The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-28-2014, 11:52 AM
fvbounty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 749590
fvbounty Reputation: 10

I'm glad I cancelled my order a ways back when the new tramp stamp logo came out and went to another brand with Cherry blue's, been very happy, still have my K90 which my wife is using....

Old 12-28-2014, 04:46 PM
Froggy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 749660
Froggy Reputation: 10

At the rate things goes, my K95 RGB MX blue will be a collector lol
I feel for all of you who ordered one and got shafted...

Good luck on getting a straight answer from Corsair about what's going on!

Old 12-28-2014, 05:33 PM

POST ID # = 749664
NUFCThomas Reputation: 10

well on scan.co.uk they still have mx blues available for rgb k95 and k70

Old 12-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Reonar Dauth's PC Specs

POST ID # = 749673
Reonar Dauth Reputation: 10

I just want a response no matter how vague. A simple "Yes, they're still being developed and will be available again in the 'near' future." or "The RGB MX Blue model has been discontinued, for reasons." would be good enough for me. I've had my heart set on one of these and I want to give Corsair my money(even if I have to buy a MX Brown), but they're not making it easy.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:20 AM
techdude154's PC Specs

POST ID # = 749733
techdude154 Reputation: 10

Hopefully Corsair James will give us a response when he comes back on the 2nd

Old 12-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Reonar Dauth's PC Specs

POST ID # = 749803

I just hope we can get a reply before the MX Browns get in stock and disappear again.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

POST ID # = 750003
TickleOnTheTum Reputation: 10

Well, all these delays, bugs and issues are going to cost Corsair... Many are cancelling their orders, others are being cancelled by the online shops. I have been waiting and waiting for the K95 RGB MX Blue to come out and now this! I really use the 18 Macro keys a lot and so this was the only option for me to get a mechanical KB... But not know that I've seen you can by dedicated 'Macro Keypads'... So now I will get another make of keyboard and a Macro pad...

Delays with the launch off the 800D chassis meant I ended up getting a non-corsair make as well.

The only thing from Corsair I would now recommend is their memory, but there are now many other just as good makes and models of that now.

It seems by all the posts on here that buyers of these keyboards are being used as unpaid beta testers! A lot of these bugs should never have been there in the first place.

Old 12-30-2014, 01:35 PM

POST ID # = 750011
Goat1 Reputation: 12

If Razer had an open SDK like Corsairs,which I think Razer is working on,I'd pick up the Chroma. Typing on is was just a joy. If Razer can get their SDK out before Corsair gets more keyboards out,Corsair is going to lose tons of business. I have the K65 now,but I'd get the Razer Chroma and take back the Corsair. I have til Jan 15th to do so.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:00 AM

POST ID # = 750130
FlameWolf Reputation: 10
Default Blue Key Switch Stocks Low

According to what was said here in this forum post: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=742125 A Corsair Technical Marketer came out and stated that the Blue Key Switches are universally out of stock and that they would not be receiving anymore until late December/ Early January when they will be able to put them out on shelves again and I haven't found any other statements made yet.

However, I believe strongly that the reason they removed the Blue key switch option on their website is to prevent any more orders from being made so they don't have any more angry and or impatient customers waiting for something that could possible take awhile. That is also why they canceled any standing purchases of the keyboard so that they could take time to make more of them. As well as check for problems or defects. Just my thoughts on the matter but hopefully soon enough we will be getting word of what is going on. But as for this moment I am going to sit and wait it out for a bit before I decide to go a different path if the Blue Switches are indeed discontinued for the RGB line of keyboards.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:37 PM
Getting Older Guy
007vsMagua's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750205
007vsMagua Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameWolf View Post
According to what was said here in this forum post: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=742125 A Corsair Technical Marketer came out and stated that the Blue Key Switches are universally out of stock and that they would not be receiving anymore until late December/ Early January when they will be able to put them out on shelves again and I haven't found any other statements made yet.

However, I believe strongly that the reason they removed the Blue key switch option on their website is to prevent any more orders from being made so they don't have any more angry and or impatient customers waiting for something that could possible take awhile. That is also why they canceled any standing purchases of the keyboard so that they could take time to make more of them. As well as check for problems or defects. Just my thoughts on the matter but hopefully soon enough we will be getting word of what is going on. But as for this moment I am going to sit and wait it out for a bit before I decide to go a different path if the Blue Switches are indeed discontinued for the RGB line of keyboards.
I have to agree with you on your reasoning. From my understanding of things it seems Corsair had an exclusive deal with Cherry on their RGB switches in that Cherry's RGB switches would only be available to Corsair for 'said' period of time. How long that time period is...who knows. If Cherry is behind and now having to fulfill commitments to other vendors, it only makes sense that things will take awhile to sort out.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:58 PM
Dwindleflip's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750210
Dwindleflip Reputation: 5

These keyboards have been a disaster it seems from the logo redesign to the constant issues. I really wanted a k70 RGB with blues. Maybe I can get one with browns as thats my second favorite switch. Browns are also out of stock at newegg.

Last edited by Dwindleflip; 12-31-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:45 PM
Reonar Dauth's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750225

I sold my Razer MX Blue keyboard to buy an RGB MX Blue. If Razer is indeed going to make an SDK I may end up just going with them again.

Pulling the product from their own site along with retailers sites on the same day and no announcement is one thing, but doing that and causing cancellations over the holidays when they know they're going to be short staffed doesn't build much confidence for me as a customer.

I realize they've been short staffed, among other issues, but some of these people have had pre-orders for months; an announcement of their intentions should have been made before they started to disappear from retailers.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:22 AM

POST ID # = 750269
dogman1911 Reputation: 10
Default no more blue switches

Reading about all the physical problems with the blue switches (as opposed to the myriad software issues they are having) I am wondering if they have been PULLED from shelves rather than being sold out due to design flaws. Many users reported that some of the keys do not click and some of the keys "feel" different than others. This is a Cherry problem it sounds like. I am thinking they are not delayed in making more, but they are "delayed" while they redesign the switches to address these problems.

quote: A Corsair Technical Marketer came out and stated that the Blue Key Switches are universally out of stock and that they would not be receiving anymore until late December/ Early January

I find it hard to believe that a technologically advanced German factory has trouble churning out switches in any large volume. I ordered a Ford SUV and only had to wait about a month for it to be built in the U.S. and then shipped up here. And the Germans cant spit out a couple of boxes of switches in several months and now it seems it will be several more months???! Hmmm

I have been waiting for these since they were "released" in July. I have been looking hard at other brands because I am disgusted by the lack of facts coming from Corsair. If they just told us the truth I can wait, but I am waiting months to end up with a buggy keyboard with sloppy switches? I am happy to wait if I am told that they are indeed redesigning the faulty switches.

Also 512 colours instead of 16.8 mill - oooops did we forget to tell all of the customers about that? Silly us - just an "honest" oversight.

Also why did they hide the 512 colour issue instead of simply telling us what is going on? It seems what is going on is that they released a very poor beta version and are using the buyers as testers. It also seems they are rushing because their exclusive agreement with Cherry apparently ends soon (I have heard Dec 31), and other brands will be on the market soon with the same switches.

Not sure I even care if they ever get blue switches in stock.

Last edited by dogman1911; 01-01-2015 at 01:26 AM.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:16 AM
Froggy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750277
Froggy Reputation: 10

Can confirm the switches are ****ty... I've had the K95 MX blue since December and yesterday my A key is starting to fail :/ Same goes for some common used letters they are starting to feel and sound WAY DIFFERENT than the less used ones...

I was giving Corsair the benefit of the doubt and some slack with some imperfection but yeaaaaaaah :/ I'm less and less happy with my keyboard :(

Old 01-01-2015, 05:24 AM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750278
ScarredMecha Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
Can confirm the switches are ****ty... I've had the K95 MX blue since December and yesterday my A key is starting to fail :/ Same goes for some common used letters they are starting to feel and sound WAY DIFFERENT than the less used ones...

I was giving Corsair the benefit of the doubt and some slack with some imperfection but yeaaaaaaah :/ I'm less and less happy with my keyboard :(
Issues in switch QC is probably due to Cherry rather than Corsair, unfortunately.