The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 72 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-17-2014, 12:19 AM
SNGGG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 742239
SNGGG Reputation: 10

Hi all, it seems I cannot have CUE and Steam open at the same time. When starting up my computer my steam kept crashing and I've just spent 2 hours trying to disable all my programs upon start up and finally i disable CUE and steam works just fine. It would seem if CUE is open my steam will crash at login. I figured I would just log onto steam then turn on CUE but now that I'm successfully logged into Steam it seems now CUE won't properly start and my lights just stay frozen. I'm running the latest 1.2.77 and I have already updated my firmware to 1.15 when it prompted me to earlier in the week. Not to sure what to make of this. Running a K70 RGB. I love the quality of corsair products but this does get frustrating at times. I really do want this software to be amazing. Anyways I have a lot to do for school, but I messed around a bit more trying to get them to crash in a specific combination and it would seem that once steam is successfully opened, if CUE is opened while the pop up notifications at the bottom for who is playing what game are going off, that is when it crashes. If I start it afterwards it seems to work fine (as far as I can tell in the last 10 or so restarts). Perhaps whatever is handling the desktop notifications on Steam and CUE are clashing with each other.

Last edited by SNGGG; 11-17-2014 at 12:36 AM.

Old 11-19-2014, 01:42 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Rvh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 742552
Rvh Reputation: 39

Are you guys sure it only happens with steam? also tried usb 2.0 ports instead of one 3.0?
Try an intensive game which is not in your steam library.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:32 AM

POST ID # = 742564
Coca Cola Reputation: 10

I can't believe this is a "gaming keyboard" and we have all these issues with Steam.

The lastest firmware did nothing for me at all. Putting the pc in lock mode, the keys go back to default with red until I unlock it again. Keys stop changing color when I start playing a game on Steam. Sometimes while exiting games (Binding of Isaac Rebirth ALWAYS does this) the game will freeze and I have to flip the bios switch on my keyboard off and on to make it exit.

This is a horrible launch of these keyboards. Whats more is the M65 I bought to match this keyboard is horrible as well. In less than a week anything I click responds as a double click. I am going to have to RMA. Please step your game up Corsair.. you used to be known for quality.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:06 AM
CorpNewt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 742568
CorpNewt Reputation: 10

I've been having issues with steam as well. If I start steam with CUE open, it hangs, but what is more interesting is that with the newest firmware (1.15), if I press the caps-lock button (no matter what else is running) it kills the keyboard animations. I down-graded to 1.13 and have had no issues with animations, caps-lock, or steam since. Not sure what the issue is, or if that helps. Mods, let me know if you need any more info from me about the issues. I'll do whatever I can to help get this fixed. Thanks!

Old 11-19-2014, 05:05 AM
SNGGG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 742571

RVH, this is during login, not during any particular gameplay. USB 2.0 has the same issues. I think as mentioned above i might switch back to 1.13 firmware for now since there wasnt a hitch, just a slight lighting issue ;)

Old 11-19-2014, 01:48 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Rvh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 742633
Rvh Reputation: 39

aaaah okay, i can't be of much help then :/.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:14 AM

POST ID # = 742841
MesaMitch Reputation: 10

opening up steam with cue is making steam crash then keyboard freeze for me even with the new firmware / cue update

Old 11-21-2014, 01:46 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 742926
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Can you guys update your hardware profiles so I can see what you're using? Also, for those who are experiencing the issue AFTER the 1.15 FW, please provide a dump file if your Steam crashes.

It looks like I see two types of issues here as well.

1.) Steam Crashes
2.) Steam launches with no issues but keyboard malfunctions after a game is launched.

Also, I can't stress this enough but those of you who also have issues, please confirm you're on the latest BIOS and updated all your chipset and USB drivers too.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:50 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 742927
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coca Cola View Post
I can't believe this is a "gaming keyboard" and we have all these issues with Steam.

The lastest firmware did nothing for me at all. Putting the pc in lock mode, the keys go back to default with red until I unlock it again. Keys stop changing color when I start playing a game on Steam. Sometimes while exiting games (Binding of Isaac Rebirth ALWAYS does this) the game will freeze and I have to flip the bios switch on my keyboard off and on to make it exit.

This is a horrible launch of these keyboards. Whats more is the M65 I bought to match this keyboard is horrible as well. In less than a week anything I click responds as a double click. I am going to have to RMA. Please step your game up Corsair.. you used to be known for quality.
When you lock the PC, the lighting will change to whatever background lighting you saved to the device memory. If you never have done so, the default colors are red with white over the WASD/Arrow keys. Without CUE active, there are no foreground animations/lighting that can be played.

I'd love to get your mouse back for analysis so let me know if you have a RMA number created. Finally, like I mentioned before in the previous post, please update your profile with your system specs and ensure you've updated your BIOS and chipset/USB drivers. If the game youre playing is doing it consistently, I can always have the QA guys purchase the game to test it with.

Old 11-22-2014, 03:54 PM
SNGGG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 743137

how do i find this dump file to post? I updated my specs in profile. I can recreate the problem then link you the dump if you want.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:11 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 743164
terabyte Reputation: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNGGG View Post
how do i find this dump file to post? I updated my specs in profile. I can recreate the problem then link you the dump if you want.
The instructions are in the first post.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:26 PM
AUChia's PC Specs

POST ID # = 743281
AUChia Reputation: 10
Default Updated BIOS, drivers = LEDs still freeze w/ Steam load

I have updated to the latest BIOS on the keyboard. I updated the drivers for the USB and BIOS of my motherboard. The LEDs on the K70 still freeze for me every time I load Steam. CUE does not crash, so I do not have a dump file. The CUE software says the keyboard is working normally, but I cannot change anything until I reboot the computer. I have updated my system config for my profile, so you can review those details.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:30 AM

POST ID # = 743519
Ldrew Reputation: 10
Default k95 problem

my problem is what follows; after booting up steam starts on startup (slower than normal), then i manually start corsairs software. it makes steam not respond sometimes and you cant do much till you wait. then the keyboard lighting effects start to operate, until i launch a certain game. when i launch the game the keyboard lighting freezes, but still operates.

a.) Your system hardware and if chipset drivers/BIOS are both updated to the latest versions.
all drivers are up to date of official asus site.

b.) Device Logs by going to SETTINGS -> Support -> View Logs (attach it to your post)
linked below

c.) When and how it occurs (what game? did it malfunction mid game or when Steam is on?)
immediately after launching 'team fortress 2' (a steam game) the keyboard lighting effects will freeze at that point and wont change. the software says there is no malfunction, but there obviously is.

(edit) also if CUE is running, all my applications run slow and more so, steam runs like what a windows 98 pc would run crisis 3. aswell, if CUE is running then i start steam, keyboard will freeze.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ZIP.zip (2.7 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by Ldrew; 11-26-2014 at 04:33 AM.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:03 PM
DamonKatze's PC Specs

POST ID # = 743585
DamonKatze Reputation: 10

For weeks after I received my K70 I had many issues with software/keyboard bugs at first, but luckily ended up with few problems other than the caps lock light not always showing when caps lock was on and the occasional profile switch/reset back to default when I was in a game...
until I downloaded the new Firmware version (1.15). Firmware version 1.15 would cause issues with Steam. Whenever I would start the system and start Steam, my default profile (Megarainbow) would stop moving and freeze in a profile I had set up for a Steam game called 7DTD). I deleted the 7DTD profile and the freeze still occurred. The only way I could get it to work was if I cycled the rear Bios switch on my K70. Then it would work until I rebooted, then it would freeze on Steam again.
I deleted and reinstalled all keyboard software and the problem persisted. I put the last stable firmware version back on (1.13) and it works now the way it did before. Whatever changes were made to Firmware version 115 made my K70 malfunction when I started Steam.
Software issues like this this long past release are ridiculous. I will keep 113 on my system until I am reasonably certain that Corsair has fixed the Steam issue.
I am willing to assist in any way to fix this frustrating problem.

Last edited by DamonKatze; 11-25-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:30 AM
Zerobyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 743732
Zerobyte Reputation: 10

Hi all,

Today I got my K95 RGB Cherry Red after some problems with usb3 it does not boot to windows 7 (PC saw my SSD HD no more )

Keyboard connected to USB 2 software installed then a firmware update .

Then put off the PC put the keyboard to usb 3 push the power button and start the pc
Hit the del button to test the bios works as intended
Boot to windows fast as always thumbs up, start Steam works likes intended .
No problem encountered so far the keyboard does what it should to do.
USB3 to Bios Works
Not 1 Problem with keyboard and Steam
Fast boot as always
Do some more testing in the next few days.

So far a very happy customer

Last edited by Zerobyte; 11-26-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Closed Thread