The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 119 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 02-10-2015, 08:15 AM
poopzeug's PC Specs

POST ID # = 759299
poopzeug Reputation: 10

Hi, I am new to this forum and to this thread. I just discovered this thread while trying to find a solution to my ongoing problems with not one or two but three different K95 RGB units. If anyone who views this thread is responsible for handling fixing problems with the software of "Corsair CUE" or the K95 keyboards PLEASE take what information you can from my thread marked here. And please let me know if there is other information I should give.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:42 AM

POST ID # = 759498
nodeffect Reputation: 10

Anyone played GRID 2 from Steam? Every time when I start running the game, my whole keyboard lights freezes, and I'm not able to even turn off the lights by pressing the light button. It won't happen on other games, but only on "GRID 2".... I'm using a K70 RGB updated to latest firmware.

Also, I'm not able to power up my PC after using this keyboard, I have to unplug the power cable every time. I'm not sure if this was caused by this keyboard because before switching to this keyboard, my PC is able to power up normally.

Last edited by nodeffect; 02-11-2015 at 03:46 AM.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:44 AM
RetrogamerX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 759526
RetrogamerX Reputation: 11

Mine freeze all the time too. Just move the bios switch anywhere between 1-4 and leds will work again. That's what I've been doing for months now. Everyone is waiting for Corsair to fix this issue?

Old 02-12-2015, 03:07 AM
inc0gn3gr0's PC Specs

POST ID # = 759717
inc0gn3gr0 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogamerX View Post
Mine freeze all the time too. Just move the bios switch anywhere between 1-4 and leds will work again. That's what I've been doing for months now. Everyone is waiting for Corsair to fix this issue?
Basically.

Dear Corsair,

I understand you guys had a death in your company. I also understand that you have recently moved. But I feel the time between updates, on something that is clearly not functioning even remotely well is getting into the range of absurd and unprofessional.

While I do not be live you are ignoring the issues. I do think that you are attempting to hit a homerun when you are only down 4 runs in the first inning. Meaning that I am sure most of your users, would be happier with smaller incremental updates.

The lights, the main selling point of this keyboard, have not functioned since its release. I already got kind of screw because I bought the mouse (65) early, before you released the 95. Can we get updates to the keyboard firmware for both BIOS and general lighting.

Thanks,
From understanding, but moving from slightly annoyed to angry customer.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:10 AM
RetrogamerX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 759786

I'm starting to get angry myself. I check every day and still nothing?

Old 02-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Prof.Es.Sional's PC Specs

POST ID # = 759832
Prof.Es.Sional Reputation: 10

Corsair, can you share with us some informations about progress of the path/fix ?
People start to be angry, any info about ETA etc. can really help.
At this point, we can say that CUE is abandoned, we know nothing, any you remain silent. Forum now is flooded with problems about CUE/Hardware of K70/95 RGB and no one is controlling that.
After paying full price, we are really just beta testers...

Old 02-12-2015, 03:27 PM

POST ID # = 759845
Zappy Reputation: 10

I just got my k95 rgb today and i am really disappointed because of this freezing issue i have everything uptodate but it is not working as it supposted to.
today i spend like 5 hours reading through forum posts and the only post i saw form corsair was about patch details but no problem related post.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:47 PM
DECEiFER's PC Specs

POST ID # = 760337
DECEiFER Reputation: 10

Hi,

I got this keyboard within the last few months and it came preloaded with 1.15. However, in spite of the problem with the powered USB slots switching the keyboard into Rainbow mode being fixed, I can't say that's entirely the case here. When I shut down the PC, it's fine, no problems. But if I plug it out and plug it back in, within a moment, the keyboard will light up with the default red and white arrow/WASD profile for a split second before switching to the Rainbow demo and turning on the PC thereafter reports a "Malfunction" in CUE, and the demo continues. In-fact, the only way to get rid of it is to shut down and plug the computer out again and then wait for the LEDs to switch off after the power is drained. It's not a massive inconvenience, as it does take about 30-60 seconds for the LEDs to erroneously activate and if I turn the PC on before that happens, it's normally all good. But I'd still like it to be fixed as while it's only a minor inconvenience, the keyboard did cost a lot of money and therefore it's a basic requirement for it to behave itself and cause next to zero inconvenience.

Remember, this only happens when the PC is given power from the wall from nothing and not when leaving it plugged in after a shutdown.

Oh and it doesn't seem to make a difference as to whether I use one USB cable in a USB 3 slot or both cables (inserted in the recommended order) in USB 2 slots.

Below is a System Information Report from CUE. My specs have also been added to my profile upon registering here.

Quote:
::: BIOS
Name : BIOS Date: 08/18/14 16:20:24 Ver: 21.03
Manufacturer : American Megatrends Inc.
Version : ALASKA - 1072009

::: Motherboard
Product name : SABERTOOTH Z87
Manufacturer : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

::: CPU
Name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Description : Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Frequency : 3501
Number of cores : 4
Number of logical processors : 8

::: Physical memory
Manufacturer : 0215
Speed : 1600
Form factor : DIMM
Memory type : Unknown
Capacity : 4096 MB

::: USB Controller
Name : Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series USB EHCI #1 - 8C26
Manufacturer : Intel

Name : Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 (Microsoft)
Manufacturer : Generic USB xHCI Host Controller

Name : Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series USB EHCI #2 - 8C2D
Manufacturer : Intel

::: OS
Name : Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro
Architecture : 64-bit
Service pack version, major : 0
Service pack version, minor : 0

::: User properties
Is run under administrator : no
User has administrator privileges : yes

::: Video hardware
Adapter name : AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Driver files : aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64 .dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver version : 14.501.1003.0
RAM : 1 MB
Max refresh rate : 75
Min refresh rate : 50

::: Displays
Name : Generic PnP Monitor
Resolution : 1920 x 1080
Refresh rate : 60
Color depth : 32
Connected to : AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

::: Storage
Model : WDC WD6402AAEX-00Z3A0
Interface type : IDE
Manufacturer : (Standard disk drives)
Size : 596.17 GB

Model : SAMSUNG HD103UJ
Size : 931.511 GB

Model : Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB
Size : 238.468 GB

Model : WDC WD1502FAEX-007BA0
Size : 1397.26 GB

::: Chipset
Short name : Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
Name : Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
Manufacturer : Intel Corporation
Service : iaStorA

::: Corsair devices
Device name : Corsair Corsair K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard 1901402FAE3998A45348277BF5001940
Working speed : Full Speed (0x1)
Connected to : Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series B xHCI HC - 8C31
→ Root Hub
→ Port 14
USB VID : 0x1b1c
USB PID : 0x1b13
Hub driver : Standard, USB 3.0

::: Keyboard layouts
Language ID : 0x6153
Layout ID : 0x6153
Name : English
Thanks in advance for taking a look.

EDIT:
This guy here reports the same issue.

Last edited by DECEiFER; 02-14-2015 at 09:06 PM.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:12 PM
ScarletStreak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 762753
ScarletStreak Reputation: 10

Still no fix for the Caps Lock freezing? Great.... Oh also, when I was playing with automatic game detection, it randomly changed back to the default profile. Now I'm just selecting which profile I want manually before I start the game up.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:20 PM
RetrogamerX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 762931

Yep still no fix

Old 03-02-2015, 10:08 AM

POST ID # = 763703
Zappy Reputation: 10

CUE Update today but no positive change. i am getting really annoyed, i spend ***** 220€ on the k95 and the lighting stops EVERY time when i change my Windows Keyboard language...... PLZ CORSAIR FIX THIS.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:56 AM

POST ID # = 763706
Keanu Reputation: 10

Updated to Engine v1.5.80 and my keyboard K95 still freezes. I am afraid that I no longer believe that Corsair get it to work before I buy a new one. Absolutely not satisfactory.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:42 PM
thebunnyrules's PC Specs

POST ID # = 766163
thebunnyrules Reputation: 10

Hello everyone,

I just got the awesome if somewhat temperamental K95 RGB from newegg.ca and it's on the 1.13 firmware.

1.13 works perfectly in Windows and nothing crashes but bios mode doesn't work, so I can't use it in Linux or in BIOS. It's kind of funny, I returned the BlackWidow Chroma because it wouldn't light up if I was in any OS other then a Windows with Synapse installed; the K95 lights up but doesn't work if you're not in Windows... lololol!!! What's the deal with RGB keyboards?

I understand that there's a new firmware and hopefully that will fix these issue but I've been reading about a whole new slew of problems that it's engendered on this thread and in overclock.net.

I would like to backup my 1.13 firmware just in case case 1.15 causes more trouble then it solves and I need to downgrade the firmware.

How would I go about backup my firmware and restoring it if the need arises?

Fadi

Last edited by thebunnyrules; 03-14-2015 at 12:50 PM.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:55 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 766167
terabyte Reputation: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunnyrules View Post
Hello everyone,

I just got the awesome if somewhat temperamental K95 RGB from newegg.ca and it's on the 1.13 firmware.

1.13 works perfectly in Windows and nothing crashes but bios mode doesn't work, so I can't use it in Linux or in BIOS. It's kind of funny, I returned the BlackWidow Chroma because it wouldn't light up if I was in any OS other then a Windows with Synapse installed; the K95 lights up but doesn't work if you're not in Windows... lololol!!! What's the deal with RGB keyboards?

I understand that there's a new firmware and hopefully that will fix these issue but I've been reading about a whole new slew of problems that it's engendered on this thread and in overclock.net.

I would like to backup my 1.13 firmware just in case case 1.15 causes more trouble then it solves and I need to downgrade the firmware.

How would I go about backup my firmware and restoring it if the need arises?

Fadi
If I recall right Linux has some kind of kernel issue that doesn't let the keyboard work properly. Until the kernel fix gets out your best option first is to try the unofficial driver which should contain the fix I mentioned too: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=133929

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt though, I haven't followed closely the linux driver and I remember only some things I've read here and there. Asking in the thread I linked above for confirmation would be better.

Old 03-14-2015, 03:32 PM
thebunnyrules's PC Specs

POST ID # = 766193
thebunnyrules Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
If I recall right Linux has some kind of kernel issue that doesn't let the keyboard work properly. Until the kernel fix gets out your best option first is to try the unofficial driver which should contain the fix I mentioned too: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=133929

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt though, I haven't followed closely the linux driver and I remember only some things I've read here and there. Asking in the thread I linked above for confirmation would be better.
I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip. Would you know how I can backup and restore my firmware?