The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-01-2014, 01:06 PM
mpoffo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739396
mpoffo Reputation: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by seph13 View Post
I already mentioned saving hardware profile 1 to device memory as a workaround to lights staying on during shut down.
Could you clarify this? I thought I had done that. When you say save to "hardware profile 1" what are you referring to? I saved my default (created)profiles to the keyboard but that did not help.

Perhaps I am missing something.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Toinou83's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739400
Toinou83 Reputation: 10

Hello here ! first i am sorry for my bad english -_- . I took the permission to post here because i have the same probleme when i turn off my computer , led's turn on a red mod (all keys) when PC shutting down and then stay alight altough the PC is off . The issue start when i install the last CUE version last days ...The probleme is that i have delete the hardware profile 1 at the first installation and replaced by my personal profil i have saved in the keyboard memory... I try to go back to the older version of CUE (1.1.57) but after installing , i can't lunch it , the app crash -_-
So actually i am using the last CUE but i have to turn off led's manually before shutting down PC . Any solutions ? thanks in advance .

Old 11-01-2014, 03:34 PM
mpoffo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739410

Well, I have not been able to figure it out. There must have been a change somewhere but I am not sure what the last update did to cause this issue. If I Enable ERP in the power section the keyboard will "turn off", only to go into super rainbow mode when power is off. I have not changed any settings on my bios other than that.

Perhaps someone better versed than me can explain how a change in software would effect the keyboard when the system is powered down. Does it have something to do with the memory settings on the K95 retaining some setting that keeps it powered on?

Also if anyone can assist with going back to the old version it would be appreciated. A simple uninstall does not work.

Last edited by mpoffo; 11-01-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Old 11-01-2014, 04:10 PM

POST ID # = 739413
quake3trust Reputation: 20

Still freezes while having steam open, so annoying to have to unplug and plug a keyboard over and over again.....

Old 11-01-2014, 05:51 PM
seph13's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739428
seph13 Reputation: 10

Guys, select hardware profile 1 from the profiles. Your keyboard lights should turn off, then click on the square options button next to where you choose the profile and select "save profile to device memory". After that you can switch back to any profile ( don't change profile saved to device memory) from the quick launch button in the taskbar. It will stay in that mode whenever cue is running but upon shut down will switch to the blank hardware profile that you saved to memory. No need to fuss around with erp in bios. As far as I understand hardware profile 1 should be a default profile that everyone has. If not you could just create a profile with lights off and save that one to device memory.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:46 PM
mpoffo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739437

Quote:
Guys, select hardware profile 1 from the profiles. Your keyboard lights should turn off, then click on the square options button next to where you choose the profile and select "save profile to device memory". After that you can switch back to any profile ( don't change profile saved to device memory) from the quick launch button in the taskbar. It will stay in that mode whenever cue is running but upon shut down will switch to the blank hardware profile that you saved to memory. No need to fuss around with erp in bios. As far as I understand hardware profile 1 should be a default profile that everyone has. If not you could just create a profile with lights off and save that one to device memory.
Unfortunately this does not work. I have a profile named HwProfile1 which I believe is the original one. Regardless of saving this to the keyboard , the keyboard remains "on". I can as you suggest make a empty, non-lite profile as a work around. However the keyboard is still "on".

Old 11-01-2014, 07:11 PM
seph13's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739443
seph13 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpoffo View Post
Unfortunately this does not work. I have a profile named HwProfile1 which I believe is the original one. Regardless of saving this to the keyboard , the keyboard remains "on". I can as you suggest make a empty, non-lite profile as a work around. However the keyboard is still "on".
Doesn't matter if the keyboard is still "on", as long as all the lights are off what difference does it make? Your old keyboards were still "on" as well they were just smart enough to turn their lights off during shut down and sleep. As long as your motherboard still supplies power to your usb ports during s5 (off) than anything plugged in is still receiving power. Almost all high end motherboards continue to still provide power to the usb ports when turned off.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Toinou83's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739445
Toinou83 Reputation: 10

Seph13 , i have try your solution , create a new profil named HwProfile1 with no light as you suggest and save it on the keyboard memory and it work fine now , led's turn off when i power down my PC . Perfect ! , thx a lot

Old 11-01-2014, 10:09 PM
mpoffo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739460

Quote:
Doesn't matter if the keyboard is still "on", as long as all the lights are off what difference does it make? Your old keyboards were still "on" as well they were just smart enough to turn their lights off during shut down and sleep. As long as your motherboard still supplies power to your usb ports during s5 (off) than anything plugged in is still receiving power. Almost all high end motherboards continue to still provide power to the usb ports when turned off.
I agree, I don't see harm. The bottom line is though is that this is a change for me. It was "properly" turning off without me having to do anything special. Now with this new version something seems to have changed. By my nature I want to understand what changed and try to problem solve it.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:02 AM
Woodley's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739472
Woodley Reputation: 10

K95 RGB:

mpoffo's excellent suggestion does work as far as powering off the lights.

However, on reboot the profiles do not work properly. So I have to run software repair each time to get it working. I'm still using ver. 1.2.74. But since Corsair has been ignoring these comments, I'm guessing that their new version 1.77 will not work either.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Muhad's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739520
Muhad Reputation: 10

OSD still shows no matter the choice!

Old 11-02-2014, 11:53 PM
Shadorino's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739648
Shadorino Reputation: 10

I would like to report that the 255 blue is lighter since a few updates, it is not the bluest blue anymore.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:02 AM
zhangxu92's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739695
zhangxu92 Reputation: 10

Hi, Corsair, is it possible to make profiles link to multiple programs? I know i can do it by duplicate the same profile and link to another program, just wondering if linking to multiple program is a possible update to CUE

Old 11-03-2014, 08:25 PM

POST ID # = 739806
Clint Beastwood Reputation: 10

Well the new version of CUE allows me to remap my buttons again, so that's a positive. I can finally go back to playing games

Without CUE my LEDs wored perfectly fine. With CUE active the right LED by the scroll-wheel doesn't work though, which has been an issue since launch.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:32 PM

POST ID # = 739814
falb0ner Reputation: 10

Welp, i normally don't like to rant but today i officially just disconnected my K95 as the terrible software kept freezing my keyboard AND also locking up applications (including USB functionality).

I've plugged in my old Ducky mech for now and uninstalled the Corsair utility. It's so annoying having to shut down my PC, unplug my k95 several times an hour. Corsair please do something.