The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Atlu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750337
Atlu Reputation: 10

I asked about the blues when I submitted a ticket asking about the keyboard/mouse lighting not persisting when I locked my computer, here is the exact reply I got:

"We're sorry to inform you that we're not planning to manufacture keyboard with blue switch has been discontinued. Please refer to our website and user forums or facebook for latest marketing news. Thank you."

I was hoping for a blue, but the brown was my second choice, so looks like I'm stuck with that.

Old 01-01-2015, 03:02 PM

POST ID # = 750351
dwitty Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlu View Post
I asked about the blues when I submitted a ticket asking about the keyboard/mouse lighting not persisting when I locked my computer, here is the exact reply I got:

"We're sorry to inform you that we're not planning to manufacture keyboard with blue switch has been discontinued. Please refer to our website and user forums or facebook for latest marketing news. Thank you."

I was hoping for a blue, but the brown was my second choice, so looks like I'm stuck with that.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Thanks for the info Atlu. Cannot believe I got strung along for 5 months with "just keep waiting, it's coming."

Last edited by Technobeard; 01-01-2015 at 08:38 PM. Reason: quote has been fixed

Old 01-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Froggy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750353
Froggy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapexx View Post
Issues in switch QC is probably due to Cherry rather than Corsair, unfortunately.
Doesn't matter. I've paid Corsair for my keyboard not Cherry. Point being that I wonder if Corsair stress test their products before selling it :/
I mean come on! A month in of typing and some keys are not functioning correctly anymore... Sure cherry is responsible for producing below average switches but Corsair is to blame for putting them on their boards and not checking how long it would take for their keyboards to not operate the way it was intended...
I've paid for a full MX blue keyboard not a mix of reds and blues lol

And now they've discontinued it! Am I gonna get a full refund since they won't be able to provide me a new K95 RGB with blue switches? Probably not... I don't want red switches... So either way I'm losing for giving Corsair the benefit of the doubt based on their other products that I own.

The keyboard itself is nice. I really dig the look but damn, they shafted us pretty bad...

Now I'm just waiting for some smug replies from Corsair, if any... That too is super irritating! The way they reply is pretty terrible PR. Corsair James is probably the most diplomatic staff on the forum, even then the trickled BS that we get for replies is painful...

Last edited by Froggy; 01-01-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Old 01-01-2015, 03:34 PM

POST ID # = 750354
dwitty Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
Now I'm just waiting for some smug replies from Corsair, if any... That too is super irritating! The way they reply is pretty terrible PR. Corsair James is probably the most diplomatic staff on the forum, even then the trickled BS that we get for replies is painful...
Really sorry to hear that your keyboard is already failing. Not sure if I should order a different switch type... are those going to fail in a month too?
And I'm also pissed at the lack of communication on this. "Your order has been cancelled" is not the way I'd like to have heard about this.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Atlu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750364
Atlu Reputation: 10

Quote:
And now they've discontinued it! Am I gonna get a full refund since they won't be able to provide me a new K95 RGB with blue switches? Probably not... I don't want red switches...
I gave up on the blues and ordered the browns, and I can say that I'm 99.9% satisfied. Blues would probably have had me 99.99% satisfied, and greens or clears might have gotten to 100%. It's my first mech keyboard though, so I may not be as picky as more experienced users.

Still, if you payed for blues, and you got a crap product, I'd say you're entitled to a refund minimum. But I am not a Corsair employee.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:59 PM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750376
ScarredMecha Reputation: 14

Quote:
Doesn't matter. I've paid Corsair for my keyboard not Cherry. Point being that I wonder if Corsair stress test their products before selling it :/
I mean come on! A month in of typing and some keys are not functioning correctly anymore... Sure cherry is responsible for producing below average switches but Corsair is to blame for putting them on their boards and not checking how long it would take for their keyboards to not operate the way it was intended...
I've paid for a full MX blue keyboard not a mix of reds and blues lol

And now they've discontinued it! Am I gonna get a full refund since they won't be able to provide me a new K95 RGB with blue switches? Probably not... I don't want red switches... So either way I'm losing for giving Corsair the benefit of the doubt based on their other products that I own.

The keyboard itself is nice. I really dig the look but damn, they shafted us pretty bad...

I'm willing to bet that when a company uses Cherry switches, they're using them under the assumption that the switches have already been through proper QC and don't require further testing.

The timing is rather unfortunate as well since Corsair is on holiday, but hopefully they'll issue you a proper full refund 'cause it's pretty ridiculous that the Blue switches have these kinds of problems in the first place. If anything, they'll probably say something about it in the next few days or so when Corsair's holiday break is over.

I kind of wish I had a keyboard with the faulty switches so I could take them apart and figure out what exactly is wrong with them, for curiosity's sake.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Froggy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750398

The bummer is that even if I get a refund I'll be keyboard less :/

Plus I've been looking for a mechanical keyboard with extra programmable keys that doesn't look like it's from year 2068 for ages before settling with the K95. I don't know what else to get... Such a let down :(

Old 01-01-2015, 09:58 PM

POST ID # = 750413
Goat1 Reputation: 12

What did I miss? Are they not making RGB with blue switches now?

Last edited by Technobeard; 01-01-2015 at 10:44 PM. Reason: no promoting of other products

Old 01-01-2015, 10:55 PM
Froggy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750423

Apparently! Someone got a reply from Corsair after placing a ticket. They said the MX blue model was discontinued

Old 01-02-2015, 01:10 AM
Dwindleflip's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750436
Dwindleflip Reputation: 5

What has happened to Corsair? Is it the curse of the tramp stamp?

Old 01-02-2015, 04:53 AM

POST ID # = 750455
dogman1911 Reputation: 10

WoW!!

I like, first of all, the improper English. Second there is nothing on their website that I can find about this - and I am not on facebook. so after waiting since JULY for an MX Blue, they just quietly pull them off the shelves with no official announcement or anything. Just a lot of pissed off waiting customers - some with pre-orders in for months. WoW. Seriously?!

So let me get this straight - they redesigned the logo (which is their right) and anyone who complained or asked about the old one was met basically with hostility from corsair. How dare the customer tell US what they want - we will tell THEM what they want. Then after a lot of people complained and their "demanding" that their customers like the new logo didn't seem to work, they quietly started to churn out the old logo.

Then when it was pointed out that they only have 512 colours instead of 16.8 mill, as I recall reading they at first ignored people claiming this, until a user proved it. Once caught, NOW they make a statement and that SOON it will have 16.8 million colours. no timelines, no date, nothing but SOOON. 6 months later it still is only 512 colours with no fix in sight - oh yeah coming soon. just the like RGB blues - coming soon. no dates, no timelines, no updates unless they get pestered enough by customers. Seriously are these made in someones garage by a group of hippies?

So the most anticipated keyboard launch of the year turns out to be a total flop - the product clearly is not finished from a hardware or software standpoint. They release a totally defective product (rgb blue switches) and a sub-beta version of software and just tell anyone with hardware problems to send it in for rma at the customers cost, so they can replace it with another defective product. And anyone with software problems just keep waiting for updates, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting...
Also they quietly drop the K70 Blue LED version, so people who sent in a blue led version for rma were returned - without warning - a red led version! WTH??? !!!

I have the old K70 with blue led's and LOVE the keyboard. However maybe 4 out of 10 times when I turn it on, the keyboard is not recognized, and I have to get up, climb behind my machine, unplug it and replug it in before it is recognized. So clearly these USB issues that people are having with the new RGB are issues that have been around since their older version, and of course not fixed.

I think this whole incident has laid the company bare. They don't seem to see this as a crisis - just a couple of whining customers. At my work when something big and bad is happening, we stay late, on holidays etc to help make it right - we have customers and a reputation to uphold. Not Corsair - oh look it is Thanksgiving, lets shut down. Oh and don't forget the Christmas Holidays Dec 25-Jan 1. Couldn't keep a staff member or two burning the midnight oil to help get through this? I don't begrudge people to take time off with their families, but as a non- marketer I do see that on boxing day people are rioting in stores to buy the latest toys. As a company how do you NOT want your product in that scrum? So you are content to the the months go by ho hum and see what may eventually come to pass? no business plan - no marketing plan? Maybe by next Christmas they will have this keyboard ready.

They don't seem to know or care that they are losing customers and their reputation. I am thoroughly pissed that I waited since july for an rgb mx blue and find out from another user that they are not making these any more.

I am now looking at ANY company other than corsair for a new keyboard.

Obviously some of the problem is coming from the Cherry MX switches. And after all the bad press I have read about how possibly inferior Kailh switches are, seems like Cherry is the inferior version.

Last edited by dogman1911; 01-02-2015 at 06:53 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:01 AM
EXILE157's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750463
EXILE157 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogman1911 View Post
WoW!!

I like, first of all the improper English. Second there is nothing on their website that I can find about this - and I am not on facebook. so after waiting since JULY for an MX Blue, they just quietly pull them off the shelves with no official announcement or anything. Just a lot of pissed off waiting customers - some with pre-orders in for months. WoW. Seriously?!

So let me get this straight - they redesigned the logo (which is their right) and anyone who complained or asked about the old one was met basically with hostility from corsair. How dare the customer tell US what they want - we will tell THEM what they want. Then after a lot of people complained and their "demanding" that their customers like the new logo didn't seem to work, they quietly started to churn out the old logo.

Then when it was pointed out that they only have 512 colours instead of 16.8 mill, as I recall reading they at first denied it, until a user proved it. Once caught NOW they are going to make a statement and that SOON it will have 16.8 million colours. no timelines, no date, nothing but SOOON. 6 months later it still is only 512 colours with no fix in sight - oh yeah coming soon. just the like RGB blues - coming soon. no dates, no timelines, no updates unless they get pestered enough by customers. Seriously are these made in someones garage by a group of hippies?

So the most anticipated keyboard launch of the year turns out to be a total flop - the product clearly is not finished from a hardware or software standpoint. They release a totally defective product (rgb blue switches) and a sub-beta version of software and just tell anyone with hardware problems to send it in for rma at the customers cost, so they can replace it with another defective product. And anyone with software problems just keep waiting for updates, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting...
Also they quietly drop the K70 Blue LED version, so people who sent in a blue led version for rma were returned - without warning - a red led version! WTH??? !!!

I have the old K70 with blue led's and LOVE the keyboard. However maybe 4 out of 10 times when I turn it on, the keyboard is not recognized, and I have to get up, climb behind my machine, unplug it and replug it in before it is recognized. So clearly these USB issues that people are having with the new RGB are issues that have been around since their older version, and of course not fixed.

I think this whole incident has laid the company bare. They don't seem to see this as a crisis - just a couple of whining customers. At my work when something big and bad is happening, we stay late, on holidays etc to help make it right - we have customers and a reputation to uphold. Not Corsair - oh look it is Thanksgiving, lets shut down. Oh and don't forget the Christmas Holidays Dec 25-Jan 1. Couldn't keep a staff member or two burning the midnight oil to help get through this? I don't begrudge people to take time off with their families, but as a non- marketer I do see that on boxing day people are rioting in stores to buy the latest toys. As a company how do you NOT want your product in that scrum? So you are content to the the months go by ho hum and see what may eventually come to pass? no business plan - no marketing plan? Maybe by next Christmas they will have this keyboard ready.

They don't seem to know or care that they are losing customers and their reputation. I am thoroughly pissed that I waited since july for an rgb mx blue and find out from another user that they are not making these any more.

I am now looking at ANY company other than corsair for a new keyboard.

Obviously some of the problem is coming from the Cherry MX switches. And after all the bad press I have read about how possibly inferior Kailh switches are, seems like Cherry is the inferior version.
Man dont get me started ....I'am a huge fan, but I've been a very disappointed for the past year with Corsair
I don't get is up with Corsair!!??...They sure know how to sell it when it comes to advertising their products on the PC market. Now when it comes towards their Loyal Fans & local Consumers, Corsair takes a big Stink on them!

We THE CONSUMERS should start a petition! Corsair is @ its worst with their so called quality products, customers service, rma and lack of website information updates! Corsair needs the (Golden Poo Award) maybe that -> will Wake'em Up!

Old 01-02-2015, 06:06 AM
Froggy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750464

Unfortunately pointing out the obvious about their terrible customer service is like pissing against the wind :/

I would like to know who we have to contact to FORMALLY COMPLAIN about it because nobody from Corsair on this forum is taking these issues seriously.

I wouldn't be surprised if that thread gets the delete or lock treatment like a bunch of other threads suffered as soon as people were complaining a bit too much...

Each time I'm posting on this forum I feel like a broken record, it's exhausting...

Someone knows a better alternative to the K95 RGB? I'm after a regular looking keyboard with extra keys that works LOL

Last edited by Froggy; 01-02-2015 at 06:08 AM.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:21 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750466
Wired Reputation: 32

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if that thread gets the delete or lock treatment like a bunch of other threads suffered as soon as people were complaining a bit too much...
The only threads that I can recall being closed were because a new thread took its place for one reason or another. Threads aren't closed because people voice their opinions. There IS a difference between voicing an opinion and trolling. The latter isn't tolerated.

Quote:
Someone knows a better alternative to the K95 RGB? I'm after a regular looking keyboard with extra keys that works LOL
Fair warning to all:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
NO DISCUSSION OF COMPETITORS:
This forum is here for the express purpose of supporting current and future users of Corsair Memory. Please do not discuss competing products or their suppliers by name on this forum, either in a positive light or a negative one. Such posts or threads will be edited or deleted at our discretion. Please contact the makers of that product for help. As stated above, their names are filtered out from public view.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 01-02-2015, 06:36 AM
Froggy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
here IS a difference between voicing an opinion and trolling. The latter isn't tolerated.
I don't consider myself a troll and was voicing my opinion when that thread got closed...

For the second part asking about a better keyboard, it seems like you're not familiar with a thing called sarcasm ;)

FYI sarcasm is a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt, and I'm pretty bitter to say the least!

Last edited by Froggy; 01-02-2015 at 06:47 AM.