The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x > CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-04-2015, 10:49 PM

POST ID # = 758233
coffeeortea Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preshaone1 View Post
from my understanding.. the keyboard does run a demo mode, this means that the keyboard CAN communicate without cue. (these are usually the display corsair used when advertising/displaying keyboards within store looks similar to rainbow random) .. however to get this u have to plug just the cable that doesn't have the keyboard image on the USB input. however within cue any profiles that are saved to the keyboard's on-board memory will just be a still image of it. maybe in the future cue may allow us to either edit the demo mode to the profile we'd like to use or create a functional profile without CUE. so for now u will have to have cue running. quick tip if its taking long to load. flip the switch to bios and back. then try open cue. you should hear the connecting/disconnecting sound , your mouse may slightly freeze (lag). cue will open, click on profiles, wait a second and it should work.

p.s try this and let me know what you think, i disabled all the effects for you. 7 rainbows. https://www.dropbox.com/s/438n6umyvi...ition.prf?dl=0 (when you import and get prompted with action conflict, press x for the first 1 then hold enter for 3-5 mins, i know its a pain lol)
Super cool! I really like the 7th one. It's now my default profile =P. I like setting it to that profile when i'm not using the computer so it's like an idle mode? Just wondering though, is the key between the backspace and enter in the middle meant to be white on purpose?

Also, when I plug just the cable without the keyboard in it, my keyboard does not light up, or it didn't register my keyboard even after 1-2 mins, I'm assuming it's because that's usb 2.0? In that case, i'd have to have both usb slots plugged in am i right?

Old 02-05-2015, 07:56 AM

POST ID # = 758291
Preshaone1 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeortea View Post
Super cool! I really like the 7th one. It's now my default profile =P. I like setting it to that profile when i'm not using the computer so it's like an idle mode? Just wondering though, is the key between the backspace and enter in the middle meant to be white on purpose?

Also, when I plug just the cable without the keyboard in it, my keyboard does not light up, or it didn't register my keyboard even after 1-2 mins, I'm assuming it's because that's usb 2.0? In that case, i'd have to have both usb slots plugged in am i right?
hmm key between backspace and enter? no none of the keys should be white, only the brightness button... i am using UK layout.. maybe you r using USA? whatever key is white. select it nd press the black in the pallet. then press that same key to see if you get the rainbow effect. should work. try this, plug the keyboard USB in first, then the double arrows usb. give it a min or 2.. i am using both USB 2.0 ports on and btw if you'd genuinely like an idle profile,
I suggest IdleKey (you can even set your screensaver to pop up say after 3 mins, and then your profile 3 mins, this making the perfect combo) -----> http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthre...light=idle+key

Last edited by Preshaone1; 02-05-2015 at 08:05 AM.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:40 PM

POST ID # = 759411
coffeeortea Reputation: 10

Quote:
hmm key between backspace and enter? no none of the keys should be white, only the brightness button... i am using UK layout.. maybe you r using USA? whatever key is white. select it nd press the black in the pallet. then press that same key to see if you get the rainbow effect. should work. try this, plug the keyboard USB in first, then the double arrows usb. give it a min or 2.. i am using both USB 2.0 ports on and btw if you'd genuinely like an idle profile,
I suggest IdleKey (you can even set your screensaver to pop up say after 3 mins, and then your profile 3 mins, this making the perfect combo) -----> http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthre...light=idle+key
My bad, I meant that it would light up, but the profile won't load until like 2-3 minutes later. Do you face this similar issue? Tried the idlekey! Awesome program! Have pacman running on idle now. Wish there was a good matrix version xD.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:27 AM

POST ID # = 761355
Preshaone1 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeortea View Post
My bad, I meant that it would light up, but the profile won't load until like 2-3 minutes later. Do you face this similar issue? Tried the idlekey! Awesome program! Have pacman running on idle now. Wish there was a good matrix version xD.
reason why it takes 2-3 mins to load is because the actual profile is full of effects such as blahblah(1) blahblah (2) and so on.. i have no idea why corsairs utility doesn't have a simple "apply to all" button to get rid of action/lighting conflicts or if they didn't duplicate them atall.. and yes. i am still waiting on a good matrix theme myself :D

Old 02-19-2015, 10:11 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 761381
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Quote:
reason why it takes 2-3 mins to load is because the actual profile is full of effects such as blahblah(1) blahblah (2) and so on.. i have no idea why corsairs utility doesn't have a simple "apply to all" button to get rid of action/lighting conflicts or if they didn't duplicate them atall.
That might be coming in the next software build -wink- its been mentioned to Corsair
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support