The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Dmeister406's PC Specs

POST ID # = 746328
Dmeister406 Reputation: 10

I should update my situation: I had purchased BOTH the K70 RGB and the M65 RGB black. Unfortunately, the M65 started registering 1 click as 2 clicks on the left mouse button. I returned it and got the Sabre RGB Laser instead. This did not change the issue with the intermittent hanging at POST. So it is not the specific combination of RGB M65/K70 (as per the title of this thread) that is actually causing the issue but rather JUST the K70 RGB itself.

Just thought I'd post to update and clarify.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:26 AM
cor9's PC Specs

POST ID # = 747833
cor9 Reputation: 10

Ok, I just wrote to the Technical Support. Let's see what they say about our problem. However, in any event I would want to know if there's some kind of update on this whole thing. Is there any news on when/if you can finally fix the longer boot times issue?

Last edited by cor9; 12-19-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:28 AM
TKSH's PC Specs

POST ID # = 748061
TKSH Reputation: 10

I've had the exact same problem too....
Please fix that problem on next software update...

Old 12-21-2014, 09:06 PM

POST ID # = 748313
2GOSU Reputation: 10

Please please please fix this. Just plugged my K70 RGB back in because I missed the key feel compared to my Ducky Shine 3, and every time I try to power on my PC, it gets stuck on the mobo manufacture splash screen. I have USB at full initialization, USB legacy support on on, up-to-date BIOS, up-to-date drivers, everything is up to date. It's plugged into a INTEL USB 3.0 hub right now, maybe I should try the ASMedia ones later, but please please please fix this problem. It gets stuck on the splash screen for a long time and it just stays stuck, and I have to power it off manually and power it on again for it to work. It's a hassle.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:49 PM
Dmeister406's PC Specs

POST ID # = 748319

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GOSU View Post
It gets stuck on the splash screen for a long time and it just stays stuck, and I have to power it off manually and power it on again for it to work. It's a hassle.
It certainly is VERY annoying! When it gets stuck, instead of powering off your PC and then powering it back on again; try sliding the polling switch on the back of the KB across and then back again. This will cause the KB to disconnect temporarily from the USB interface and the system will be able to proceed with the OS boot.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:14 PM

POST ID # = 748325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmeister406 View Post
It certainly is VERY annoying! When it gets stuck, instead of powering off your PC and then powering it back on again; try sliding the polling switch on the back of the KB across and then back again. This will cause the KB to disconnect temporarily from the USB interface and the system will be able to proceed with the OS boot.
Oh really? I'll give it a shot, but either way, Corsair needs to come out with a firmware update to fix this problem.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:55 PM

POST ID # = 748490

I plugged in both cables to USB 3.0s and it seems to work fine now. The boot still has like a second or two delay on the splash screen, but it doesn't get stuck like it did with just the single "keyboard" labeled USB 3.0 plugged in.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:12 PM
ScarletStreak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750214
ScarletStreak Reputation: 10

So I'm this problem, unplugged my the USBs, booted fast, connected them to another USB 3.0, booted up fast, shut down, switched them back, booted up fast... Shut down for the day, next day (today) I booted up, and again slow boot.
have the usb device error.

My first K70 didn't have this problem, but I had to RMA it. During the process, I had to use a PS/2 keyboard, and go into regedit to allow the port to be recognized. Since getting my new K70, I've reverted the regedit value, and plugged and played with my new K70. Maybe reinstalling the drivers, but even with my experience, I'm not sure how to go about that.

Last edited by ScarletStreak; 12-31-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:13 AM

POST ID # = 751307
Pirateguybrush Reputation: 10

Can we please have an update on this? It's a pretty serious problem.

Old 01-06-2015, 06:47 AM

POST ID # = 751351
Valour549 Reputation: 10

Can confirm I have the same problem (using one USB 3.0).

Seriously this keyboard costed me more than all the other keyboards I've used in my entire life, and has had nothing but issues after issues.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:19 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 751743
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Hi all, just as an update, we're currently in the testing phase a new FW version. However, I wanted to emphasize that these post delays you're seeing isn't caused by the keyboard but rather the enumeration process on the motherboard. We're implementing some workarounds for certain systems but because of the varying chipsets and custom BIOS from each motherboard manufacturer, it's difficult to isolate a single solution that fits all.

Here are some tips I recommend that may help solve the issue that I have received confirmation from others :

1.) Ensure latest BIOS is use for your motherboard, especially with patches that improve USB Compatibility.

2.) If your BIOS supports it, make sure that it is using FULL (not partial) initialization on POST. This is typically a setting in the BIOS itself.

3.) Try switching USB ports (from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 and vice versa). Some boards may have the USB ports driven by a non-native controller that may cause longer enumeration processes.

4.) Enable USB Legacy Devices in the BIOS.

If none of these help, post here with your motherboard and BIOS version so we can review it.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:20 PM
Dmeister406's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Hi all, just as an update, we're currently in the testing phase a new FW version. However, I wanted to emphasize that these post delays you're seeing isn't caused by the keyboard but rather the enumeration process on the motherboard. We're implementing some workarounds for certain systems but because of the varying chipsets and custom BIOS from each motherboard manufacturer, it's difficult to isolate a single solution that fits all.

Here are some tips I recommend that may help solve the issue that I have received confirmation from others :

1.) Ensure latest BIOS is use for your motherboard, especially with patches that improve USB Compatibility.

2.) If your BIOS supports it, make sure that it is using FULL (not partial) initialization on POST. This is typically a setting in the BIOS itself.

3.) Try switching USB ports (from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 and vice versa). Some boards may have the USB ports driven by a non-native controller that may cause longer enumeration processes.

If none of these help, post here with your motherboard and BIOS version so we can review it.

Hi James,

Thanks for the update.

My specs are listed in my profile. I'm running the latest BIOS version 2101.

I have tried:

1. Enabling and disabling ErP S4+S5.
2. Tried both USB connectors in different USB 2.0 ports.
3. Tried both USB connectors in different USB 3.0 ports.
4. Tried using JUST the KB USB connector in different USB 3.0 ports.
5. Have enabled legacy USB support in BIOS.
6. Have enabled FULL USB initialization in BIOS.

None of the above actually solve the intermittent issue of hanging for extended periods at POST (which, by the way, is never the same period of time. Sometimes it may be 30-40 seconds, other times it may be a few minutes). I have found the issue can be most frequently reproduced when restarting the system as opposed to booting from a completely powered off state.

I understand the process of USB enumeration but I am confused as to why this issue (of ALL the USB devices I have used on my system) is only present with this particular keyboard and with this level of intermittence.

Last edited by Dmeister406; 01-09-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:26 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 752247
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmeister406 View Post
Hi James,

Thanks for the update.

My specs are listed in my profile. I'm running the latest BIOS version 2101.

I have tried:

1. Enabling and disabling ErP S4+S5.
2. Tried both USB connectors in different USB 2.0 ports.
3. Tried both USB connectors in different USB 3.0 ports.
4. Tried using JUST the KB USB connector in different USB 3.0 ports.
5. Have enabled legacy USB support in BIOS.
6. Have enabled FULL USB initialization in BIOS.

None of the above actually solve the intermittent issue of hanging for extended periods at POST (which, by the way, is never the same period of time. Sometimes it may be 30-40 seconds, other times it may be a few minutes). I have found the issue can be most frequently reproduced when restarting the system as opposed to booting from a completely powered off state.

I understand the process of USB enumeration but I am confused as to why this issue (of ALL the USB devices I have used on my system) is only present with this particular keyboard and with this level of intermittence.
Thanks for your hardware information Deiter. Let me see if I can have our team acquire this motherboard and see if the issue can be replicated. Can you confirm for me the FW on your keyboard too?

Last edited by Corsair James; 01-09-2015 at 09:28 PM.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Dmeister406's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752251

Quote:
Thanks for your hardware information Deiter. Let me see if I can have our team acquire this motherboard and see if the issue can be replicated. Can you confirm for me the FW on your keyboard too?
Thanks again James.

I actually have a spare ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mk 1 mobo (I always purchase 2 of every component when I build a PC to ensure redundancy in case of a component failure and thus eliminate down time), however as I am in Australia, the freight back and forth to the US would probably cost almost as much as the board! Anyway, it's a current SKU so you shouldn't have any issues procuring one state-side :)

Please let me know if you need anything else tested at my end.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:54 PM

POST ID # = 752386
Valour549 Reputation: 10

Quote:

Does 2) mean we should disable Fast Boot in BIOS? Since the description of it talks about minimum initialization during boot.