AM

POST ID # = 982294
REKX Reputation: 10

Honestly this is bloody ridiculous, I'm not happy at all.

The mouse buttons are NOT WORKING!!!!!!.

Can anyone suggest what to do?

Old 11-27-2018, 02:17 PM
Apophis3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982381
Apophis3 Reputation: 12

I get this on occasion with my Dark Core. I fix it my doing a repair install of iCUE. There are more than one driver installed for the mice, and the side buttons have their own device driver entry. If the side buttons stop working, it's because the driver isn't running.

Old 11-27-2018, 02:41 PM
Diddy64's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982393
Diddy64 Reputation: 10

I have contacted Corsair and the first 2 emails were shockingly generic. I know exactly what the problem is and it is easy to fix. I use a Logitech G25 also, setting isolation to off screws up the G25 but all buttons work as is.

Logitech rep said if it a driver issue then it will get done. Yeah right.

Here is my original post

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182223

David.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:51 PM
MrDontCare's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982912
MrDontCare Reputation: 10

Found this solution on youtube on how to get the back and forward button to work again on my Corsair Gaming GLAIVE RGB Mouse. Pretty simple

Last edited by MrDontCare; 11-30-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:24 PM

POST ID # = 983281
MaterialDefendr Reputation: 10
Angry Don't Use Corsair Mice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDontCare View Post
Found this solution on youtube on how to get the back and forward button to work again on my Corsair Gaming GLAIVE RGB Mouse. Pretty simple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x5YFB0fTts
That posting above belongs to a different forum thread.

Meanwhile, I also have a Scimitar RGB mouse that is pretty much a $80 useless item since the side buttons don't work. Last year I tried to map the buttons to certain keys without success. Now I tell gamers to stay away from Corsair mice and go with Logitech.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:26 PM
ahughesit's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983422
ahughesit Reputation: 10

Yeah it's pretty absurd that the buttons aren't natively programmed for the keys 1 through = since it's supposed to be an MMO mouse. The Razer Naga comes like that, but you can still remap any of the keys to perform any function the software allows... When is corsair going to get on board with this? I had to make all 12 actions on, STO, SWTOR, WOW, and it's ridiculous. The other issue I have is that iCue doesn't always pick up the application I'm running and stays at default. STO for example. I have the .exe setup, so it should change the profile as soon as I run STO but it doesn't. Then I have to reorganize my profiles putting STO at the top so it is accepted as the default each time I start a gaming session.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:43 AM

POST ID # = 992728
dwell Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti087 View Post
MY SOLUTION

When the side buttons stop working.

1. Close out of CUE
2. Start menu --> Device Manager --> Human interface Devices --> Uninstall Corsair Composite Virtual Input Device. DO NOT CHECK UNINSTALL SOFTWARE
3. Remove USB then reinsert USB
4. Start up CUE
5. Give it a couple seconds.
Thank you, this solved my issue for now...

Bought my Scimitar mouse in November and today when I turned the computer on, the side buttons suddenly didn't work. Tried rebooting the computer, unplug the mouse, plug it in in other USB ports and update iCUE with no success. Going into the device manager and uninstalling the virtual input device solved the issue.

Three year old issue which Corsair still hasn't addressed? I'll most definitely go back to Logitech when it's time to get a new mouse.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:24 AM
vegabundo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995757
vegabundo Reputation: 10
Default Problem solved here

Hey guys,

(first sorry for my bad english)
after some chatting with Joseph from tech support I managed to solve the problem with my SCIMITAR PRO permanent.

Repairing the software up to 3 times after PC restart was my first solution as well. When starting iCue always an macro error showed up.

Then I recognized that my mouse firmware was 1.10 what is very old. But updating the firmware with iCue always led to iCue crashing.

Joseph told me to update the firmware manually.

1 - Please completely exit out of the Corsair Utility Engine Software
2 - Disconnect the device entirely from your system
3 - Using a paperclip, thumb tack, or thin object, please hold down on the reset button located underneath the device or under the top right weight on the M65 mice.
4 - As it is pressed down, please connect the device to a USB port, still holding the button under the device.
5 - A file explorer pop-up will be displayed showing drive name as CRP_DISABLED (Open it manually if it doesn't through file explorer)
6 - Transfer the bin file that was attached to this ticket over to the CRP_DISABLED drive. Please ensure you first delete the firmware bin file that is on the CRP_DISABLED drive.
7 - Once transferring is complete, disconnect the device, and then reconnect it normally.

Unfortunately I cannot attach the file here for your guys. For that you have to write the support by yourself.
But since I updated the firmware of the Scmitiar everything is working fine again :-)

Appreciation to Joseph from tech support for his patience and that last good hint. I'm happy again :-)

Old 06-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Messenger's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006626
Messenger Reputation: 10
Important Simply turned off / uninstalled iCUE

Posting here because the numeric buttons of my newly installed Corsair Scimitar PRO RGB mouse simply did not work.

I plugged in the new mouse, turned on my PC. Windows 10 detected the new mouse and automatically installed software for it.

On my part, I immediately followed the instruction manual of the Scimitar, downloaded iCUE (since AFAIKnew MMO mouse need software to run their buttons), installed it. Was surprised to find everything but the side buttons worked. Turn on my game (Guild Wars 2) and nothing from the side buttons. Notepad and other non-game programs registered nothing coming from the side buttons as well. Checked for updates, updated, but still nothing. Tried editing my iCUE profile/settings- still nothing. Tried remapping my keys on iCUE- nothing.

I restarted my PC wondering if that was what it needed. In the few moment immediately after logging onto my Windows 10 profile, I quickly turned on Notepad and the number keys did work- but soon didn't. That was around the time I knew my other startup programs turned on. That gave me an idea...

I turned off iCUE. Went to the lower right of my screen, shut it down. And thus the number side keys did work. Notepad, my MMO, also Overwatch- it was fine.

So it seems that iCUE is the problem while Windows 10 can simply dig up the software/driver needed to run my Scimitar mouse without it?

I checked my PC's Devices and Printers in its Control Panel and my mouse is fully listed there; not "mouse" or a similar generic term but a complete "Corsair Gaming Scimitar PRO RGB Gaming Mouse".

I then uninstalled iCUE and restarted my PC. As I'm typing this, the mouse seems to be working just fine without it.

Full disclosure: I'm not at all versed with the finer, higher parts of computer operation. I don't know how to edit the registry, I don't know the finer points of tweaking my OS's settings, I don't even know how to fine tune the graphics settings in my game. I'm a pretty simple guy who likes simple set-ups. I understand that without iCUE, I can't set up anything more complex or even control the LED lighting of the mouse. However, that's fine because I never really did that anyway with my previous mice. Simply having the 1, 2, 3, to 0, -, = of the side buttons is enough for me.

Whatever the case, I hope this helps, whether other Scimitar users who're content with at least the basics of the mouse working or Corsair itself fix the problem.

I will continue to monitor my Scimitar's behavior and will repost here if it stops working or similar.

Last edited by Messenger; 06-02-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Old 08-18-2019, 04:41 PM
diziet's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015040
diziet Reputation: 10

Posting here on the off-chance it helps someone else. My macros/side buttons don't work on the Scimitar Pro; the HW profiles work just fine if I quit iCue.

When i quit iCue the "Corsair composite virtual input device" is visible in Human Interface Devices in device manager. When iCue is open the virtual device is hidden, if I check it it's marked as disconnected (code 45).

To make it work with iCue open and running I have to do this little dance on every boot:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\driver\hid"

Right click the two install files "CorsairVBusDriver" (ignore reboot prompt) and "CorsairVHidDriver" and select install from the context menu. The virtual driver then appears in device manager and mouse works brilliantly. Until the next reboot when I have to do it all over again.

I've opened a ticket with Corsair support to see if there's a more permanent solution.

Aside from this, it's a cracking mouse; but crikey I was about to return it for a refund having spent the best part of a day trying to get it to work. Reading through all the posts in this forum eventually lead me to find this solution to my woes.

Last edited by diziet; 08-19-2019 at 04:53 PM. Reason: No true, profiles switch but no macros.

Old 09-05-2019, 03:07 AM
Velimere's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016935
Velimere Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by diziet View Post
Posting here on the off-chance it helps someone else. My macros/side buttons don't work on the Scimitar Pro; the HW profiles work just fine if I quit iCue.

When i quit iCue the "Corsair composite virtual input device" is visible in Human Interface Devices in device manager. When iCue is open the virtual device is hidden, if I check it it's marked as disconnected (code 45).

To make it work with iCue open and running I have to do this little dance on every boot:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\driver\hid"

Right click the two install files "CorsairVBusDriver" (ignore reboot prompt) and "CorsairVHidDriver" and select install from the context menu. The virtual driver then appears in device manager and mouse works brilliantly. Until the next reboot when I have to do it all over again.

I've opened a ticket with Corsair support to see if there's a more permanent solution.

Aside from this, it's a cracking mouse; but crikey I was about to return it for a refund having spent the best part of a day trying to get it to work. Reading through all the posts in this forum eventually lead me to find this solution to my woes.
Thank you for this post!

My PC crashed and my Corsair Scimitar Pro's side buttons wouldn't work after the fact, but your solution has them functioning again!

Old 10-04-2019, 04:04 PM
diziet's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020242
diziet Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velimere View Post
Thank you for this post!

My PC crashed and my Corsair Scimitar Pro's side buttons wouldn't work after the fact, but your solution has them functioning again!

Glad to hear it helped you! That makes the effort worthwhile. Sadly Corsair took so long to reply to my support tickets and when they did they gave me:

a) Firmware that bricked the mouse.
b) Boilerplate replies

I had to return the mouse for a refund so I never did get to discover a more permanent solution.